Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Cool Could Disney Parks make deal with Pepsi and Denny's?

As Seaworld deal with Pepsi expired in 2012, and replace Pepsi with Coca-Cola. I was Thinking:

if Disney Parks will make deal with Pepsi, Disney Parks will replace Coca-Cola products with Pepsi products like Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, etc., selling Pepsi products in the store, Pepsi Vending Machine will be in every Disney Parks, also Pepsi products will be sell in every Disney Parks Restaurants.; The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror will be sponsored by Pepsi. and Disney California Adventure nighttime dance party will also be sponsored by Pepsi

and If Disney Parks make deal with Denny's restaurant. In a Similar manner of Disney and Starbucks, Disney Parks will bring Denny's restaurant to 6 US Theme Parks.

* Flo's V8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure
    * Dino Diner at Disney's Animal Kingdom
    * Electric Umbrella at Epcot
    * Studio Catering Company at Disney's Hollywood Studios
    * Tomorrowland Terrace at Disneyland
    * Tony's Town Square Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Could Disney Parks make deal with Pepsi and Denny's?

Pepsi is personal taste, and they did previously sponsor the Golden Horseshoe and I believe Country Bear Jamboree for Disneyland, so that is feasible I suppose.

But I see zero benefit to Denny's brand food being a sponsor or that standard instituted in any Disney theme park restaurant. Positive changes have been made and that could well be a step backward.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I don't think that Disney is looking for any sponcerships at the moment they just picked up Starbucks and Deney's would not make sence. Kraft would be a much more likley choise for the restaurants. Kraft's brand goes so far that it would make sence for them to do some Krafts food in the parks. Pespi will not have a spot in the current infulstructre since Coke give Disney all the soda they want inturn for Adds in the parks and product placement in movies.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Why would I go pay more to eat Denny's at Disneyland when there is one across the street ?

• Banned User

Curiouser and curiouser. Do you work for either Pepsi or Denny's? If not, why on Earth would you wonder about such things? Besides nobody under 70 would ever want Denny's in Disneyland, unless they are culturally challenged.
    Last edited by mark sharp; 01-31-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Correction

• The doctor is in

Well Disney could make deals, but why should they?

When I pay to go to a theme park like Disneyland I'm not looking to go eat a Grand Slam I could get at Denny's for $7 at home. Maybe that's just me.
    As far as Pepsi goes, the only product I truly like is Mountain Dew and I think a majority of theme parks are picking Coca-Cola because it tastes better.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Denny’s and Disney, seams like an odd pairing? I assume that Disney would like to partner with a business that would compliment them; like Starbucks or Earl of Sandwich.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Disneyland food is bad enough as it is. Why make it even worse with Denny's?

• -

Why would anyone want to see Denny's in the park or anywhere else for that matter? It's the kind of place you go to when nothing else is opened or you are traveling somewhere and don't recognize any of the other restaurants.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Well Disney could make deals, but why should they?

When I pay to go to a theme park like Disneyland I'm not looking to go eat a Grand Slam I could get at Denny's for $7 at home. Maybe that's just me.
    As far as Pepsi goes, the only product I truly like is Mountain Dew and I think a majority of theme parks are picking Coca-Cola because it tastes better.

Depends on person taste, one person may like coke, another pepsi.

Coke tends to go after large mass contracts such as theme parks and airlines and such moreso then pepsi does. I used to work for an airline who served pepsi then switched to coke, coke came in and offered more for less, but pepsi really showed no interest in keeping the contract.

I think pepsi prefers to go after the consume directly.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Disneyland food is bad enough as it is. Why make it even worse with Denny's?
    While I agree that Denny's is bad food, I would have to disagree that DLR food is bad. I think it has become drastically better from the Country Bear burgers, to Bengal BBQ, to Flo's. The one exception would be Village Haus... it got worse.

That being said, why would Disney even go for Pepsi? Coke has about 40% market share of all carbonated drinks, while Pepsi is at about 30%. That makes no sense what so ever to switch. Also, with the exception of maybe Target, you will almost never see Coke and Pepsi in the same place, competing side by side.

While I still have issues with Starbucks being in Disneyland, why would we even want Denny's inside the park when we can get that almost anywhere outside of the park? One of my favorite things to do in Disney Parks is to eat foods that I can't get outside of the park. So I said no to McDonald's when it was there, and no to Starbucks now... and definitely an H-E-double hockey sticks No to Denny's.

DLR should give us experiences and food that we can't find anywhere else.

• Sock Puppet

I would love to see Pepsi products sold at Disneyland, it would really give guest an option instead of only having coke product availible, wheres the choice in that?

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    I would love to see Pepsi products sold at Disneyland, it would really give guest an option instead of only having coke product availible, wheres the choice in that?
    While you are correct that it would give guests options, think of it from Disney and Coke's perspective. Coke doesn't charge Disney for their product, Disney has to sell only Coke products. All profit to Disney minus the cost of the cups, labor, etc. And Coke is the only thing you see in the entire Park? That's a ton of exposure for Coke.

Personally, I don't care if it's Coke or Pepsi as soda isn't really a priority for me. But I can see how it would be like having to choose between McDonald's vs Burger King, or Subway vs Quiznos. Similar products, but everyone has their own preferences.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Pepsi is personal taste, and they did previously sponsor the Golden Horseshoe and I believe Country Bear Jamboree for Disneyland, so that is feasible I suppose.

But I see zero benefit to Denny's brand food being a sponsor or that standard instituted in any Disney theme park restaurant. Positive changes have been made and that could well be a step backward.
    This.

I really wish they could have both (Coke and Pepsi) again. Personally I prefer Pepsi. But at the very least could they broaden the horizon of the Coca Cola world a little bit? I would be beyond excited if they offered Vanilla Coke, or even Cherry Coke. Hell, I was happy that you could get Mr. Pibb at Earl of Sandwich!

As for the fountain machines, those could be replaced with the Coke Freestyle machines they have been rolling out recently.

Just wishful thinking I suppose..

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Thats because Mr. Pibb is a 7up product just like Dr. Pepper
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast