Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Re: Fastpass to be inforce starting tomorrow

Do people consider FP an entitlement?

If you get a FP, go have dinner and take an extra half hour and miss your FP, that's your responsibility, that's your decision to not plan your time well, that's your fault.

Responsibility > entitlement

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post

If you get a FP, go have dinner and take an extra half hour and miss your FP, that's your responsibility, that's your decision to not plan your time well, that's your fault.

This.

Obtaining a FP is a privilege. It's not an entitlement. If you aren't responsible enough, or care enough, to use the FP the way it should be then maybe you shouldn't use it at all.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post

ka-Blammo.*

*a very large Bingo.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    Great post.

This will really change how we go about our day at the 2 parks. For as long as we have been going it has been our practice to hit Space first grabbing a FP then riding the ride. Then before we leave the park for the day we use that FP for Space. It has always been our first and last ride of the day - and it worked becaue we were usually tired and would not wait in the line at the end of the day.

Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
    So? Ride the attraction First and Then get a FastPass later on for when the windows are later. Then, when MM+ comes online(on the West Coast), you can plan your day to include priority boarding for the ride later in the day.
    I really can't believe that people were so used to the conditioning that enforcing the policy is going to alter their day that much. And over one ride? Really?

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I haven't seen anyone claim entitlement. I've only seen people express their appreciation for the more flexible fastpass system that was in place, and disappointment that they are losing that flexibility.

•   
    • Minion

Some people feel they have entitlement over how a company runs their own product LOL Disney the company who owns FP allowed guests to do this. No one was breaking a rule ever. Sorry argue all you want but it's a corporation not a law. They choose to do it because in the interest of customer service it makes sense. It's no different than any expired coupon any of you have ever used. Or getting a sale price on a item because you missed a date. Showed up late for dinner reservations etc. Why would a company who thrives on customer service want to deny it's customers a service or argue over minutes and hours it's not worth it. Now they have a new system that they want to promote. The new system gets the special treatment which means the old system has to change. It's as simple as that. They are doing this for them not us. I bet if they could kill FP and make mymagic+ the only way to get a FP they would but the complaints would be too high. Just my opinion of course but there are a lot of parallels here with my company.

• Selfie Expert

Re: "Just the facts, Ma'am/Sir" FP enforcement reports starting 2/8/2013

Sorry, I know this isn't news and it breaks your rules, but just wanted to bump this thread up since I'm curious to hear any reports, too!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just hope you can return a little late.....I understand if your like 2 hours late but even 30 mins...who cares the park is about enjoyment not rules
    They already let you come back an hour late. More time isn't needed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Where did you get the idea the strict Fastpass enforcement started today? It doesn't.

The only thing that started today was the formal Update Training for all Resort Attractions CM's, with some additional training for Guest Relations CM's in support of that. The actual enforcement of that new policy can't begin until several thousand CM's have been officially trained and signed off on that.

It will be a 30 day process to get that done. The actual enforcement on Fastpass times doesn't start until mid-March.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Where did you get the idea the strict Fastpass enforcement started today? It doesn't.

The only thing that started today was the formal Update Training for all Resort Attractions CM's, with some additional training for Guest Relations CM's in support of that. The actual enforcement of that new policy can't begin until several thousand CM's have been officially trained and signed off on that.

It will be a 30 day process to get that done. The actual enforcement on Fastpass times doesn't start until mid-March.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-tomorrow.html

re: disneyland is going to start enforsing fast passes feb 18 [Merged Threads]

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    They can sell an apple and call it an orange, but it is still an apple.
    Not if they invented the fruit. Then it's an orange. Disneyland isn't selling a pre-existing product, they invented it.

• Minion

I don't know for sure, but maybe it is some kind of warning of its coming, and it is trying to get the guests (especially Annual Passholders) into the habit of using the system correctly before it is strictly enforced.

• Under that tree again!

What Westsider said is just how Disney last did this. CMs heard, guests were notified, guests were told, then after a few weeks a firm date was made for the change to be fully effective.

• Selfie Expert

Sounds reasonable. I was expecting that it wouldn't be an abrupt change. Thanks for the input, guys! Still hoping that anyone will report if CMs are communicating this, etc.

• Fireworks Finatic!

What's funny is there has to be "update training" for something that has been there all along.. Why so formal? Just start telling people you have to return within the 1 hour window.. simple.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast