Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Belle's New Look!

Since I'm usually not there during the days and could care less about the Princesses, I had to look up Belle's old dress. I have to say that the old dress was blinding and really bad, the new one is nice, graceful, and the way she should be presented in reality.

• Selfie Expert

Love the dress, not sure about the hair. I don't remember her having that much hair down? I could be wrong, though. Still, overall I think it's an improvement. I'm excited to see it in person!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• I am number 4 of 999

So now she's Southern Belle!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Queen Elsa

I'm at the park right now and I saw Belle's new dress and I love it it's so pretty I was watching the parade tonight as well and they have Belle with the new hair in it as well. From watching the parade to me she had the new look. I will have pics up sometime tomorrow with her new dress

The pale yellow will look absolutely gorgeous against the dark wood in the new fantasy faire meet and greet.... maybe that was their intention?
    Either way, it's definitely less of a costume, and more like a real dress.

• I'm wishing

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't look like Belle...the earrings are huge, the hair is huge, and the dress looks like a left-over from a bad civil war movie. In reality, it's not all the far away from what I would actually like, but it's just different enough that I simply don't see it as "Belle".

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    I'm sorry, but it just doesn't look like Belle...the earrings are huge, the hair is huge, and the dress looks like a left-over from a bad civil war movie. In reality, it's not all the far away from what I would actually like, but it's just different enough that I simply don't see it as "Belle".
    This is exactly how I feel. It's a pretty enough dress, but it's not Belle.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I'm at the park right now and I saw Belle's new dress and I love it it's so pretty I was watching the parade tonight as well and they have Belle with the new hair in it as well. From watching the parade to me she had the new look. I will have pics up sometime tomorrow with her new dress
    Yes, the same hairstyle is used in all instances. When Fantasmic returns in 12 days, she should have the same hair style there as well.

As someone pointed out to me, this makes some of the girls looks almost like an Elizabeth Swan. The effect is even more striking when she is just in the wig with out the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Dress is pretty I guess, if a bit overdone. But I do NOT like the hair. It doesn't look like Belle at all. The evolution of park costumes is supposed to make them MORE movie accurate, not less.

How is this "less" movie accurate? If anything, it is much close to the movie. They go rid of the weird looking stuffed things on the dress and made the fabric actually pulled into that shape. Same with the off the shoulder parts of the bodice. Yes, the wig actually went sort of the other way, but I think it complements the style of the dress more than if they had just stayed the same.

As for the color, THANK GOD. That over saturated yellow-gold thing is now a nice butter gold that matches the movie A LOT more.
    Last edited by Autopia; 02-03-2013 at 10:33 PM.

• Minion

Well, it's not so much the dress that bothers me, it's the wig. I mean it's not ugly or anything, but it really looks nothing like Belle's hair. The earrings are kind of a weird and unnecessary touch too.

I personaly love the dress its self in-person. Do i like it more than the oringial, not sure. I do think that both Bell and Cinderella look much better in person than the computer art made them look.

Also here is another picture of the new dress- Belle's New Dress | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I love the new dress. I think that the new dresses may have been inspired by the lovely costumes worn on Once Upon a Time. The old princess dresses looked very costumy, not like anything a young girl would dream of actually wearing to a real ball. These look much more like dresses that real princesses would wear. I like them! They are beautiful.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

^Was just thinking the same thing about Once. I watch the parade today I did not noticed from afar but I will be looking closly now. The photos are beautiful and so is the dress. But are they doing this to all the charatures.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Observer

parade and show costumes are different from meet and greet costumes

• formerly very helpful

The only thing I'm not crazy about, as has been stated before, is the muted colors. Hopefully that's either an illusion of this picture, or something that can be "fixed." Other than that, it looks good. Even more realistic.
    Bottom line: She's still a doll.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast