Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Re: "Just the facts, Ma'am/Sir" FP enforcement reports starting 2/8/2013

This is the beginning of the "grace period". Strict enforcement comes later--probably after Spring Break.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Where did you get the idea the strict Fastpass enforcement started today? It doesn't.

The only thing that started today was the formal Update Training for all Resort Attractions CM's, with some additional training for Guest Relations CM's in support of that. The actual enforcement of that new policy can't begin until several thousand CM's have been officially trained and signed off on that.

It will be a 30 day process to get that done. The actual enforcement on Fastpass times doesn't start until mid-March.

The thread is Fast Pass REPORTS. If they're not being enforced yet, well, that's a report. My main thing is that I want is that this doesn't become another 'debate thread'.

So, here is a 'report', albeit second hand;

Two Disboards members reported yesterday that 'return within window' signs are up on Autopia, Space, TOT. One member stated that CM told them that enforcement will begin in earnest on 2/18 w/a 15 min 'grace' period.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Thank you fellow Micechatter. What a lovely thing for you to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Such a disappointment. I'm glad we took full advantage of the relaxed fp rules while we could. This is just another reason that we will be taking a long break from Disney once our passes expire.

Thanks for the news WoC 95 and Stormy!

in my eyes (and im sure many others eyes) you are just one (or more) less people for us rule abiding people to have to deal with in the park. it is pathetic to me that the enforcement of return times of a FREE and OPTIONAL service that you knowingly exploited each time you visited the parks is a catalyst for you to take a break from Disney.

• -

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Not if they invented the fruit. Then it's an orange. Disneyland isn't selling a pre-existing product, they invented it.
    Exactly. When Disney designs, markets, and implements a product they are the ones who get to define what it is.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    in my eyes (and im sure many others eyes) you are just one (or more) less people for us rule abiding people to have to deal with in the park. it is pathetic to me that the enforcement of return times of a FREE and OPTIONAL service that you knowingly exploited each time you visited the parks is a catalyst for you to take a break from Disney.
    I am a rule abiding person. If the person who has the power to tell you whether or not you can enter a line, continuously tells you that it is fine as long as you enter after the first time listed, you have been given permission to enter and are not breaking any rules. If they tell someone not to enter and that person enters anyway - that would be breaking a rule.

Also, as others have mentioned before, making a claim that this was in any way rule breaking or exploitation, would be making a claim against Micechat, since they had a stickied thread giving people a tutorial on how to use FP to its fullest that informed people that they could use their tickets any time after the first return time. Since Micechat is careful to not be at odds with Disney, they must not view it as rule-breaking, either. Micechat is where I learned that I may do this. I was following their advice.

There are many people on Micechat that are able to disagree about things without being so rude.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

If they invent a fruit that has all the characteristics of an apple but they claim it is a new kind of orange, then I am not going to agree with them. Really, I think this language, describing it as a place holder, comes from marketing. Probably marketing by someone who either isn't very familiar with how it behaves or was making a poor description of what it does in an attempt to put it in terms they thought would appeal to the customer.

Someone on here previously posted that it is patented by Disney as a "second queue", which is the description I would agree with.

I haven't gone all the way through this thread but my sense is that is the first step in being able to purchase a more flexible fast pass of some sort - something that has been mentioned for years. Maybe flexible fast pass privileges become add ons to annual passes. Also guests that drop thousands in hotel stays will be allowed privileges as well. MyMagic+ = you get what you are willing to pay for.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

It states before u get the fast pass what time it is for. If the time iscduring when u plan on having lunch or dinner go back later for the fast pass or get one for another ride that works with ur sechdule. This is not rocket science I dont see what the big fuss is about.

• The doctor is in

Here's to hoping the enforcement will be in full swing by the time I go back.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They already let you come back an hour late. More time isn't needed.
    Things happen, I understand Disney can do what ever they want its there parks...I'm just saying I would like a longer grace period

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    I haven't gone all the way through this thread but my sense is that is the first step in being able to purchase a more flexible fast pass of some sort - something that has been mentioned for years. Maybe flexible fast pass privileges become add ons to annual passes. Also guests that drop thousands in hotel stays will be allowed privileges as well. MyMagic+ = you get what you are willing to pay for.
    Disney has confirmed that there will not be different levels of MyMagic+ including FP+ that you could pay for.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Disney has confirmed that there will not be different levels of MyMagic+ including FP+ that you could pay for.

For now

They own this product and dictate what they can and will do in the future. After mymagic+ they could come up with a even more exclusive one who knows what they have planned.

[QUOTE=buzzgirl;1056914724] Our DW trip was not worth it we decided. We only got in 4-6 rides a day in early November. We used to be able to knock out the whole park in that time. QUOTE]
    If you're only getting on 4-6 rides a day, it can only be because of other factors, not related to FastPass, which you are not bothering to tell us about, and which you certainly have no obligation to tell us about. Like,"we barely got on 5 rides in a day, (but that was at DHS or DAK, each of which barely has 5 rides)", or"we only got on 6 rides in a day at MK(but we didn't arrive at the park until 2 P.M.)". Something along those lines that you're not including, which of course is none of our business unless you choose to share.
    What makes FastPass effective is that most of the people getting on the ride don't have it for that particular ride at that particular time. Using your reasoning, most of the guests in the park will only be able to do 4-6 rides a day!
    I don't see how enforcing the policy will reduce the number of rides you can go on. It certainly won't make the difference between doing the whole park and only doing 4 rides! You can do the same number of rides, just do them during your window.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen;1056915618
    What makes FastPass effective is that most of the people getting on the ride [I
    don't[/I] have it for that particular ride at that particular time. Using your reasoning, most of the guests in the park will only be able to do 4-6 rides a day!
    I should have also said, not only is the effectiveness determined by the majority going on the ride not using the system for that ride, but also, as we've discussed, the leniancy with the later returns is especially something that even some people on these boards was not aware of.

Re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

I feel bad for Stormy. Apparently no one could comprehend what the secondary thread he/she started was for, and because of that, now it's been merged with the exact type of debate he/she was trying to avoid.

Mods: There's value in having a thread strictly for reports about the evolving FastPass enforcement without the mess of everyone's opinions of the program.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast