Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Post Inside the Magic FB updates: Princess Fantasy Faire opening date and Maurice's Treats

Inside the Magic has been updating their Facebook page with PFF updates. According to Inside the Magic, PFF is opening on March 12th, despite the Disneyland page stating it's opening in May (now it says page not found...hhmmm). The FB page is also stating the drinks at Maurice's Treats will be similar to the ones served in Cars Land and Gaston's Tavern in WDW, and the cups will also have the same look.

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic

Front:

Back:

I'm upset we couldn't get our own cups, as these look really cheap. They look like the old Burger King souvenir cups I used to receive as a kid. I'm not a fan of these cups, so far.

The page also states the swing dancing might not come back, besides the fact that Disney stated a long time ago that it would. Since things are so mixed up right now, I'm calling this a rumor. What do you guys think?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

Re: Inside the Magic FB updates: Princess Fantasy Faire opening date and Maurice's Tr

I hope it opens in March. That means during my potential trip in May I won't have to deal with a big opening weekend if the PFF opening happens to fall on the week I go.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: Inside the Magic FB updates: Princess Fantasy Faire opening date and Maurice's Tr

i know Al has said march 10
    im glad we get those cups

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

i own the gaston cup i got from WDW. Everyone in my family loves the cup and everyone uses it. I finally took it away from the kitchen so it won't get damaged. Everyone used it daily. I kept telling them not to put it in the dishwasher for fear it would crack or not handle the heat. And now that I flipped over the cup it says of course don't put it in the microwave or dishwasher.

They are great mugs and once you are in the park and see everyone having fun with them people will most likely wanting to purchase their own. I still have my "easy to fall apart" cone cup from Carsland. My family doesn't like using it because the 2 parts come apart very easily and you have drink everywhere.

I do wish they were exclusive to WDW's new Fantasyland. DL's Fantasy Faire should have gotten their own twist on the cup.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    They are great mugs and once you are in the park and see everyone having fun with them people will most likely wanting to purchase their own. I still have my "easy to fall apart" cone cup from Carsland. My family doesn't like using it because the 2 parts come apart very easily and you have drink everywhere.

I do wish they were exclusive to WDW's new Fantasyland. DL's Fantasy Faire should have gotten their own twist on the cup.
    My cone cup has never fallen apart. They're more creative than these cups, IMO of course.

We should have gotten different cups. *sigh*

Fingers crossed that the Maurice's Treats will be selling pork shanks!!!

• Queen Elsa

The one thing that is confusing me is I read that duering the storytime with Belle and Beast that they will do meet and greet but when I read the opening on the Disney blog it only said Belle. I really hope that Beast be part of this with at the end of the story you get to meet Beast as well.

• Minion

Princess Fantasy Faire preview:

Behind the Walls Preview: Fantasy Faire to open March 12 as new Disneyland princess home, leaving swing dancing behind | Inside the Magic

The article talks about details such as Rapunzel's hair on her tower and the kind of bread treats and drink that will be served at Maurice's. The bread treats will be cheddar and garlic flavored, and strawberry-almond cream flavored. The drink will be boysenberry-apple flavored, a play on "poisoned apple". Creative. The new area looks to be very immersive.

• film975

The Blue Sky Cellar has been saying that the Fantasy Faire was going to open in March ever since their new exhibit opened earlier this month.

Name:  butterbear_cu.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  23.3 KB

Those mugs are really disappointing. Notice how Uni's Butterbeer mugs don't have stock image stickers of Harry Potter or Dumbledore. No; they are appropriately themed. These mugs are just awful.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post

Those mugs are really disappointing. Notice how Uni's Butterbeer mugs don't have stock image stickers of Harry Potter or Dumbledore. No; they are appropriately themed. These mugs are just awful.
    AGREED. Those at Uni look great, while Disney goes cheap yet again. Poorly designed and not well thought out. They could have been so much better.

I think the new mugs are cute. Kids will love them. I don't think the Butterbeer mugs are anything special, infact they are boring. I don't really care if they are the same as at WDW because I know we won't be going there. I can't wait to try the Boysen Apple drink. I love the Redd's Apple Freeze so this one should be good too. I also love the boysenberry punch from Knott's so the combo sounds great. I also think they did a great job with the buildings. They look like they tie in nicely to FL.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    i know Al has said march 10
    Hmm, march 10th being maybe a press day? Wait, is PFF a grand enough attraction to have its own press day?

I'll bet there's a few marketing heads up in Burbank that will give you a hundred reasons why Universal doesn't know patootie about effective brand profitability. I mean, these are the geniuses behind "Limited Time Magic"!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

please! if you remove the sticker then it's just a 1 dollar store plain mug.

if you have the disney gaston mug you have character and design put into it. There are even 2 hidden mickey's on the mug. the detail up close is pretty nice. I don't know why i'm defending this mug of mine so much but I just really like it. Plus it has Gaston on it and he's just freakin dreamy.

Gaston's mug easily tops Butter Beer's plain mug. there i'm done defending the mug.

Now the princess one looks 1 dollar store style horrible. Will never buy that one. EVER.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast