Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,232

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    You can't spend 7 days at Disneyland Resort but you can at WDW.
    I call BS. I've stayed over seven days on multiple occasions. Longest was fifteen days. It is real easy to do...if you have imagination.

    I don't think I could stay for seven days in Florida for any reason. Even my imagination has limits...







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  2. #32

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    WDW is also a lot safer, with the nearby Dr Phillips area being a very upscale neighborhood, not an urban area. In general, the layout of Orlando is much nicer, with it encompassing the surrounding suburbs around which the theme parks situate themselves. There's not much commute needed to get from WDW to other destinations, and in most cases you can avoid the highway (and therefore heavy traffic) altogether to get between attractions.

    But this conversation has strayed from the better resort to the better city (which again, as a former SoCal, Irvine to be specific, native living in Orlando, I can say that Orlando is much more comfortable and entertaining)...there is no doubt WDW is the better resort with much more unique and diverse offerings. Sambo, I have no doubt you spent 15 days at DLR (that would be a little too much for me but to each your own)...however I don't see how if that much time at the smaller and more limited resort kept your interest, how you couldn't stomach a week in WDW considering that there are a week's worth of theme parks there alone.

    I mean, there's a reason Magic Kingdom hosts more people than Disneyland each year.
    Last edited by TylerDurden; 02-03-2013 at 08:07 PM.

  3. #33

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,634

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    I grew up in AZ, so Disneyland was the place we went once a year when I was growing up in the late 60s and early 70s. We did our first trip to WDW in 1985. Over the last 25 + years I've been to WDW about 10 times (on average about every 3 years) and to Disneyland too many times to count. Especially after moving to CA in 1999.

    As someone mentioned before it is hard to compare the two, unless you are just comparing the Magic Kingdom, and Disneyland. I have great childhood and youth memories of both resorts, but having spent more time at Disneyland, it is still more special to me.

    As far as overall resorts there is no comparison that WDW is a better resort destination. I've stayed at at least 9 different WDW resort hotels, and just enjoy being surrounded by the resort offerings, and away from the rest of the world.





  4. #34

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I mean, there's a reason Magic Kingdom hosts more people than Disneyland each year.
    MK pulls in only one million more people than DL. For a "dinky little park" in the middle of a city, DL holds its own. Didn't you say it was the better park anyway?
    Last edited by jasmineray; 02-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  5. #35

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,232

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Sambo, I have no doubt you spent 15 days at DLR (that would be a little too much for me but to each your own)...however I don't see how if that much time at the smaller and more limited resort kept your interest, how you couldn't stomach a week in WDW considering that there are a week's worth of theme parks there alone.
    Disneyland has something for me that WDW never will - Memories. It has places where Walt walked and touched. It is the original. It is where I met Walt. WDW will always be to me a knock off in a land of icky weather and megacockroaches. Little appeal to me. If it makes your cork pop, good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I mean, there's a reason Magic Kingdom hosts more people than Disneyland each year.
    It is closer to Europe, and the Eastern seaboard is more densly populated than the west.

    But one should never confuse quantity with quality.







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    MK pulls in only one million more dollars than DL. For a "dinky little park" in the middle of a city, DL holds its own. Didn't you say it was the better park anyway?
    Yes, but the reason it pulls more is due to the fact that it's located in the more expansive resort, which was my point (more hotels=more people on property). Disneyland is better as a theme park but that's because it has to be...it's half the DLR! Without as many rides as it has, the whole place would be a dud. But as a resort (which is the topic of the thread) there is no competition.

  7. #37

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,678

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    In a nutshell it's like a quote I heard Al say one time (On a recent Micechat podcast, and he actually may have been quoting someone else)

    "Disneyland was a park built by a man for his daughters. WDW was a park built by a committee for the masses."

  8. #38

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,188

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Itīs not fair to compare two very different places. But ok... WDW or DL?

    Tokyo Disney Resort if you ask me.
    Name:  0073111ab6.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  123.9 KB
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  9. #39

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Yes, but the reason it pulls more is due to the fact that it's located in the more expansive resort, which was my point (more hotels=more people on property). Disneyland is better as a theme park but that's because it has to be...it's half the DLR! Without as many rides as it has, the whole place would be a dud. But as a resort (which is the topic of the thread) there is no competition.
    That makes sense, but at the same time, shouldn't the other WDW parks be pulling in more numbers than Disneyland as well? Disneyland is the second most visited park, with the other three WDW parks tagging along. Kinda makes you wonder.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  10. #40

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    In a nutshell it's like a quote I heard Al say one time (On a recent Micechat podcast, and he actually may have been quoting someone else)

    "Disneyland was a park built by a man for his daughters. WDW was a park built by a committee for the masses."
    When you think about it, it's true (I believe Al got this quote from someone else, but I can't remember from whom). Disneyland's main guests are local families that aren't on vacation. It was built by Walt Disney, it's compact and quaint and, let's face it, our Main Street hasn't turned into a strip mall... Yet, at least.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  11. #41

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    but one should never confuse quantity with quality.
    this.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  12. #42

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    That makes sense, but at the same time, shouldn't the other WDW parks be pulling in more numbers than Disneyland as well? Disneyland is the second most visited park, with the other three WDW parks tagging along. Kinda makes you wonder.
    you answered that in your next post...locals. The people making daytrips are going to MK, but the people making straight up Disney World vacations are hitting every park...however, the number of locals going to Disneyland exceeds the number of locals going to WDW, so they edge out the parks like Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom who are not getting in people whose main point of vacation is say, Miami or Key West.

  13. #43

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,678

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    So Cal get plenty of tourists that can easily top MK's numbers. The thing is that there is a lot to do in So Cal. And there are a sizeable amount of tourists to So Cal who never step foot into a DLR park.

  14. #44

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    There is just as much to do in Orlando as there is in So Cal...DL just isn't so much a 'destination' as it is a neighborhood theme park...WDW is literally almost a town in itself, and going there truly is an experience like no other. People vacationing in So Cal may not want to go into Anaheim (especially if they can't nab a Disney hotel), or what I think is more likely, they have made the mecca to the #1 tourist destination in the world, and have no desire to go see it's little sister.

  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Itīs not fair to compare two very different places. But ok... WDW or DL?

    Tokyo Disney Resort if you ask me.
    Name:  0073111ab6.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  123.9 KB
    I don't think that was one of the choices, though.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland / Walt Disney World signs for sale on eBay
    By PhotoMatt in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
  2. Surprising Ride Count: Disneyland vs. Disney World
    By TP2000 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 09:07 AM
  3. Disneyland/Walt Disney World: The Official Album (1997 CD)
    By jspiwak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
  4. Disneyland vs Disney World Who is More Happy
    By Candlegal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
  5. Disneyland to Disney World in 2 hours...
    By Disneyland's#1fan! in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •