• Chief Troublemaker

Silly question about parking

I'll preface this by saying that I've always stayed onsite since DCA opened so my only 'real' parking experience is in the 'old' nonexistent lot that is now DCA.

The 2 crazy girls are thinking of adding a day to our hoppers and getting extra time in the parks. On our arrival night in Anaheim we will be staying off-site, not within walking distance. Since our package includes free parking (which we won't need) we have been thinking about hitting the parks in the afternoon/evening of our arrival day & using one of the parking vouchers. So, I know that there is a parking structure & some offsite lots.

Considering it will be a Sunday and around 4 pm when we get there, would it be likely that we'd be able to park in the structure? How about the lots near the hotels (between Walnut & Disney Wy). Are there trams from those lots? Oh, I'm talking about late this month.

Exactly where are the lots that are (I assume) west of Harbor? How do you get from there to the main gate?

Sorry if these are silly questions. If there's a 'parking thread', please point me to it.

Thanks!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Re: Silly question about parking

Not silly questions at all! You shouldn't have any problems parking at that time of the day, it is still technically the off season and the parking lots probably won't fill up. The parking structure is called Mickey and Friends and it is located at Disneyland Drive off of Ball Road, it has tram service to the resort. The other is the Toy Story Parking lot, which is on Harbor off of Katella and has bus transportation. You may also want to check with your hotel, some offer shuttle services and others (the Hilton comes to mind) have an arrangement with the Anaheim bus system to take guest to and from the park for a nominal fee.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ladykatie View Post
    Not silly questions at all! You shouldn't have any problems parking at that time of the day, it is still technically the off season and the parking lots probably won't fill up. The parking structure is called Mickey and Friends and it is located at Disneyland Drive off of Ball Road, it has tram service to the resort. The other is the Toy Story Parking lot, which is on Harbor off of Katella and has bus transportation. You may also want to check with your hotel, some offer shuttle services and others (the Hilton comes to mind) have an arrangement with the Anaheim bus system to take guest to and from the park for a nominal fee.

Cool! Thanks so much for your reply. Sounds like all will be good. I don't mind driving (as opposed to a hotel shuttle) if parking isn't a nightmare. I'm one of those people who just 'has' to have my car available.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Parking shouldn't be a problem, either from your hotel or in the structures.

It's too bad you are coming in so late that you can't meet the MiceChatters at the Hub at noon. That is always so much fun.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Parking shouldn't be a problem, either from your hotel or in the structures.

It's too bad you are coming in so late that you can't meet the MiceChatters at the Hub at noon. That is always so much fun.

Aw MAN!! Unfortunately we have a 7-8 hour drive so we won't be there by noon. It would have been great to meet some of you!