Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

We were going to get the PAP on our trip to DW last November but after the CM turned us away from TOT because we were ten minutes late -stuck in the Fantasmic crowd my DF said that he had it with the FP return policy. I am so sad to see this happening here at our home park. Our DW trip was not worth it we decided. We only got in 4-6 rides a day in early November. We used to be able to knock out the whole park in that time. I am glad we got one last trip in December to DL before they started this. Such a sad day IMO. We will be spending our vacation dollars on cruises instead.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgirl View Post
    We were going to get the PAP on our trip to DW last November but after the CM turned us away from TOT because we were ten minutes late -stuck in the Fantasmic crowd my DF said that he had it with the FP return policy.
    This is a great example of what the guests could get mad about. It's not so much that guests intend to abuse the system (even though I believe that some do) it's that guests may feel like they can no longer get the most value out of their future trips to the parks.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    who cares the park is about enjoyment not rules
    Yea I agree who needs rules.... Just go and have fun! We don't need no stinkin rules....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'm not against rules just FP is a system that seems like they either need to change the rules or stretch them a little to allow people to have a more enjoyable day...you might be late to your ride because a ride broke down or a parade or you waited for another ride it said it would take 15 mins...but took an hour

•   
    • Minion

What's funny is everyone is thinking this is meant to help the FP system work better. The only reason it's even changing is to accomodate the new FP system or mymagic+. This will not help the stand by lines like everyone hopes. In all reality it will be about the same just like WDW has been. It's not like everyone who gets FPs decides at 8pm they are all going to cash them in. I have always felt this is a exageration of how many people abuse the system. The real test will be when the new system comes online. If it pulls from a different pool of FPs and adds it to the current pool the lines technically would be longer. That's what I am more curious to see the effect of.

• Former ODV/SE CM

Holy geez a lot of people sure are getting upset about a FREE service. You do have the option of not using it if it impacts your life that negatively. Now you can say that you paid for the service with your park admission but it is optional.

And for people asking for a longer grace period, why not treat the first time as the time to return rather than the second time as the return time. That way you have an hour grace period.

Attack me if you want. I fully admit that I have abused the system and rarely returned during the marked time. Am I going to stop going to Disneyland (or Disney World) because of FP changes...absolutely not. It just means I (and my party) will just have to go with the flow.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Such a disappointment. I'm glad we took full advantage of the relaxed fp rules while we could. This is just another reason that we will be taking a long break from Disney once our passes expire.

Thanks for the news WoC 95 and Stormy!
    Oh no, you have to follow the rules....glad to see you go.

• Mistress of Evil

At this point I am hoping it is true and does happen, so it stops the FP argument threads every week.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    why would anyone be upset about this? the rule has always been in place just never been enforced.
    The main reason people are upset is because Disney has allowed everyone to break the rules by not enforcing return times. Guests have become used to getting FP tickets and being able to return whenever they want.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Oh no, you have to follow the rules....glad to see you go.
    Thank you fellow Micechatter. What a lovely thing for you to say.

• -

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I still vehemently disagree with Disney's claim that it is holding your place in line. It works exactly as a ticket for a separate line. Tyler, you made an excellent point.
    If it is the company's product, the company defines what that product does, and puts that definition on its web site and all its literature, then they aren't the ones who are wrong about what the product is. They get to tell us what it is.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Avid MC reader since 2005

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

They can sell an apple and call it an orange, but it is still an apple.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    it's not abuse when the actual wording on the fastpass is explicit on not returning early but completely vague on coming in after your fp time.
    There is nothing vague about "return between x time and x time".
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Thrill Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Arrgh, I get so tired of people calling it "abuse". It's not abuse when disney had absolutely no issue with people returning late, it's not abuse when CM's would happily let me know not to worry and that I could return anytime after, it's not abuse when the actual wording on the fastpass is explicit on not returning early but completely vague on coming in after your fp time. Abuse is a strong word that insinuates that all those who used their fp's after the return time were doing something horribly wrong.
    Great post.

This will really change how we go about our day at the 2 parks. For as long as we have been going it has been our practice to hit Space first grabbing a FP then riding the ride. Then before we leave the park for the day we use that FP for Space. It has always been our first and last ride of the day - and it worked becaue we were usually tired and would not wait in the line at the end of the day.

Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

Talking Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just hope you can return a little late.....I understand if your like 2 hours late but even 30 mins...who cares the park is about enjoyment not rules

YEAH!!! Thats why im bringing a bottle of wine to my next trip to Blue Bayou!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast