View Poll Results: Which plans are OK for Wreck-It Ralph ride.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan #1

4 80.00%
  • Plan #2

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Cool More Information of Wreck-It Ralph ride.

Hi. I Have more information. I Have a Plans of Disneyland version, but there's 2 plans. I Can't decide.

As you know, Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue will replace Captain EO and Starcade (and possible Star Trader).

On Disneyland version, Starcade will take place, instead of Litwak's Arcade.

Inside Captain EO, the seats will be removed and replace it with seats similar to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.

Name:  320px-Before_and_After.png
Views: 560
Size:  62.3 KB

In the Pre-Show Room, There will be 3 TV Screens.

Plans #1: Name:  320px-Plans.png
Views: 581
Size:  169.0 KB
    The New location of Star Traders will be located in the Extended Queue of Star Tours. Star Tours will temporary close for the detour of a new Star Traders. As Space Mountain Exit being walled, Guests will exit Space Mountain in the Upper level of Starcade (just a piece for a queue of Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue), with an Escalator.

In the facade of the old Location of Star Traders, the Mickey Astronaut Neon sign will remain, and the Starcade sign will be added, like this:

Name:  320px-Facade.png
Views: 569
Size:  86.9 KB

GAME CENTRAL STATION will be part of the queue. without FASTPASS, Guests will walk in Fix-It Felix Jr. with FASTPASS, Guests will enter through Sugar Rush door. also the LED door, with Q*Bert, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros. and the "Out of Order" Centipede.

Plan #2: The Queue will be in Upper level of Starcade. without FASTPASS, Guests will go to the stairs. with FASTPASS, Guests will go to Elevator.

As you walk on the Space Mountain Exit complex, there will be a tunnel, and exit to Starcade's former entrance door.

The clone of Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue will be located at Disney's Hollywood Studios, part of Wreck-It Ralph Land.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: More Information of Wreck-It Ralph ride.

I am not sure how your plans will work I would go with Plan 1 because of more details. But I think you need to focus more on how the orignal layout of Space Mt prevents a placment of an attraction is this area. I think what you would have to do is expand the entire building with an additon behind Star Tours and Inn Between/Plaza Inn. Also you need to take in fact that Space Mt will have to be closed for probaly 6-10 months for this expantion as you mention. Plus to get to the second level of the building you would have to have the guests clime 3 storys of stairs to exit space because the ground floor of Space is about half a level below ground and the stairs at the current exit put you back on ground level and gets you over the ride track. Also the Starcade building 2nd floor is 1 and 1/2 floors up (hint the 3 storys) You are have X-amount of riders exiting Space every hour which means that you are going to have alot of traffic having to rerouted. Not to mention the handicap enterance for Space. Also the relocation of the restrooms because that area would now be backstage. I think you have a good idea but there is just not the space at DL to do it. The second floor of Starcade is needing to be use besides retail storage and the first floor to be added to that. Maybe you can place you attraction in the current Pizza Port location.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Workin to live,lovin life

Nice ideas. Brianpinsky brings up good points. What I saw as a problem is that you can't shut down Star Tours for one attraction to be built. Star Tours is too popular and too new. Maybe they've done something like that in the past, but I don't see the current bean counters allowing for that.

And elevator loading defeats the purpose of FastPass. Elevators take too long to load.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I am not sure how your plans will work I would go with Plan 1 because of more details. But I think you need to focus more on how the orignal layout of Space Mt prevents a placment of an attraction is this area. I think what you would have to do is expand the entire building with an additon behind Star Tours and Inn Between/Plaza Inn. Also you need to take in fact that Space Mt will have to be closed for probaly 6-10 months for this expantion as you mention. Plus to get to the second level of the building you would have to have the guests clime 3 storys of stairs to exit space because the ground floor of Space is about half a level below ground and the stairs at the current exit put you back on ground level and gets you over the ride track. Also the Starcade building 2nd floor is 1 and 1/2 floors up (hint the 3 storys) You are have X-amount of riders exiting Space every hour which means that you are going to have alot of traffic having to rerouted. Not to mention the handicap enterance for Space. Also the relocation of the restrooms because that area would now be backstage. I think you have a good idea but there is just not the space at DL to do it. The second floor of Starcade is needing to be use besides retail storage and the first floor to be added to that. Maybe you can place you attraction in the current Pizza Port location.
    Will You help me, please? Make your Plans of Wreck-It Ralph ride, like mine?

