Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Mods: There's value in having a thread strictly for reports about the evolving FastPass enforcement without the mess of everyone's opinions of the program.
    Agreed, I'm actually upset the two were merged.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    Thirded.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I think they merged 3! And now it's all even more chaotic than the threads were individually

I'm sorry this happened to your other thread, Stormy. I liked your idea of keeping it separate for news only.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Yeah, I agree. Maybe the other two threads would've been okay to merge since they were pretty similar. But I really liked the news feed idea of up to minute news on what's going with Fastpasses. Oh well, nothing much can be done now.

• No Disassemble!

Well, I guess to help re-rail the thread a bit I got back from visiting both parks today and I didn't notice any issues while in the fastpass lines.

CM's were very vocal about the fastpass return window policy and it seemed like every fastpass distribution place had a CM staffed there. No noticeable difference in the wait time either.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Well, I guess to help re-rail the thread a bit I got back from visiting both parks today and I didn't notice any issues while in the fastpass lines.

CM's were very vocal about the fastpass return window policy and it seemed like every fastpass distribution place had a CM staffed there. No noticeable difference in the wait time either.
    Ah so they were telling people to return between their times? Do you happen to know if anyone tried using an expired Fastpass? That's what I'm most curious about. But this is really good info. Thank you!

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Ah so they were telling people to return between their times? Do you happen to know if anyone tried using an expired Fastpass? That's what I'm most curious about. But this is really good info. Thank you!
    Not to my knowledge. The guests around me were getting in issue-free which was a bummer considering that I really wanted to hear what the CMs would have said to those guests today.

And yes, they made general announcements to the guests in the distribution areas. I should note that not every CM did this at every attraction I went to but they were definitely more vocal at the more popular attractions like Indy and Space Mtn.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Update. It is confirmed the fastpass are going to be enforced 2/18/13 and all Fastpass terminals in the park have gotten these signs:
    Name:  IMG_1617 - Copy.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  201.4 KBName:  IMG_1666 - Copy.JPG
Size:  143.8 KBName:  IMG_1651 - Copy.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  127.1 KBName:  IMG_1653 - Copy.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  116.2 KBName:  IMG_1660 - Copy.JPG
Size:  159.3 KB
    All the sign have velcrow on them so the can be put away at the end of Fastpass Day. These were the only attractions that were still operating FP when I got there. (execpt Screain' not going to reveal how I got that one)
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 02-10-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    Agreed completely. Mods, can you please split Stormy's thread again? It's about hard facts/reports; not debates - this isn't the right place for it.

• Chief Troublemaker

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you liked my idea. Hopefully the Mods will put my thread back up or maybe PM me that it's OK to start an identical one. I think they merged because one MCer had posted a wish that FP would be in full enforcement by their visit instead of a 'fact report'.. Maybe the Mods thought the thread was going to go down 'that road'.

So, it sounds like signs are up at all the machines & there are CMs around reminding people to return within the window.

Has anyone tried to return late?

I'm going to try to (as someone said above) to re-rail this thread, so I'm asking please....if someone posts that they successfully used a late FP, please leave them alone. A lot of us are interested in what they were told and they might not post if they don't want to be 'flamed'. I know I wouldn't!
    Last edited by Stormy; 02-10-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• The doctor is in

They should have just created a sticky thread about the experience of the new FP enforcement instead of merging all the threads, imo.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I guess its good news that things seem to be going smoothly now that FP will be enforced. I mean, I hope its a smooth experience for all guests.

Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Agreed completely. Mods, can you please split Stormy's thread again? It's about hard facts/reports; not debates - this isn't the right place for it.
    I don't think Mods will be able to do that. Assuming a moderators' management of this forum is the same method of moderating as most other forums, a mod will have to individually select posts in a thread to split once again. I mean its possible but the mod will have to know which posts were from what thread in the first place.
    Last edited by j11; 02-10-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags to prevent further topic derailment
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Disneyland 19 year APH

From what I understand is that all CM will not be enforcing FP untill the 18 no pre stuff this time.

• Thrill Seeker

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    So? Ride the attraction First and Then get a FastPass later on for when the windows are later. Then, when MM+ comes online(on the West Coast), you can plan your day to include priority boarding for the ride later in the day.
    Oh ya, it really is that simple right? Seeing on how our DL trips are a seat-of-the-pants type of trip. MM+ may work if we want to raide a ride in the missle of the day, but we don't "hard plan" our trips. Meaning we get there when we ge there and leave when the kids get tired. Lots of other things can factor into the visit like how we visit DCA, crowds, heat/cold, etc. As it stood none of that mattered as long as we had a FP, we could just go back whenever. This worked for how we visited the park, which may be different than how you visit the park. But from the sounds of it MM+ is not really going to work for us for the way we visit the park. We like to ha ve a "choose-your-own-adventure" type of visit. Nothing is planned we just kinda go with the flow of the day. I am not going to bash MM+ before it comes out for us so we will just have to see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    I really can't believe that people were so used to the conditioning that enforcing the policy is going to alter their day that much. And over one ride? Really?
    I am nto sure why you are atticking my post. I am not upset and I am not complaining about the enforcement. All I am saying is that it is going to change our tradition of what we chose to do in the park. And yes, it will alter our day - just like it will alter YOUR day if you have ever gone back after the time printed on your ticket. I really doubt you followed the time 100% of the time, so this alters how YOUR day works also. Its not a big deal - not like you made it seem it was to me when you attacked my post. It is just going to be a new way of doing thigs from now on.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I am sure that Guest Relations will be getting alot of complaints in the coming weeks. I'm not...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast