Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Fantasyland needs a tea house

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    I like the thought of a tea house in Fantasyland (or anywhere in the park), but please not Alice themed. As much as I love Wonderland and its citizens, Alice does not need to take over the entire land!
    Considering that Alice, has two attractions, characters on Main Street, and a party currently in DCA. I hope we've reached the limit.

• ooooooOO!

Sounds interesting, I'm very much a tea drinker than coffee. There's ought to be edible teacups though
    .:: ::.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Tea Parties? Madness!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    LOL...I'm actually an American as well, but my ancestry is English and the tea habit got passed down through the generations. But God help you if you want a cup of tea in a restaurant. They think they're being all fancy if they bring out a case of Stash to choose from!

Stash-bleah! Nothing worse that a small tin pot with warm water & a teabag. My grandparents were from Cornwall. We have a firmly held family belief that a 'good, strong cup of tea' will cure all ills from a broken heart to a heart attack. LOL

If it weren't so strongly 'themed' towards children, I would think the new Fantasy Faire wouldn't be a bad place for a tea shop. It just might not be the best place as far as marketing & consumption goes. Probably not a lot of people would wade through knee high princes and princesses for a cuppa. Unless it was a really good cuppa, that it!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I would love a richly themed, non-chain tea shop in FL. Ideally, it would be someplace in the middle of the action where you could sit and take in the beautiful sights. I don't know where it would fit, though. It would be a perfect fit if they ever decide to get rid of Autopia and turn the northern half of it over to a big FL addition.

Isn't there currently a heraldry shop or something still in FL, up by the castle? Never been in there. Get rid of that and put in a tea shop with a few tables out front.

• Lurker

I think that's the Bippity Boppity Boutique these days? Now there's a shop that would fit very well in the Fantasy Faire. I could definitely see that space being used for a tea house.

This is a great idea! I would love the have a relaxing cup of tea with some pastries in the afternoon. It would be a nice break from the craziness of the parks! I personally wouldn't mind it being Alice themed; it seems very fitting. But Mary Poppins, or a non-character themed tea house would be fine as well.

• Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Stash-bleah! Nothing worse that a small tin pot with warm water & a teabag.
    Amen, brother!

My grandparents were from Cornwall. We have a firmly held family belief that a 'good, strong cup of tea' will cure all ills from a broken heart to a heart attack. LOL
    We inherited the same belief from Lincolnshire.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    Amen, brother!
    Make that "Amen, sister!" LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Make that "Amen, sister!" LOL
    Whoops!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Now if the tea cups where also edible as in the movie, that would be awsome. I think we could replace Village Haus for a tea house. Its does not an even taste very good.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

It would be nice if they brought back a Victorian afternoon tea to one of the table service restaurants. It would fit really well in the Plaza Inn, and even if they didn't theme it to a character it would be nice.

I'll admit I'm a little Alice-d out - it seems as though the character has more than enough representation right now - but a zany Fantasyland tea with the Wonderland gang would certainly go over well. I suppose they could always change the Mad Hatter store to a little tea shop. What about doing something outdoors, like in the area where the Motorboats were near the Matterhorn?

How about at the old Skyway station with a Mulan theme?

• ooooooOO!

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    How about at the old Skyway station with a Mulan theme?
    That sounds like a good idea! Disney would have a lot of potential in diversifying the dining experience by bringing in an Asian themed restaurant to Disneyland. How would people react to the Asian theme located by the Village Haus though? Fantasyland is very European.
    .:: ::.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    That sounds like a good idea! Disney would have a lot of potential in diversifying the dining experience by bringing in an Asian themed restaurant to Disneyland. How would people react to the Asian theme located by the Village Haus though? Fantasyland is very European.
    Mulan? I think we're talking a whole different kettle of fish. Mulan would be Tea and Dim Sum. I think most of us are thinking Tea and Scones (and clotted cream and strawberry jam and splits and crumpets and Victoria sponge and little cress sandwiches......). Excuse me, I'm going now to put the kettle on...I'm hungry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast