Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Belle's New Look!

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I love the new dress. I think that the new dresses may have been inspired by the lovely costumes worn on Once Upon a Time. The old princess dresses looked very costumy, not like anything a young girl would dream of actually wearing to a real ball. These look much more like dresses that real princesses would wear. I like them! They are beautiful.
    Forget about the young girls; *I* want to wear that dress!

• A Dark Future

I do like the new dress, but in that picture, the lady is miscast. She doesn't look like Belle. Shallow of me? Yes. But I'm saying it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Anyone think her blue dress will change? Or even her blue dress hair?

• Planning my next trip...

I agree with some of the previous posters. I like the dress, but the hair and earrings...not so much. The dress looks like a more realistic version of the animation. I just don't think the earrings fit the style and the ringlets look silly. I wonder why they felt the need to change?

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Here are my pics of Belle in her new look.

First two are from my phone.

And the new hair from the parade.

• I am number 4 of 999

She now reminds me of Belle from the Broadway version of Beauty & the Beast.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

The Ann Hould-Ward costume from the Broadway play was really the most beautiful rendition of the dress... The one they are using in Disney World is overly vibrant yellow and looks like upholstery... WAY too exaggerated .. While this dress and look may not be perfect, it is heading the right direction... Nice detail. They need to take the hair and jewelry back a notch to keep the character more recognizable, but nice to see the new dress looking more like a beautiful dress and less like a plush character....and her hair is actually closer to the Broadway version of her hair...

This saddens (and sickens) me that the Princesses we've all known in the movies will NEVER again be seen in the parks because all of them will get this hideous makeover.
    It won't feel like visiting a Disney park anymore. It will be more like some Comic Con convention with these terrible versions of the Princesses. Shame on Disney for doing this just to make money selling off a new line of dresses. SHAME ON YOU DISNEY!!!!!!

• New Mommy

Is that really necessary? It's okay to not like it, but I think that's a bit overboard...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

Honestly, the previous versions were never literal interpretations of the dresses, anyway. These are at least as accurate as those were. And these do look more like real gowns, rather than simply costumes.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I LOVE the new interpretation of the dress! Looks a bit more adult and classic rather than a glaring yellow straight from concept to sewing. I will have to reserve my final opinion until I meet this Lovely Belle in person!

Bellissima!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I don't like the new interpretations, either, because they have added too many new details that weren't seen in the animated versions--like extra lace, etc. So I'm with Susan Hughes all the way. The princesses are looking LESS and LESS like they did in their animated films and it's perfectly right that fans who care should complain. Belle's new hair is all wrong. The ear rings are wrong, too.

•   
    • *Experiment 999*

i think it's pretty, but i still prefer Belle in the blue dress

• Hide and Seek with Anna

It's funny that no one never complans about the different dress the Princess wear when there in the parade there alot different then the meet and greet dress and how in POD Aurora had a purple dress and she never had that color rather then her pink or blue dress. If the people haven't seen Belle in person with this new dress they need to it is so beautiful photos of this dress doesn't do justice. The only complan I have is the hair there is something off with it and I think it has to do with no ribbon on it like how her old one was. I can't wait to see what Aurora's and Ariel's will look like in person and hope when my Ariel gets her new dress I can reconize her from the new wig.

• Minion

ORWEN: How do you know there aren't other complaints about Aurora wearing a purple dress, Capt. Hook? I remember that she used to wear a purple dress at the Magic Kingdom in Florida quite a bit and I can assure you that was complained about, too. They've had quite a problem getting Aurora's dress done right in Florida for many years. (At one point they even had her wearing a GREEN dress for a while in Florida.) They finally got her gown right. But now there's no telling how they're going to mess it up--if Cinderella and Belle are anything to judge by.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast