Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Re: If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology

I know that this sounds a lot of money but I say extend the Castle East Show building all the way to were the current Mad Tea party is the would allow Peter Pan to get a more fleshed out attraction also moving Toad would allow an signifcant upgrade to the ride. Also demoing the current Alice and moving again the the edge of the building will allow more space and a better (fixed) outside portion. Then moving Mad Tea Party to Small world mall maybe filling in the Lagoon over there to place it.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I'd make the team that wanted to add Johnny Depp to POTC walk the plank!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Re: If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology

IASW's cloud ceiling is probably the easiest yet most effective idea! But I gotta agree with Autopia... if it started electric and they simulated the vibration and sounds of a real engine, they could plus it today and have people choose what their car sounds like.

I personally wish that every special effect on Indy used today's technology and we never had to hear or see any of the breakdowns. I also wish that the designers would have figured out that EVERY part has to have access to remove or replace a broken item... like the ice effect on Indy, or the Yeti at DAK.

Not as drastic, but Pooh and Monsters should have been built like their Japanese counterparts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I would replace the entire track for people mover and bring back rocket rods.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Is it to early to ask for new seats for Matterhorn?

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Haha, apparently it's too late.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

•   
    • Minion

I'd make the treehouse handicapped accessible somehow - not by changing the structure but maybe finding a way to attach a hidden elevator tower with a walkway over to the treehouse path. It could even look like another tree. I know it's impossible to change the nature of the treehouse but it would be nice if those who can't manage the stairs could see it.

Other than that, another vote for hiding the ceiling on iasw.

i also would say mr. toads, and make it far wilder than it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    The first thing I was going to post as well. I am 6'2" 280lbs. I am a big man not a whole lot different then many of the big men playing in the Super Bowl tomorrow. I was in the back seat of the Matterhorn and usually it is my girth that could be the problem but in this case my knees were kissing the hard seat in front of me. I had no room to move. It isn't that I didn't enjoy the ride, but a person taller than me wouldn't fit. I know the ride was made in 1959 and the average person was smaller then, but when the renovated it couldn't they have added a couple inches to each seat? Would that have been hard?

Anyway, I'll vote for Mr. Toad. Do it the way they did it at WDW and have two tracks to choose from. Makes the lines run better (even though Toad loads just fine) and you have another angle.

• Element of Laughter

Here's what I would do:
    1. PeopleMover-Rebuild the entire track, and replace the old motors(tires on the track every 9 feet) with either MagLev or LIM motors.
    2. Autopia-Replace the old gas powered engines with either electric cars, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, or working prototypes of a newly developed fuel system.
    3. Adventure Thru Inner Space-Not sure what technology to use, but bring it back.
    4. CircleVision-Replace the screens with large HDTV monitors, the projectors with digital projectors, and have 2 theaters, 1 playing the original 1967 version of America the Beautiful(remastered in 1080p high definition), and the other showing a new film.
    5. Rocket Rods-But this time, spend whatever it takes to do it right. Bank the tracks, maybe even extend the ride. . . figure out how to make it so it doesn't break down every 15 minutes. . . If that ride had been built by anyone other than the "let's not spend one dime more than we absolutely have to" regime in place at the time, we might have gotten a definite E-ticket ride that would have blown everyone away, or, at the very least, something dependable that would have a halfway decent capacity.
    6. Mission to Mars: High definition video and simulator technology. And advanced Audio-Animatronics in Mission Control.
    7. America Sings-Advanced Audio-Animatronics, digital sound, and rework the show to incorporate songs that came out after 1974.
    8. Pirates of the Caribbean-Advanced Audio-Animatronics, get rid of everything from the movies, advanced ceiling projection.
    9. I know this isn't an existing or former attraction, but they need to build Western River Expedition. . . under certain circumstances, the fact that this was never built would be considered a crime.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Rebuild the MTTNW and BTMRR into one ride. Here's how it works: Ride starts slowly going by the falls and Bear Country then heads into the living desert and the mine. Now the real roller coaster starts as a runaway train. It could even have a high bank through the geysers then back underground to the end. A high speed romp through Rainbow Caverns would be cool.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

^Oooh. I like this idea. Build it bigger. We have the space to just extend BTMTRR inplace with going across Big Thunder Trail.

I think soarin' would be better in HD
    Mandy

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Peter Pan......would put it somewhere with more room and find a way to get more people on the ride so the line was not always crazy

Also upgrade the animatronics on the ride and add some cool weather effects

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    I think soarin' would be better in HD
    It could definitely benefit from a digital upgrade. And maybe work on the scent...makers...delivery system....whatever theyre called....I would like to smell Pine and Orange seperately, not just Pineorange most of the time, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12