Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    you answered that in your next post...locals. The people making daytrips are going to MK, but the people making straight up Disney World vacations are hitting every park...however, the number of locals going to Disneyland exceeds the number of locals going to WDW, so they edge out the parks like Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom who are not getting in people whose main point of vacation is say, Miami or Key West.
    So you're saying the number of Disneyland locals exceeds the number of WDW tourists?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  2. #47

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    So you're saying the number of Disneyland locals exceeds the number of WDW tourists?
    No, sorry if that was worded weird. I'm saying that the percentage of locals that go to DL is greater than the percentage that go to WDW. If both resorts had no tourists at all, then DL would be much more crowded for sure. But adding tourists into the equation, DL gets a little more crowded while WDW gets a lot more crowded.

    This is evident in things like One More Disney Day, a locally-targeted event that saw huge numbers at DL but smaller ones at WDW. Also at DL, the heavier crowds of the summer and holiday season appear right before AP blackouts take place, signifying the higher number of locals. At WDW, it's crowded seasonally, AP blackouts or not, but the more crowded periods are definitely not the days before AP blackouts, but rather high vacation times.

  3. #48

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Orlando was the 3rd most dangerous city in America in 2011 according to USnews, so i dont think the "Less Crime Rate" argument holds up.
    Also, as a Texan who frequents WDW, my wife and i always use to talk about how awesome it would be to live in Orlando. Until we realy drove arounf the city. It is very dumpy in such a large peercentage of the city and has an EXTREMELY HIGH white trash element.
    Sory to be so blunt and politically incorrect, just speaking the truth. Not that Anaheim is any Beauty Queen of a city.
    We find, as parent of small children, that for us, right now, DLR is much easier and fun than WDW, We spend one day at DL, then a day enjoying our Disney hotel and pool, then one day at California Adventure and then enjoy the hotel and Downtown Disney the next. Our final day is spent parkhopping to enjoy our favorite attractions one last time.
    you can definitely do a 5 or six day vacation because it seems that DLR has about as many attractions as WDW in only 2 parks. We dont realy ever spend more than 3 days in the parks when we go to WDW because Animal kingdom and DHS arent full day parks for us. We love both places, but if DLR expands or adds a 3rd gate and encloses the resort with another resort hotel at its eastern entrance and has an expansion of downtown Disney, all which are possible and rumored, Im not sure we would ever go back to WDW because DLR is just so much easier to navigate and is way more convenient if you stay at one of the Disney hotels.

  4. #49

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Orlando was the 3rd most dangerous city in America in 2011 according to USnews, so i dont think the "Less Crime Rate" argument holds up.
    Also, as a Texan who frequents WDW, my wife and i always use to talk about how awesome it would be to live in Orlando. Until we realy drove arounf the city. It is very dumpy in such a large peercentage of the city and has an EXTREMELY HIGH white trash element.
    Sory to be so blunt and politically incorrect, just speaking the truth. Not that Anaheim is any Beauty Queen of a city.
    Sorry to stray off topic, but you were obviously not driving through the right parts. As an Orlando native, I find that not only offensive, but flat out wrong. Of course downtown has its parts, and Kissimmee may be sorta nasty but the area where Universal and Disney are located rival even the nicest SoCal areas, such as my old hometown Irvine. And crime rate will always be higher for a big city than a small out of the way one like Anaheim--Orlando certainly doesn't surpass LA in 'danger'.

    You are right, however, about being able to do about a week in DLR--if all you want to do is shop and ride rides. At WDW, there's more of a literal vacation (rather than 'trip') aspect to it, where you can spend time relaxing in the hotels or doing recreational activities. I think it really all depends on the person's cup of tea--you're a theme park junky who loves everything Disney? You'll probably appreciate DL more. You wanna have a well-rounded and full vacation? WDW wins by a landslide.

  5. #50

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Why can I relax and enjoy my resort at WDW but I can't do the same at Grand California or Disneyland hotel? That doesn't even make sense.
    Also, I think the comparison should be between Orange County and Orlando, not Los Angeles. Orlando has nothing even remotely comparable to Laguna Beach, arguably the most beautiful small beach town in America or Newport and many other jaw dropping lay beautiful places. BTW, if you think IRVINE is the NICEST area of Orange County, you didn't get around much. As a Texan I can say without bias, Orlando isn't even in the same stratosphere as Orange County.

  6. #51

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Why can I relax and enjoy my resort at WDW but I can't do the same at Grand California or Disneyland hotel? That doesn't even make sense.
    Also, I think the comparison should be between Orange County and Orlando, not Los Angeles. Orlando has nothing even remotely comparable to Laguna Beach, arguably the most beautiful small beach town in America or Newport and many other jaw dropping lay beautiful places. BTW, if you think IRVINE is the NICEST area of Orange County, you didn't get around much. As a Texan I can say without bias, Orlando isn't even in the same stratosphere as Orange County.
    Again, that's where I lived, not the only place I know of. I've been several places in Orange County and while yes, Laguna Beach is beautiful, I've much enjoyed my time in Orlando and the quality of living has been better to me there than in the suburbs of LA. If you don't want to agree, well to each their own but until YOU have lived in each place, your argument holds no ground, I'm just stating an opinion. Orlando is nicer.
    And of course you can relax at Disneyland, but the main activity are the parks, which include waiting in lines, dealing with crowds, and heavy walking. If you want to explore an African savannah, or walk along a boardwalk or beach area, or ride horseback, or rent watercraft (non-theme park activities associated with fun vacations) you're out of luck at DLR...not so much at WDW. That was what I meant.

  7. #52

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    I'm glad Disneyland isn't this massive piece of land with a bazillion hotels and a gold course, and water parks and all that other stuff. I'm fine with our two parks, Downtown Disney and three hotels. If there MUST be another park and hotel, I'm up for one more of each but that's it. Two and three are fine, we don't need to have all these extra things. Keep it small, quaint and pretty.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  8. #53

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Tyler, you have so many arguments that you could go to to emphasize WDW's advantages over DLR. And there ARE many. However, you choose to pick a point that is the one area that a vacation to orange County has over a vacation to Orlando. non theme park activities.

    5 years ago, before our first child, my wife and i took a vacation to DL. We stayed at the Hyatt Resort on the beach in Huntington Beach and it was absolutely spectacular. It was a very easy ride into the DLR on days we went to the parks.
    On days we didnt go to the parks, we enjoyed our ocean view room, resort pool, boogey boarding in the ocean, a day spent in Laguna beach, a very short drive from our hotel. One day we took surfing lessons. Those are non park activities that simply dont exist in Orlando. Heading over to Clearwater for a day is very nice, but it IS an out of town day trip and ALOT of driving involved.
    You talked about being able to ride a horse, but i think not even 1/10th of 1% of WDW vacationers go horseback riding. If we are going to go there, i will throw in being able to take a day trip SNOW SKIING in Big Bear from the end of November until April. I think snow skiing beats a horseback ride. I can play golf on a decent coarse in WDW or golf on an ocean view or ocean front coarse in Newport. All of which can be reserved at a DLR hotel.
    I can take a tour of Los Angeles with real studios and real Chinese theatres and REAL boardwalks, which they tried to copy throughout the WDW resort.
    WDW has many advantages over DLR, but non theme park activities DEFINITELY aint one of them. Unless you insist that every non theme park activity needs to have the Disney name attached. Then, WDW is the place for you.
    I dont like feeling like i am dissing WDW because I LOVE it, but many of the points you are making seem to be biased a bit.
    You dont think that most WDW tourists spend most of their time by the pool at their resort or standing in lines for attractions with tons of walking around? Well, they do. How is that different that at DLR?

  9. #54

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    To each their own. WDW offers you the option to do many things on ONE property without having to rent a car, pack and travel between hotels, and you can even room charge the whole way through. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip though.

    I love Disneyland park, but to me I enjoy the inclusiveness and immersion of WDW.

  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Definitely to each their own. There's nothing like traveling through the state, experiencing different things. Doing everything in one place just doesn't do it for me, but we're all different and it's great to hear different opinions!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    133

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I call BS. I've stayed over seven days on multiple occasions. Longest was fifteen days. It is real easy to do...if you have imagination.

    I don't think I could stay for seven days in Florida for any reason. Even my imagination has limits...
    You'd be fine for a week in WDW I can assure you. 4 major theme parks, two waterparks to check out which are top of the line and that leaves either one day of park hopping, relaxing, seeing Downtown Disney or whatever you feel like. One week is not too much time for Disney World. Maybe not enough to be honest. No one would ever get bored there for that short of a time.

    I'll be honest here, I never understand the back and forth stuff about a debate like this. In my opinion a true Disney fan would not want to go their whole lives WITHOUT visiting each one. That's why I went to Disneyland in 2012 because I wanted to see it. I feel sorry for the people who choose one or the other because the person you are cheating is yourself. There is so much a Disney fanatic can enjoy at each place.

  12. #57

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Itīs not fair to compare two very different places. But ok... WDW or DL?

    Tokyo Disney Resort if you ask me.
    Tokyo Disneyland had the luxury of cloning the "best" version of each of the US parks, and did so in a blah circular fashion.

  13. #58

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    I'll be honest here, I never understand the back and forth stuff about a debate like this. In my opinion a true Disney fan would not want to go their whole lives WITHOUT visiting each one.
    Yes, but there is the thing where people will probably go to one a lot more than the other. That's probably where the debate stems from.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

  14. #59

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Compare Disneyland to Disney World

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Sorry to stray off topic, but you were obviously not driving through the right parts. As an Orlando native, I find that not only offensive, but flat out wrong. Of course downtown has its parts, and Kissimmee may be sorta nasty but the area where Universal and Disney are located rival even the nicest SoCal areas, such as my old hometown Irvine. And crime rate will always be higher for a big city than a small out of the way one like Anaheim--Orlando certainly doesn't surpass LA in 'danger'.
    In terms of sprawl, Orange County out-sprawls LA, but Orlando? This is just crazy:

    Sprawl Madness: Two Houses Share Backyard, Separated by 7 Miles of Roads | Streetsblog Capitol Hill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland / Walt Disney World signs for sale on eBay
    By PhotoMatt in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
  2. Surprising Ride Count: Disneyland vs. Disney World
    By TP2000 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 09:07 AM
  3. Disneyland/Walt Disney World: The Official Album (1997 CD)
    By jspiwak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
  4. Disneyland vs Disney World Who is More Happy
    By Candlegal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
  5. Disneyland to Disney World in 2 hours...
    By Disneyland's#1fan! in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •