Why is this spring break date a 5?

We will be in the parks March 26 and March 28. The 26th, a Tuesday, is listed as a five on the Touring Plans, but the rest of the week, including Monday, is listed as tens. Is this a fluke, or will this day actually be average crowds? If it's the latter, any reason?

Re: Why is this spring break date a 5?

Any one know?

• Under that tree again!

It's an error.

That's what I assumed, but I was hoping for our sake that there was some truth to it

• Mistress of Evil

More than likely it is an error. I do not put much stock in the "crowd predictions" available. After all, they are PREDICTIONS. You are going during spring break...it will be busy.
    We are going the week of April 22. I usually go during this time when it is not around Easter and the crowds are low. This year, that week has crowd predictions of 8's even though it is 3 weeks after Easter. Makes no sense to me...no crazy conventions going on either.

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    More than likely it is an error. I do not put much stock in the "crowd predictions" available. After all, they are PREDICTIONS. You are going during spring break...it will be busy.
    We are going the week of April 22. I usually go during this time when it is not around Easter and the crowds are low. This year, that week has crowd predictions of 8's even though it is 3 weeks after Easter. Makes no sense to me...no crazy conventions going on either.
    I try to use them, but I feel like they are not that accurate. What is a ten, exactly? I think of a ten as Christmas Day at the Magic Kingdom; park filled to capacity by noon, every single ride having an hour or more wait, etc., but they have a weekend in Feb (not President's Day weekend) as a 10. So obviously their scale is not the same as mine.

It's frustrating, because I want to try to figure out, realistically, how much we will be able to accomplish.

• Rock Star Minion

If enough people know about the prediction, the prediction will affect the outcome.

I don't think their models are very good, though. This is a perfect example. If the model uses crowds from prior March 26's, it will not account for Easter being on March 31 this year (Easter was in April the past two years.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."