Please not the Pizza Port, It's my favorite place to eat. Waht you gonna do Stay or relocate somewhere in Tomorrowland.

Remember GAME CENTRAL STATION is part of indoor Queue. FASTPASS Queue needed. and a indoor Pre-Show Room, with 3 TV Screens (or 2 TV Screens (one is where Sour Bill tell Wreck-It Ralph's first Adventure, another screen is King Candy's Fungeon Cam) , with 3 Audio-Animatronics Taffyta Muttonfudge, Rancis Fluggerbutter and Candlehead, who are captured and caged, similar to Shrek 4D pre-show). and Starcade (instead of Litwak's Arcade) at Disneyland version.

Where to put the queue?

Can you help me? Can you make the image of Plans for the Queue?

It seems like a good idea (it will utilize what was once a real video arcade), but I'm not sure where you can logistically find the room. And I'm not sure if "Wreck-It Ralph" will have withstood the test of time. It's still pretty new.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Minion

Wreck it Ralph does not belong in Tomorrowland in my opinion. I think it could work if it was placed in a 3rd gate in a cohesively themed area. With Plan #1, putting the Star Trader in the Star Tours extended queue would not be very feasible because Star Tours is a popular attraction that consistently needs to utilize that queue space. Where would people exit on Star Tours if that space is taken up by the Wreck it Ralph queue. How would people be able to exit Space Mountain on the upper floor? For Plan 2: You totally lost me on this one, unfortunately. Overall, I feel that your two plans would only cause complication and require attractions to be closed. I like the idea of having a Wreck it Ralph attraction in DLR, but not in this way.
    Last edited by frollofan; 02-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.

• ~

I don't think Wreck-It Ralph is thematically appropriate for Tomorrowland. A modern day video game does not compliment the land's theme--there's no connection to the future. Tomorrowland is the victim of the shoehorning in of attractions that don't fit anywhere else in the park and a Wreck-It Ralph attractions would be yet another blow.

I mentioned on another thread that the only place I could potentially see a Wreck-It Ralph attractions is Toon Town. The themeing could actually work and Toon Town really needs another attraction to warrant more foot traffic to the back of the park and help the land establish a better sense of self.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I don't think Wreck-It Ralph is thematically appropriate for Tomorrowland. A modern day video game does not compliment the land's theme--there's no connection to the future. Tomorrowland is the victim of the shoehorning in of attractions that don't fit anywhere else in the park and a Wreck-It Ralph attractions would be yet another blow.

I mentioned on another thread that the only place I could potentially see a Wreck-It Ralph attractions is Toon Town. The themeing could actually work and Toon Town really needs another attraction to warrant more foot traffic to the back of the park and help the land establish a better sense of self.
    Hey, I Told you that Wreck-It Ralph ride will take place at Starcade at Tomorrowland in Disneyland version, While Other Version, For Instance:

* Disney's Hollywood Studios, The Attraction will take place in Niceland's Penthouse, located at the current empty building, next to Toy Story Mania!. This Attraction is part of Wreck-It Ralph Land (along with Sugar Rush Racers and Hero's Duty: Cy-Bugs Shooter)

* Walt Disney Studios Paris, The Attraction also will take place in Niceland's Penthouse. The Replica and the Building will be under construction in Paris version. Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue will be called Wreck-It Ralph: Wild Ride (in French is Le Monde de Ralph: Le Tour Sauvage) in Paris version. The attraction will be part of a Clone of Wreck-It Ralph Land in Paris.

