Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    56

    Thumbs up They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    I showed up to the ticket booth with my 5-day passes, explained that I wanted to take my kids for an extra day. George (the ticket guy) said he couldn't guarantee anything, but if I went to guest services and asked, it might be possible.

    It was possible! I am one happy Canadian mom! Sure enough, Mary (the guest services lady) upgraded our passes to 6-day park hoppers. The difference in price was $135 for one adult and two kids, much less than it would have been to go their normal route and purchase additional 1-day park hoppers. Considering that park hoppers recently went on sale for $30 off each, I don't feel too bad.

    SO, all you have to do is ask!

  2. #2

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Just wait until they upgrade 6-days to Year pass. That would be awsome. I am glad a CM gave you an extra perk. Go to Guest Relations or City Hall or Contact Us portion of the Disneyland.com website and give the guy some praise for making your trip better.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    56

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Just wait until they upgrade 6-days to Year pass. That would be awsome. I am glad a CM gave you an extra perk. Go to Guest Relations or City Hall or Contact Us portion of the Disneyland.com website and give the guy some praise for making your trip better.
    I am definitely going to send a message to Disneyland about this level of service. My only concern would be getting a cast member in trouble for selling a Park-Hopper pass that doesn't exist! I suppose it's a non-issue if they're still able to print 6-day passes, but I don't want to risk getting poor George or Mary in hot water for suggesting that I might be able to upgrade to a pass that is no longer offered.

    I would NEVER consider an annual pass for my family. Such an enormous price gap for a place that I would only visit once every few years. I went to Disneyland knowing I'd try asking for an upgrade (hubby was working at NAMM for the first couple of days, so I had a 5-day pass with 6 days to fill!)

    I basically said that we came all the way from Canada, and after a long trip and shuttle from our hotel, my kids were disappointed that they couldn't go to DLand on that first day, which we planned on making our "extra" 6th day. Guest Services was like "ok, I'm upgrading your pass". Smart Lady! Letting me in for 6 days instead of 5 means that I spend 6 days of money in the park!

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I showed up to the ticket booth with my 5-day passes, explained that I wanted to take my kids for an extra day. George (the ticket guy) said he couldn't guarantee anything, but if I went to guest services and asked, it might be possible.

    It was possible! I am one happy Canadian mom! Sure enough, Mary (the guest services lady) upgraded our passes to 6-day park hoppers. The difference in price was $135 for one adult and two kids, much less than it would have been to go their normal route and purchase additional 1-day park hoppers. Considering that park hoppers recently went on sale for $30 off each, I don't feel too bad.

    SO, all you have to do is ask!
    That is so exciting!! We are in the same situation--have a 5-day hopper but would like to go in the day we arrive. We don't want to use a whole 'day' on it though and do not want to buy another hopper or an AP.

    I have written to Disney and so have my kids, asking for them to bring back longer hopper passes. Hopefully this means they are starting to reconsider! Thank you so much for sharing your news!

    Where is guest services located? I am definitely going to give this a try when we arrive!

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I showed up to the ticket booth with my 5-day passes, explained that I wanted to take my kids for an extra day. George (the ticket guy) said he couldn't guarantee anything, but if I went to guest services and asked, it might be possible.

    It was possible! I am one happy Canadian mom! Sure enough, Mary (the guest services lady) upgraded our passes to 6-day park hoppers. The difference in price was $135 for one adult and two kids, much less than it would have been to go their normal route and purchase additional 1-day park hoppers. Considering that park hoppers recently went on sale for $30 off each, I don't feel too bad.

    SO, all you have to do is ask!
    Sorry . . . one more question . . . did they break down the price for you at all? That is definitely more than it used to be to add another day, but it is definitely better than buying another day. We basically have 4 adults, because our kids are 11 and 10 now. Thanks again!

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,530

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
    Where is guest services located? I am definitely going to give this a try when we arrive!
    Guest Services is to the left of the Disneyland gates.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    56

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
    Sorry . . . one more question . . . did they break down the price for you at all? That is definitely more than it used to be to add another day, but it is definitely better than buying another day. We basically have 4 adults, because our kids are 11 and 10 now. Thanks again!
    I'm not exactly sure how they decided on what to charge to upgrade from a 5-day to a 6-day. I also can't guarantee that they'll do it every time, as it seemed like something they were reluctant to do for me.

    The price for 5-day park hoppers came down $30 a few weeks ago. (an adult pass was previously $290, and a child was $270.) I think the upgrade price was based on the regular 5-day pass prices, because the amount they charged me was exactly $15 extra per pass, based on the regular 5-day passes.

    I think it's fair, and it is probably still set up in their computer system. Our passes worked the same as before, and they all said 6-day park hopper.

    Also: If you or your family enjoy the "Cars" franchise, before you do anything else, go to California Adventure first thing on at least one morning with everyone's park hoppers and grab some fastpasses for Radiator Springs! They run out of Fastpasses in the morning, even on the less crowded days. I would go over around 10:30am or so, and our fastpasses were good for 4PM or later!

    Good luck! We had a blast!

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: They upgraded my 5-day to a 6-day park hopper!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how they decided on what to charge to upgrade from a 5-day to a 6-day. I also can't guarantee that they'll do it every time, as it seemed like something they were reluctant to do for me.

    The price for 5-day park hoppers came down $30 a few weeks ago. (an adult pass was previously $290, and a child was $270.) I think the upgrade price was based on the regular 5-day pass prices, because the amount they charged me was exactly $15 extra per pass, based on the regular 5-day passes.

    I think it's fair, and it is probably still set up in their computer system. Our passes worked the same as before, and they all said 6-day park hopper.

    Also: If you or your family enjoy the "Cars" franchise, before you do anything else, go to California Adventure first thing on at least one morning with everyone's park hoppers and grab some fastpasses for Radiator Springs! They run out of Fastpasses in the morning, even on the less crowded days. I would go over around 10:30am or so, and our fastpasses were good for 4PM or later!

    Good luck! We had a blast!
    Thank you so much! It is fabulous news that they did this at all, because from what I have heard, there has been an absolute policy on it for months now. It gives me hope. I will at least go and ask on that first day! Have an absolutely blast, and thanks again for sharing your great news!

Similar Threads

  1. One Day Park Hopper, Any Deals Out There?
    By Max Fischer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
  2. 3 day Park hopper tickets $54.00 off!
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM
  3. Where can I get the best deal on 1 day park hopper passports?
    By JesterMn in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 03:47 PM
  4. I have a 6-day park hopper for sale!
    By stinkerbell in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
  5. 3 day park hopper for $109
    By The Mad Hatter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •