Howard Johnson Anaheim or Hilton Anaheim?

We are staying at Disneyland for spring break for a couple of days. I have narrowed it down to two hotels based on the fact that they have a water park. We would love to stay at the Disney hotel, but it just too expensive, so my choices are the Howard Johnson Anaheim or the Hilton Anaheim.

I have gotten spoiled on walking distance hotels, so it is freaking me out to stay at the Hilton, where I will have to possibly take a shuttle at the end of the day. On the flip side, it is half the price of staying at the Howard Johnson. We expect to take breaks at the hotel pool in the middle of each day.

I have not stayed at either property, so any tips are appreciated. Is it worth it to stay at the Howard Johnson? I have added in the parking fees and shuttle fees for the Hilton and all in all, I will save $200 by staying at the Hilton. I am aware that parking and walking is free at Howard Johnson.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

• Down Pluto!

Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim or Hilton Anaheim?

HOJO. I have hade a great experience every time we have stayed there. The walk is not that great and comparable to DLH through DTD to the main gate. Have you applied the site discounts and/or contacted customer service at HOJO? Two hundred difference seems like you may be paying the rack rate.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    HOJO. I have hade a great experience every time we have stayed there. The walk is not that great and comparable to DLH through DTD to the main gate. Have you applied the site discounts and/or contacted customer service at HOJO? Two hundred difference seems like you may be paying the rack rate.
    I applied the AP discount of 20% at HOJO. The rate at the Hilton is just phenomenal right now.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

• Down Pluto!

OH, that would explain it...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• No Disassemble!

Both places have clean rooms, friendly staff, and are a reasonable distance from the parks although HoJo is a little closer on foot. The only outstanding difference between the two is that HoJo is very distinctly a family destination compared to the Hilton's buisness-like atmosphere.

My personal vote would go to HoJo for their awesome pool.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

My husband and I have been staying at the HOJO ( when its available) on our visits since 2008. We highly recommend it, nice staff, clean rooms, very soft and comfortable beds, beautiful grounds, awesome pool. We have stayed at Disneys Paradise Pier, but prefer the HOJO hands down!!

• I'm a fiddle player......

I like both hotels, but if you were going to save $200 I would stay at the Hilton. Thats $200 extra for merch, or a nice dinner at Carthay Circle or Blue Bayou. I think its about the same walking distance from the hojo to the park as it is from the hilton to the Toy Story lot for the free shuttle. Yeah it may take you a little longer, but like I said extra money gets you extra stuff. Do you have kids? The water park at the hojo is just a water playground and the pool is seperate from that. The Hilton pool also as a water play area in the same area as the pool and they have a nice restraurant at the pool where you can get a good lunch and a nice drink.