* Tokyo Disneyland: The Attraction will replace Captain EO. The Facade will become into a new Tomorrowland Arcade. Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue will be called Sugar Rush: Big Adventure (シュガーラッシュ:大冒険 in Japanese) in Tokyo Version.

See, No need to put Wreck-It Ralph in Toontown, if had an Arcade at Tomorrowland to fit perfectly at Disneyland version and Tokyo Disneyland version. While at Disney's Hollywood Studios version and Walt Disney Studios Paris version, will set in Niceland's Penthouse, part of Fix-It Felix, Jr. Mini Area.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Wreck it Ralph does not belong in Tomorrowland in my opinion. I think it could work if it was placed in a 3rd gate in a cohesively themed area. With Plan #1, putting the Star Trader in the Star Tours extended queue would not be very feasible because Star Tours is a popular attraction that consistently needs to utilize that queue space. Where would people exit on Star Tours if that space is taken up by the Wreck it Ralph queue. How would people be able to exit Space Mountain on the upper floor? For Plan 2: You totally lost me on this one, unfortunately. Overall, I feel that your two plans would only cause complication and require attractions to be closed. I like the idea of having a Wreck it Ralph attraction in DLR, but not in this way.
    Listern, Frollofan. Wreck-It Ralph only fit in Tomorrowland Arcades (like Starcade)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    Listern, Frollofan. Wreck-It Ralph only fit in Tomorrowland Arcades (like Starcade)
    The arcade doesn't really fit in Tomorrowland, either. Most likely it will be removed if a major remodel is done to the land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    Hey, I Told you that Wreck-It Ralph ride will take place at Starcade at Tomorrowland in Disneyland version...

See, No need to put Wreck-It Ralph in Toontown, if had an Arcade at Tomorrowland to fit perfectly at Disneyland version and Tokyo Disneyland version.
    I recognize your original proposal and respectfully disagree that the attraction is appropriate for the land. It lacks connection to Tomorrowland's theme and message. What's futuristic about modern day arcade games? What about Wreck-It Ralph conveys a sense of progress and innovation for the betterment of mankind? I suggest Toon Town because the land is dedicated to the idea of animated characters having separate lives and allowing us to explores their world, which is the basic idea behind Wreck-It Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Wreck-It Ralph doesn't fit in Toontown, either. The main emphasis here is on classic Disney shorts. A ride themed to video games just seems out of place.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Wreck-It Ralph doesn't fit in Toontown, either. The main emphasis here is on classic Disney shorts. A ride themed to video games just seems out of place.
    I agree. There is really no place in the existing parks where this fits.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Your Nemesis

I also don't think Wreck-It Ralph belongs in Tomorrowland. Maybe it could join Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King in a 3rd gate. But as someone who hasn't seen the film yet I'm curious, does Wreck-It Ralph deserve a theme park attraction?
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

I think it would work better if you moved space mountains entrance to the opposite side of the mountain.

The starcade would be the new entrance of Space mountain. The queue would wind around on the bottom level and then guests would go up a ramp/ steps that replaces the escalator to second floor and also use the upstairs starcade before exiting into the roof line of the mountain.

in the corner of this same room would be an elevator if needed for ADA access.

the large section now used as an exit corridor for the magic eye theater would now be mostly gutted out and used as a walkway to help with the flow of people entering the space mountain queue and those exiting.

now that the space mountain queue entrance has been moved, the original large ramp along with the large wasted space in the back used for fast pass machine, the long walkway that leads to those fastpass machines and all the captain EO queue and the magic eye theater would be gutted and used as part of a new attraction and still have room for a proper queue that would start where the original overflow Captain Eo queue is.

as for the wreck it Ralph idea, I have to agree with others and say that I just don't see it as an attraction in tomorrowland. If Disney felt that the movie could justify an attraction I would rather see it replace buzz light year.

Even then I would hope that TDA/Burbank stops adding cartoon based attraction in Tomorrowland. Disney now owns some solid properties that could turn this land into a much more interesting sci fi based idea of a tomorrowland with a bit more thrills and visual eye candy
    Last edited by Baloo; 02-04-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast