Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• -

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I'm saying that everyone in the standby line has the ability to hold a Fastpass and I am assuming that they are, not the other way around. Please read my posts carefully before you criticize them.
    I did read the post. This is what was stated:

"And it's just the luck of the draw if you're in standby and your wait is a little inflated due to people using Fastpass that you yourself could have just as easily used."

I was pointing out that some of the stand by people couldn't have used it if they were holding fastpasses for other rides. Again, that is the trade off that is made for the benefit of not waiting in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
    Realistic:

Ride breaks down. Guests come with their fastpass.

CM: Sorry the ride is broken.
    G: But how about our FPs?
    CM: There's a disclaimer saying no guarantee for broken rides.
    G: I don't care what it is says. I pay good money to come to this park and now I can't ride this ride!
    CM: Sir/Ma'am, the ticket has a discla...
    G: I don't care. When this ride is fixed we want to be first in line!
    CM: We can't do that si...
    G: I don't care! I'm going to complain to management about this. Never coming here again! What's your name?!
    Really any worker who was so standoffish as to go right to the disclaimer argument should be fired for poor customer service. I doubt any conversation would go like that. More than likely, there would be some kind of prepared spiel for those rare situations.

Quote Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
    Then we'll read articles about lawsuits...blah blah blah...
    Highly doubt there would be a lawsuit over this as there is no ground for a claim. If I were a Disney attorney, I would welcome this as a way to set an example.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    The current rules state that you can return anytime after the first return time, it's been that way for years (ask any CM, oddball).
    Actually the current rule says to come back within your window. It's just not enforced.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

WHAT!?!? You can use a fastpass AFTER the return time has expired!!!????

Ok, yeah... so I never knew this until I started reading this message board about a year ago. My first reaction to finding out this news was to feel like a really poor excuse for a Disney fan. How could I have missed this not-so-secret-secret!!!???? What about all of those fastpasses I threw away because I was one minute late!!!??? THINK OF ALL OF THE SPACE MOUNTAIN RIDES I MISSED!!!

My second reaction was, "what you don't know can't hurt you". None of my trips to Disneyland were ever ruined because I missed a fastpass window, or wasn't able to ride something at the time I had anticipated.

As somebody who didn't realize that the people in the fastpass line may have been returning after their allotted time, I've never really felt like my wait-times were any longer than usual... so I guess I don't really think that enforcing the time will make that much difference for me personally. But I'm also one of those people who sort of likes waiting in line... it makes the anticipation grow!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I did read the post. This is what was stated:

"And it's just the luck of the draw if you're in standby and your wait is a little inflated due to people using Fastpass that you yourself could have just as easily used."

I was pointing out that some of the stand by people couldn't have used it if they were holding fastpasses for other rides. Again, that is the trade off that is made for the benefit of not waiting in line.
    Say the Indiana Jones line is ten minutes longer than it says it's supposed to be. The people in standby line could complain about this, but at the same time, they also could've gotten Fastpasses for it and not have to worry about this at all. If they have a Fastpass for another ride, then it's a fair tradeoff. So I'm not exactly sure what assumption you think I'm making...and besides that, it doesn't address the real point, which goes back to the dinner reservation example. Ride breaking down=people taking too long. Who gets that table when the lingerers finally leave? The people who were told it would be a twenty minute wait? Or the people who were told they would be seated at 7?

Same deal for Fastpass, you don't turn away the people who have a 'reservation' even if the ride breaks down. Other times, however, I feel the window should be enforced, with a few minutes padded on but nothing more.

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, I guess I'll weigh in with my 'tree-fitty', which is 'it's all sound and fury, signifying nothing' until the FP policy actually changes.

As I see it, Disney has had an unofficial policy of allowing late return. They are now going to (apparently) stop that & start enforcing return times. Period. End of discussion. All that's left is waiting for the proverbial axe to fall.

For those who have been returning late & will now have to return within the window, that will be a change, and one you see as a bad change. You've been doing something that Disney has been allowing, but soon will not longer allow. No amount of hypothetical scenarios about broken rides or late dining is going to change Disney's decision. There will be a period of adjustment, but you'll get used to it.

For those who have always returned in the allowed time, nothing is changing about the way you do the parks. No amount of 'sanctimony-ization' will make those who have returned outside the window feel that they have been doing anything wrong by doing what Disney has allowed them to do.

No amount of 'hypothetical-izing' is going to change the situation. No amount of criticizing people with an opposing viewpoint or shooting down their opinions/arguments for or against the change will either. To repeat a famous quote "Can't we all just get along?".

As we draw ever closer to the supposed date of enforcement, it would be nice to be able to have a thread on this topic that consisted of just 'news reports', without opinions. You know, "I went to XXXX ride and was told XXXXX about FP enforcement by the CM" or "On XXX date & time, I was/was not allowed on XXX with my late FP".

I will now duck my head & run.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• -

Say the Indiana Jones line is ten minutes longer than it says it's supposed to be. The people in standby line could complain about this, but at the same time, they also could've gotten Fastpasses for it and not have to worry about this at all. If they have a Fastpass for another ride, then it's a fair tradeoff. So I'm not exactly sure what assumption you think I'm making...and besides that, it doesn't address the real point, which goes back to the dinner reservation example. Ride breaking down=people taking too long. Who gets that table when the lingerers finally leave? The people who were told it would be a twenty minute wait? Or the people who were told they would be seated at 7?

Same deal for Fastpass, you don't turn away the people who have a 'reservation' even if the ride breaks down. Other times, however, I feel the window should be enforced, with a few minutes padded on but nothing more.
    The difference between a restaurant reservation and a fastpass is that with a restaurant, it is actually a reservation whereas with a fastpass, it is just a virtual version of turning to the person behind you and saying, “can you save my spot?” If the ride breaks down under those conditions, your spot would be gone as the person who was holding it is no longer in line either. It should be the same situation with a virtual system.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The difference between a restaurant reservation and a fastpass is that with a restaurant, it is actually a reservation whereas with a fastpass, it is just a virtual version of turning to the person behind you and saying, “can you save my spot?” If the ride breaks down under those conditions, your spot would be gone as the person who was holding it is no longer in line either. It should be the same situation with a virtual system.
    But it's not...if the line for Indy is 90 minutes at 3 oclock, my Fastpass return time is not for 4:30...the system is very much a reservation based on availability. If what you're saying is true, then all Fastpass users would have to wait the amount of time the Standby line before their window opens up. You're thinking of Qbot at Six Flags--Fastpass is much more akin to a dinner reservation.

• -

But it's not...if the line for Indy is 90 minutes at 3 oclock, my Fastpass return time is not for 4:30...the system is very much a reservation based on availability. If what you're saying is true, then all Fastpass users would have to wait the amount of time the Standby line before their window opens up. You're thinking of Qbot at Six Flags--Fastpass is much more akin to a dinner reservation.
    I think the problem is that most people confuse the return time posted on the pass as a reservation. It's not.

Since the fastpass is acting as a virtual system of holding your place in line, the time on there is an estimate of when you would be at the load platform based on the stand by wait time and how many other passes have been issued. The time on the ticket is when the computer estimates you would have been through the line. It then gives you a one hour grace period in case you can't make it back exactly when your turn comes up.

This is very different from a reservation. A reservation is something that one would make based on availability for the exact time that they wanted to ride. For instance, if you walked up to the distribution machine at 9am but did not want to ride until 6pm, you would make a reservation for that time slot. Holding a spot in line is entirely different.

• Chief Troublemaker

Not to add fuel to the rumor mill (well, I guess I am, aren't I?) but I just saw a thread on another fan site's 'lounge' with a picture of a 'fast pass enforcement, return within your window' sign' at Space Mountain. Picture was posted today (2/7) at 2:29 local Disney time. A comment posted at 2:41 stated that they were told that signs went up today for enforcement in both parks beginning tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm sure if it's true, someone visiting the parks tomorrow will post it on MiceChat right away!

I really don't know if it's 'OK' to link to another fan site, I don't think I've seen it done before so I'm not linking.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• World of Color

Exclamation Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Via Mousewait:
    There is a picture saying that "Please return within one hour printed on your Disney Fastpass"

Disneyland Real-Time MouseWait Here is the link

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Saw the same post on MW. Glad you started a new thread. I just posted it in the older fast pass thread.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Just come back later.

Many of back and forth and assumption in this thread, could be cleared up simply by looking at what has happened in WDW regarding the nearly year old FP return time enforcement and + program tests and announcements.
    Of course.. but most of the complaints/concerns here aren't based on logic to start with.. so why use logic to answer them?

I bet this puts Gumball Rally people in a new spin!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I still vehemently disagree with Disney's claim that it is holding your place in line. It works exactly as a ticket for a separate line. Tyler, you made an excellent point.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Such a disappointment. I'm glad we took full advantage of the relaxed fp rules while we could. This is just another reason that we will be taking a long break from Disney once our passes expire.

Thanks for the news WoC 95 and Stormy!

• Pilot EdForceOne

All this concern about ride breakdowns is much ado about nothing.

Worst case.. Disney just tells the FP holder to come back later.. and the CM lets in late holders if they knew the attraction was down. It doesn't take an army of elite seal team members to work that out. Simply the staff know about the attraction's operation that day.. end of story.

Disney could ignore those FP holders too.. but I doubt they will. It's a simple soft solution to let those late people in due to breakdowns. Those people will tend to come back over a period anyways.

Mountain out of a mole hill.. seriously.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast