Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: new D land prez Michael Colglazier is cool!

I like the fact that he's trying and making an effort. That makes me feel better and I hope he does a really great job during his time here.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'd rather just look at what is happening in the parks. I'd rather never know they were there, but be able to tell because of how things are being handled.
    So then everything is good? Since Big Thunder is down for refurb....a new stage show is coming....a new sub area is coming...Carsland is still getting work done on it and most likely some new events will be coming to DCA this summer time...whats not to like

On the subject on meeting fans, seems better then not

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So then everything is good? Since Big Thunder is down for refurb....a new stage show is coming....a new sub area is coming...Carsland is still getting work done on it and most likely some new events will be coming to DCA this summer time...whats not to like

On the subject on meeting fans, seems better then not
    What does any of that have to with a guy who's been on the job for a few days?

• I'm from Canada eh!

Not sure attending a Micechat event qualifies him as being cool...but the thought of the gesture is certainly not lost on me; a good start with being a visible figurehead within the Disney organization.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

And he gave us all Golden Horseshoe Review soundtrack cd's! He's won my vote... with gifts!

Seriously though, hearing him talk to us and introduce himself isn't a sign of what kind of job he'll do, but it shows me that he is decent guy willing to come out on a Saturday morning to tell us that he loves Disneyland and will do what he can to keep us loving Disneyland also.

Let's not all jump to conclusions on what kind of PR person told him to do this. The important thing is that he did.

So to tie it back to the subject of the thread... Michael Colglazier IS cool.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    What does any of that have to with a guy who's been on the job for a few days?
    So how long until we can like/hate the guy

So far I like him since he's done nothing yet either way it better then someone coming in an announcing a new Pixar ride that does not fit

• враг народа

Blog Entries

So far I like him since he's done nothing yet either way it better then someone coming in an announcing a new Pixar ride that does not fit
    Until he can actually have an impact. If he came in announcing a new Pixar ride it most likely would have had far more input from Kalogridis, just like everything you listed in your previous post.

• Special Agent

Why does it have to be either? the president of Disneyland is pretty much a meaningless and powerless position. A figurehead. He's just the head PR guy for DLR.

Shall we go down the list of all the PR reps that post on Twitter and the Disney Parks Blog and check off the ones we like and the ones we don't? Is that really helpful in any way?

• Senior Minion

I'm sure the reports that Michael is a "personable and genuinely friendly family man" are true. So far as Disney's motives in having him appear bearing gifts at a MiceChat event, however, the unfortunate reality is that Disney's previous frontal attacks on the social media in general and MiceChat in particular give them rather low credibility in this regard.

Those who wish to believe that Michael's appearance was unscripted and genuine, and in no way was an attempt to buy off fan criticism, are free to do so.

Others may prefer to remember that he is taking his orders from the same corporation that is currently being discussed in this thread.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 02-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• HYDRA

i asked him about a TL redue and he said hes still getting on board with all the new plans.....
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Or maybe he really wants to help the Disneyland Resort remain great & improve
    and he's humble enough to listen to others.

Why put a negative spin on his attending a Micechat event?

From everything I've read about him, Michael Colglazier is an excellent leader and I'm grateful we have him.

And I expect WDW to clean up its act under the leadership of George K., unless Thomas Staggs is so obsessed with his $800,000,000 MyMagic+ bracelecuffs that he prevents George K. from spending $ on no brainer improvements.
    This is why we must remain neutral on his attendance at the event. People should judge him based on action, not PR stunts. If he truly cares about the fans and the park, he has to prove it over the course of his position at the resort. This one event shouldn't positively or negatively sway the community.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Posted on micechats twitter, very cool!!

Twitter / MiceChat: The new @Disneyland pres Michael ...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Posted on micechats twitter, very cool!!

Twitter / MiceChat: The new @Disneyland pres Michael ...
    Wow... That was nice of him! I'm warming up to him, that's for sure.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• former CM

There is more evidence of his coolness & warmth in this update and in the comments that follow:
    Disneyland Resort gettng pixie dusted

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Why does it have to be either? the president of Disneyland is pretty much a meaningless and powerless position. A figurehead. He's just the head PR guy for DLR.

Shall we go down the list of all the PR reps that post on Twitter and the Disney Parks Blog and check off the ones we like and the ones we don't? Is that really helpful in any way?
    Unfortunately, he is more than just a figurehead as he has control over what funding will be allocated towards park improvements. Decades ago, park management was just operational management. They just operated the parks but didn't have power over what went into them.

The system, as it stands now, allows the president to dictate every aspect of how the parks are run, what attractions can be applied and other similar control.

It was evident when Pressler ran the park and everything went down the tubes - attractions, maintenance, food, merchandise, etc. When Ouimet took over at Disneyland, he infused it with better funding in order to get into shape for the 50th.

So, it really depends on the attitude of the current president as to how much he wants to invest in the park he's in charge of. It CAN be beneficial if he has the right attitude.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast