Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Alright, for a two and a half year old, Disneyland or Disney World?

Yeah we weren't far away at all last trip. The Ayres hotel is 3 miles away from Disneyland. The traffic getting from there to DL wasn't bad at all. Parking is still bad at the resort but the traffic getting there is fine. I was talking more along the lines of the days you want to go to the beaches or the L.A. area. Sometimes the traffic can be insane. It is fine with just my wife and I, but throw in a toddler and it might be more painful. I don't mind driving at all though.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

First off, fly into John Wayne and stay in Anaheim. Anaheim is in the middle of Southern California so it is best to stay there in my opinion. Los Angeles is too far north -- the only two major things to see there are Hollywood and Universal Studios. San Diego is too far south -- once again it really is only the Zoo and Sea World. Legoland is in between Anaheim and San Diego. Long story short stay in Anaheim.

Don't waste your time going to LA beaches -- they are too far away and imo they are disgusting. Disneyland is only 20 minutes away from the nearest beach. That would be either Huntington or Newport. Laguna is nice but not as close as those two beaches are.

And yes, traffic is insane. But what do you expect when you are in the suburbs of America's second largest city? One of those things that you just have to bite your lip and do it unfortunately. Although you can take the train from Anaheim up to Hollywood and USH if traffic is too much of an issue with you.

• Blew By You

Well, I am going to say Walt Disney World. Being with a young child, you may want to be in a familiar area. You already have a place to stay (if I read correctly), and that could be a cost saver. There's similiar theme parks in both places so you would not be missing very too much in the long run.
    Now, when you child is older and you have no pregnancies to handle, then you will want to take the Disneyland plunge. It's the original so there's lots of history to discover. You may want to stay longer than three days at Disneyland so as to take in more of the original.

Either location has plenty to entertain little ones. I would just say pick whichever place will offer you the most flexibility and easiest access to and from the park. Toddlers can be so unpredictable - even those who are very adventurous at home can have the daylights scared out of them by the enormous characters, or they can get spooked by the darkness on the rides. And there is a lot of over-stimulation at the parks, so I'm sure your little guy will need a nap in the middle of the day (heck, I usually need one in the middle of a Disney day). I'd pick a situation that will allow you to most conveniently return to your hotel for a rest, and that will offer you a lot of options if things don't go as planned (which they rarely do with a young'n!).

I know strollers are a pain to navigate with, but I can't imagine going without one with a toddler. You'd have to carry him any time he got tired, or when it's too crowded for him to walk without getting lost or stepped on, or when you need to move a bit faster than his legs can carry him, and that would be so exhausting for you! Plus, if it's not possible to return to the hotel each day, the stroller gives him a place to nap.

• Minion

Also I see u mention the water parks knotts has a good water park it is called soak city. It has two play areas for little kids

• Koubu Pilot

Go with Disneyland. Our family has gone most summers since I was a kid and I have had the experience of small children in my group. That baby center on the north end of Main Street is a life saver if you need something. We have also been to Knott's. Camp Snoopy will be the must see attraction for your little one. You can also snap a picture with Snoopy or any other Peanuts characters that come out. The Calico Mine Ride is another classic your family will enjoy.

We stay at the Peacock which is in the resort district with an ART stop right in front but my dad still has me drive and park us in Mickey and Friends! Traffic still isn't that bad in my opinion, even when driving to Huntington Beach. I remember ART also announced they were expanding their routes to take you to Knott's from Anaheim's resort district.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

oh course a Disneyland majority of users here are going to say Disneyland, It's why you came here to get a positive note and view on what it would be like to visit Disneyland with a child.

BUT

I am for team WDW.

If you are aiming for Sept 2013 then WDW will most likley have the free dining package again but you'll need to stay on property to get it, plus the extra magic hours in the morning which is good for your family with a less crowded park. Disneyland's extra magic hours are weird and still getting altered, changed, etc. Plus you have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party you could experience for one night, dress up as a family, that is if you participate in costume halloween trick and treating.

Disneyland also has a party now and they too will be ticketed events. Of course Disneyland has CARSland now and that's a huge plus in your child's book.

WDW's princess waits are not that bad. Over at Disneyland meeting Merida was not easy and had a long wait, as did Rapunzel in her meet and greet inside Fantasyland. Disneyland does have more characters walking around the park BUT they are usually always on the move and not really able to stop and are followed by an uncontrolled crowd of people begging to take a quick picture while they're walking to get from point a to point b.

Disneyland will have their new Fantasy Faire if you visit Disneyland in the fall of 2013. A new area that i'm sure you're aware of for meet and greets with mostly princesses. You and your little one could spend hours of your day there.

WDW of course has the new Fantasyland area where you can visit an amazing jaw dropping que of Little Mermaid and ride the same ride that is at DCA. You can also meet Ariel in mermaid form with a wait time of at least 30 minutes, give or take, depending on when you arrive. Gaston now does meet and greets in his area in the new Fantasyland daily. He's just awesome to meet.

Your little one will have loads of fun the new Dueling Dumbos area and can play and get wet in the new Train play area next to Dumbo. WDW is also going to have a Fantasy Fair princess meet and greet area but not sure when that'll open.

Epcot has loads of international culture you can't get at DCA or DL with World Showcase. Not many rides for young kids at Epcot though but loads of chances to get great photos of your child in each country at their age, good memories there. I would suggest a park hopper to visit a few attractions until your child no longer wants to be at Epcot and then you can leave early for dining maybe at the Boardwalk hotel/Yacht Beach club resturants. Nighttime at the Boardwalk is fun. Shopping, boardwalk shows and games, visiting the hotels because they are attractions in themselves really.

Animal Kingdom has loads of fun for your child. Finding Nemo play. Dinosaurs area. so many meet and greets with many characters. A Bug's life, same as in DCA but you get the Tree of Life exerpience you can't get at DCA. And kilimanjaro safari will just make your child's mind explode at the live animals and the vehicle that you can buy for him in toy version after the ride. Of course not sure if your possibly pregnant wife could ride with you on that one.

Hollywood Studios again has loads of child friendly sections, Little Mermaid dark theatre play, the movie ride- cover your child's eyes during the aliens part. Muppets 3D show, apparently DCA isn't playing it as much anymore and replacing it with 3d shows promoting shows and films there. Mater and Lightening McQueen are there to meet as well.

I haven't been to Universal Studios in decades since I was super young, the days of King Kong the ride era. But I'm sure you already know how great of a 2 park resort that would be for your family if you only decide to visit 2 out of the 4 WDW parks during your vacation stay.

So my vote is WDW, just more fun and more options and more more more stuff to do in a centralized area versus having to drive and make your way around so many locations in California.

Again, WDW.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

I would choose DL, simply because there's so much less schlepping around. The amount of travel time is hard on little ones at WDW, even the ones who DO use a stroller.

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    Disneyland... and knotts has camp snoopy perfect for that age. I would slso look into legoland in ca. From disneyland to the beach is not a bad drive
    My 2 year old has a blast at Camp Snoopy! Lots of rides and options for little kids in addition to their thrill rides.

Be careful about Legoland with little ones though. We were going to take my daughter, but after doing some research, we realized she wouldn't be able to ride on most of the attractions there because she'd be too short. We're waiting until she's at least 3, maybe 3 1/2 before we go. I have not personally been, I've just read a lot of feedback from frustrated parents. Maybe someone else has some more information or experiences?
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12