Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fantasyland needs a tea house

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Ye Olde Skyway Station is just begging to be converted to a tea/coffee/pastry house!
    My favorite idea so far

• Chief Troublemaker

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea of how big the old skyway station is (like approx square footage)? IIRC, it really isn't very big, but then again, I really never paid attention.

I'm trying to picture in my mind if there's even enough room for any type of seating, inside or outside.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

ah this is great!

My mother raised my sister and I on having tea daily IN the proper tea cups, not coffee mugs (just a pet peeve with me). I was just over her house this weekend and tea was immediantly made, put into a tea pot (not from the kettle) and we sat down together with our tea. The collection of different tea pots and cups my mother has is fantastic.

I know I would like this.

If they used the Skyway, it would have to go through a lot of permits and fixing, and I think it would be negating the ADA standards (and would not longer be grandfathered in due to different use).

As far as other animated films that could be used without current park representation...
    -101 Dalmations (England)
    -Aristocats (France)
    -Robin Hood (England)
    -Great Mouse Detective (England)

If any space could be carved out in Adventureland, however, Tarzan's Tea House could be a hit

• Minion

This idea fits my idea of a cake shop so perfectly. A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned a cake shop themed to Sleeping Beauty with the idea of the three fairies trying to get Aurora's birthday party in place would be awesome. All types of cake. This matches the OP's tea shop idea. Hope some Imagineers are reading this, LOL.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

CMs use the skyway station for get togethers. I know this because I used to work in Fantasyland. Still, it can and should be used for guests.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    This idea fits my idea of a cake shop so perfectly. A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned a cake shop themed to Sleeping Beauty with the idea of the three fairies trying to get Aurora's birthday party in place would be awesome. All types of cake. This matches the OP's tea shop idea. Hope some Imagineers are reading this, LOL.

Well if we can have a Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe in DCA, surely we could have Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather's Tea & Cakes in FL. Just as long as they promise to have have gluten-free cupcakes LOL!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well if we can have a Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe in DCA, surely we could have Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather's Tea & Cakes in FL. Just as long as they promise to have have gluten-free cupcakes LOL!
    Yay! Haha!

• Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm loving all these ideas. Flora, Fauna & Merryweather would definitely work as a theme, particularly in the space where Bippity, Boppity Boutique is now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    I'm loving all these ideas. Flora, Fauna & Merryweather would definitely work as a theme, particularly in the space where Bippity, Boppity Boutique is now.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

• Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    How about at the old Skyway station with a Mulan theme?
    It just occurred to me; how about a second tea house, this one in Pacific Wharf with a Mulan theme?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    It just occurred to me; how about a second tea house, this one in Pacific Wharf with a Mulan theme?
    Or it could be 'themed in' without Mulan on Buena Vista St. My mom & dad used to talk about the 'Chop Suey' restaurants in L.A. during the 30-40s when they were young, so it would be historically correct. It could serve Chop Suey, rice, dim sum, and TEA!

• Lurker

You mean like this? Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Name:  6016282871_304a713e10.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  168.3 KB

I could see a sign like that on BVS.

• Minion

A Mulan themed restaurant would be splendid. If the theme was done in the same way as the Jolly Holiday Bakery, I'd love it even more. It doesn't need big murals of characters, just little bits and pieces. As long as Disney doesn't cover it in tacky Chinese decor, I'm all for it.

My friends and I had a hilarious time trying to get tea once at DL. I was there with a girl from France, who speaks good English but does occasionally get confused by idiom, etc. She asked a worker at the Riverbelle what kind of tea they had, and they said "Hot." She said, "okay, but what kind?" and the worker said "Hot tea." At this point she got really confused and said, "No, I mean, like, is it black tea? Green tea?" The worker, just as confused, said "It's hot tea."
    We laughed about it all night, but it did definitely make us wish there was a place in DL for something more specific than "Hot tea."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast