Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    They already started enforcing the return times at Walt Disney World. My question is, has this helped with the efficiency of the system in Florida?
    In Florida, which I've been to twice since the change, the rides that have FP stil have long waits, in the stand by and FP return queues. Nothing really changed as far as wait times.

• Minion

They already started enforcing the return times at Walt Disney World. My question is, has this helped with the efficiency of the system in Florida?
    In my experience, no. Granted, the last time I went I was at Hollywood Studios on MLK Weekend but I feel like the lines were longer than they should've been. But the real indicator was that the actual wait times seemed much longer than the posted wait times on FP attractions (ToT and RnRC).

However, I'm in the camp that feels that as long as FP's are enforced, they shouldn't increase wait times, so in all honesty, I think this just proves that it was a crowded day and that the lack of enforcement didn't really affect lines as much as people thought.

yes here in Florida it's helped a great deal with the systems efficiency. Also once the roll out begins there won't be as many complaints as some seem to think. It's only the guest who abuse the system that tend to complain.

i hope this start speeding up lines such as Space Mountain. They wait way to long for fast passes before they let the regular line in.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    i hope this start speeding up lines such as Space Mountain. They wait way to long for fast passes before they let the regular line in.
    It should be more noticeable in the evenings. Once the times are enforced it will only be those people with valid fastpasses coming through the line and not valid fastpass holders and people trying to cut in line with expired fastpasses.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    You won't actually get a FastPass under the new system. They would just scan your wristband thing and it'd tell them to let you on since the attraction was down during your ride window.
    I don't think MM+ is going to replace FastPass. I think it's going to be offered in addition to FastPass. Otherwise, instead of talking about how they're going to be enforcing FastPass return times, we'd be hearing about FastPass machines being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    But will a CM know at 11pm about if it was broken at 10am and what if one does not get the message. That alot of complaints at City hall
    O.K. brianpinsky, I'll ask the same question I asked before on another thread: You're so sure that the ride will break down, and that the down time will just happen to occur during your window, and you're so sure that this will happen so often that you think it's justification to let you continue to just walk to the head of the line anytime after your window has opened. Here's the question: What if the ride is broken down at 11 PM? If the park closes at midnight, then the chances of it re-opening during that operating day are not good. I think we know the answer. The answer is that they really don't break down that often. It's just that some of you people are desperately trying to find some excuse that wil allow you to keep cheating the system.
    At any rate, attraction down times certainly are meticulously documented and logged, and in 2013 it shouldn't be that hard to keep cast members in the loop. And besides, it shouldn't matter. If you report to the attraction entrance during what would have been your window, FastPass in hand, then the cast member would either mark/stamp your pass, allowing you to come back later, or better yet, issue a recovery pass like the one's given to the people who were in the standby line at the time that the ride went down.
    And having a FastPass is not, repeat not the same as having a person saving a place for you in line because, again, the company doesn't encourage line saving like that, much less did they spend millions of dollars on a system that facilitates it.(I feel like a broken record). FastPass is a system the company designed so it would be nice of them to accomodate for down times occuring during your return window, especially, and I say only, if you show up to the ride during your window and they see that you intended to use the system as intended.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I understand percedure but will it last? If Mymagic+ fails to take off what will the new percedures for FP?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    And having a FastPass is not, repeat not the same as having a person saving a place for you in line because, again, the company doesn't encourage line saving like that, much less did they spend millions of dollars on a system that facilitates it.(I feel like a broken record).
    Fastpass is a system that saves your place in line. It says so on their website. Whether they encourage doing it with a real person or not, fastpass is still a virtual way of doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    FastPass is a system the company designed so it would be nice of them to accomodate for down times occuring during your return window, especially, and I say only, if you show up to the ride during your window and they see that you intended to use the system as intended.
    Fastpass is a chance to ride during your window. It’s not a guarantee that you can. If you show up and are not able to ride then, it should really be too bad. If you went standby or had someone hold your spot, you would be in the same boat.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Fastpass is a chance to ride during your window. It’s not a guarantee that you can. If you show up and are not able to ride then, it should really be too bad. If you went standby or had someone hold your spot, you would be in the same boat.
    If someone were waiting in line, however, they would be issued fastpasses on the way out of line as an apology for the inconvenience of the ride breaking down, therefore I feel fastpasses should be valid after an allotted time slot if the ride was broken during said slot.

People treat Fastpass like it's a privilege that you're lucky to have but it's available to everyone...it's nice of Disney to provide it, yes, but everyone is entitled to it meaning that it's a fair system for the time being. Therefore, it should be a guarantee to ride, not a chance, because everyone else in line when the ride broke down probably has a Fastpass to another ride that they will get to enjoy. It's a system for everyone, and really, I think the only tough cookies should go to the people that don't use it.

I'm somewhat looking forward to this. I didn't even know guests could use fastpasses to ride any time after the return time! When I visited with my family over a year ago who came out of state and hadn't been to DLR in a decade, we were all able to enjoy our stay at DLR. We rode within the return time and still did many attractions. No feeling of being rushed at any point in our stay. Yeah we waited over 20 minutes in some FP lines, and its still like that sometimes when I visit, but hopefully if this is enforced it won't be that way anymore.

As for complaints City Hall may receive over it, most people don't complain because most don't like to be that person. People are more inclined to compliment than complain (in Disneyland). Yes there will be some who do complain but they are the ones its expected from. To gripe about not being able to enjoy Disneyland at your own leisure and whatnot...its just a matter of doing a little [more] planning on your visit. Because other guests' visit shouldn't be compromised just so others can ride certain rides when they want. Time is more valuable to some. Some that don't know this happens.

In the end, it was fun while it lasted.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Fastpass is a system that saves your place in line. It says so on their website. Whether they encourage doing it with a real person or not, fastpass is still a virtual way of doing just that.

Fastpass is a chance to ride during your window. Itís not a guarantee that you can. If you show up and are not able to ride then, it should really be too bad. If you went standby or had someone hold your spot, you would be in the same boat.
    Your robocop like take on strict adherence to the saving place in line concept doesn't sound very fun. The current system can already handle, to an extent, people coming late for their own personal reasons. What makes you think future implementation wont be able to handle the much smaller number of people with legitimate reasons like breakdowns? That level of strictness just doesn't seem necessary.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    If someone were waiting in line, however, they would be issued fastpasses on the way out of line as an apology for the inconvenience of the ride breaking down, therefore I feel fastpasses should be valid after an allotted time slot if the ride was broken during said slot.
    Disney does not always issue passes when rides break down. Why would a fastpass user get preferential treatment if they are not going to issue those passes to people who were waiting standby.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    People treat Fastpass like it's a privilege that you're lucky to have but it's available to everyone...it's nice of Disney to provide it, yes, but everyone is entitled to it meaning that it's a fair system for the time being. Therefore, it should be a guarantee to ride, not a chance, because everyone else in line when the ride broke down probably has a Fastpass to another ride that they will get to enjoy. It's a system for everyone, and really, I think the only tough cookies should go to the people that don't use it.
    Yes, everyone could use it if they want to. However, since it is something that is free and not paid for there really is no reason that Disney needs to make it a guarantee. If they marketed it as a guarantee to ride and the ride was down for the entire day, people would be trying to use their passes the following day when the ride was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Your robocop like take on strict adherence to the saving place in line concept doesn't sound very fun. The current system can already handle, to an extent, people coming late for their own personal reasons. What makes you think future implementation wont be able to handle the much smaller number of people with legitimate reasons like breakdowns? That level of strictness just doesn't seem necessary.
    It makes perfect sense. If Disney lets people know up front that they are not guaranteed to ride then it will cut down on people showing up with expired fastpasses with some poor excuse that ride wasn’t working during their window. Again, if they were going standby or having a warm body holding their spot they wouldn’t get their place back just because the ride was suddenly working again at some point during their visit.

It makes perfect sense. If Disney lets people know up front that they are not guaranteed to ride then it will cut down on people showing up with expired fastpasses with some poor excuse that ride wasn’t working during their window. Again, if they were going standby or having a warm body holding their spot they wouldn’t get their place back just because the ride was suddenly working again at some point during their visit.
    Your logic is sound but that doesn't mean its the right way to go about implementation. But my point is that the current system halfway works despite people returning late with no excuses. Take those people away and only let people with reasonable excuses come late is better than going all out "too bad" for everyone no matter what.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Take those people away and only let people with reasonable excuses come late is better than going all out "too bad" for everyone no matter what.
    The only problem is who's definition of reasonable is going to be used? What's reasonable to one person may not be to another. Better to make it a blanket enforcement of the time, regardless of the reason for being late, and it will take all of the guess work out of the process.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast