Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Yay!! Next trip, I will definitely be taking advantage of this. I'm curious to see how or if it impacts wait times.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

I would prefer the signs stating you "must" return within your hour window, but this makes me very happy. It will be interesting to see how and if the rule is enforced.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Such a disappointment. I'm glad we took full advantage of the relaxed fp rules while we could. This is just another reason that we will be taking a long break from Disney once our passes expire.

Thanks for the news WoC 95 and Stormy!
    I know its a big disappointment to me to. I use to like when Disney was relaxed about the rules o well. Ill just have to ajust

• World of Color

Personally I don't think this way is going to last to long. I know this is for NextGen but I think there would be to many people complaining it would go back to the old way

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Yay!! Next trip, I will definitely be taking advantage of this. I'm curious to see how or if it impacts wait times.
    Do you really have a choice?

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    Personally I don't think this way is going to last to long. I know this is for NextGen but I think there would be to many people complaining it would go back to the old way
    Yeah but Disney has spent over a Billion Dollars on there new system, and for it to work accurately FP times must be enforced. They wont let it die. Besides Disney doesn't have to offer FastPass, its more of nice perk, allot of other parks charge you for front of the line pass.

Ive always followed fast pass times, I didn't even know you could do this until I started reading MiceChat. I always assumed if you returned after the time the pass wouldn't work. This will mainly only effect locals and AP who abuse the system. If anything I am glad there doing this. Have you ever tried to redeem a FP for your actual time frame and there happens to be a parade or fireworks that just finished? What a nightmare, the FP line will stretch out into the main streets because of people abusing the system.

• No Disassemble!

Good thing my wife and I started practicing back in September.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    This is going to piss off a lot of people...

i can't wait to hear all the stories come tomorrow!

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is going to piss off a lot of people...

i can't wait to hear all the stories come tomorrow!
    I know right? Give the CM's a soft opening of 1 day before the weekend crowds??
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

I've heard from cast members at WDW that guests never really became upset about the enforced Fastpass times there. While guest reaction could be different on the west coast, I think it's already understood that being able to show up late was a bonus anyway.

Enforcing the times is a very reasonable expectation. It will benefit both guests waiting in the Fastpass line and also in standby. Personally, I've always believed Fastpass was a mistake to begin with, but at least this should help curb some issues it has caused.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Do you really have a choice?
    Yep! I could choose not to use Fastpass at all.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    I've heard from cast members at WDW that guests never really became upset about the enforced Fastpass times there. While guest reaction could be different on the west coast, I think it's already understood that being able to show up late was a bonus anyway.

Enforcing the times is a very reasonable expectation. It will benefit both guests waiting in the Fastpass line and also in standby. Personally, I've always believed Fastpass was a mistake to begin with, but at least this should help curb some issues it has caused.
    I agree with all you've said, but I think the reason there may be potential for more upset is that DLR has more local and AP crowds. WDW has more tourists who may not be aware of the "secrets" such as a lack of enforcement on return times. It seems more DLR regulars are in the know.

Good luck to the CMs!! Let's hope people remain decent.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I know right? Give the CM's a soft opening of 1 day before the weekend crowds??
    And...they did give them a "soft opening of 1day"! Was the picture of the reminder sign not taken on Thursday? Last time I checked, that's not the weekend yet, unless you're talking Thanksgiving, which this isn't.
    There seems to be a range of people here who: either didn't know about the late returns being allowed, or people like me who heard about it here, but didn't take advantage of it out of principal, to people who knew about it, and were so conditioned to doing it, that doing without it is going to seriously throw a wrench into their visits.
    And you've got people desperately claiming that "it's not going to work. Too many people will complain". Well, what are people going to do, storm City Hall and take hostages? It will work. And of course, lines are still going to be long. As a park guest, you probably won't be able to see how it's making a difference, but that doesn't mean that it won't be.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Good luck to the CMs!! Let's hope people remain decent.
    This. Lots of good mojo to the CMs going into the weekend!

The way I see it at this point is that just about every other Disney park on the planet is already on board with this. Tokyo and Paris have been doing this all along, WDW is now doing this, and the world hasn't ended. I'm sure some at DLR will be upset. However they've been able to enforce return times at numerous other Disney properties and I'd be surprised if there was enough drama at DLR to stop them from enforcing here.

There may be more problems here that at the other parks, or , who knows, maybe less. It won't be anything that they can't handle. Like I said before, the worst thing that could happen is that somebody could get violent, at which point, security could issue then a "FastPass" out to Harbor Blvd., and ban them from the parks. Or maybe they could turn them over to Anaheim P.D., if it gets to that. Actually, I think some of these people will get to City Hall/Chamber of Commerce, see that there's a line there, and then have a hissy fit when they find that they can't go to the head of that line.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast