Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Off-property hotel advice please!

Were trying to plan a trip to DLR on 3/10 3/13 and I can use some advice regarding hotel.

The past several times weve visited weve stayed at the Grand Californian but we are considering staying off-property this time. While the convenience of walking right out to the park cant be denied I just always come away feeling like were paying too much for just a so-so room. Also, once were in the parks we dont go back to the hotel until were done for the day, not back and forth. We will be driving and also have premium passes so parking at DLR wont cost us anything.

I would like any advice regarding either the Hyatt Regency Orange County or Anaheim Marriott Convention Center. Any preference for one over the other? Any inside info regarding special rates or discounts? All opinions are welcome! Thanks!

Re: Off-property hotel advice please!

If you want convenience, I would highly recommend any of the hotels on Harbor right across the main entrance. Best Western Park Place Inn, Tropicana, Carousel Inn or Camelot Inn and Suites are all less than 10 min. from main entrance gates to your hotel room door, clean, reasonably priced and have some sort of continental breakfast. Carousel Inn is usually the least expensive.

The hotels you mentioned are slightly higher quality but require a shuttle that may not work with your schedule. I know you said you don't mind driving, but the tram from the parking garage to the parks will take longer than walking from the hotels mentioned above to the park. At the end of a long day, there is nothing that can beat the convenience of a hotel room close by, and many are basic, but clean and comfortable and well-appointed.

I heartily agree. We stayed at the Ramada main gate a few years ago and loved how close it was. Trying to save money so we could have a better experience, we ate lunch and dinner in our room. Sure we did a bunch of walking, but we're prepared to do it every time. Plus they don't charge for parking and had a free continental. Check those hotels on Harbor for sure.

I would highly recommend the Doubletree on Harbor Blvd or the Crowne Plaza, both of which have their own private shuttles that take you directly to the East Esplanade.
    "Maybe the definition of home is the place where you are never forgiven, so you may always belong there, bound my guilt. And maybe the cost of belonging is worth it."

• No Disassemble!

I haven't stayed at the Hyatt yet but I have been to the Marriott a few times and can attest to the fact that the quality of the Marriott is going down while prices seem to be higher than or on par with it's neighbor the Hilton.

I actually prefer the Hilton Suites Anaheim (on St. College right off the 5). Their prices are the same or cheaper than the Marriott and every room is a 2 room suite + sofa bed. The breakfast buffet is a good value as well. If you don't mind driving and are looking to stay at a hotel that doesn't have all the hustle and bustle of the tourist hotels then Hilton Suites is a great stay.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Ive stayed at the Ebassy Suites South (by the hyatt) and it was a lovely hotel, the free breakfast you cant beat!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

We usually stay at the Howard Johnson or Ramada Maingate. Both are in the Wyndham reward system, and we occasionally accumulate enough points for a free night at one or the other.

The Ramada is closer and has a free continental breakfast. Hojo is spotless, has great rooms, pretty gardens, and a great play area for kids. The walk is a bit farther, but it's next to Mimi's, which is one of our favorite places for a reasonably priced meal.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5595 miles, 311,000 feet

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Ive stayed at the Ebassy Suites South (by the hyatt) and it was a lovely hotel, the free breakfast you cant beat!
    This, plus the Mariott Residence Inn. While not directly on Harbor Blvd, it's not but a couple of blocks away. Rooms are great. You can make your meals in almost all rooms. The free breakfast is great, more contintantal that the full breakfast offered at the Embassy. Several discounts available (AAA, senior, Mariott Rewards to name a few). You can walk to Disneyland or take their shuttle.

Our last trip in January, we stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel that was wonderful, we got a great rate, a bit less than so called "Main Gate" hotels, and a higher quality in my experience. They have a free shuttle that is dedicated just to the Sheraton, and it is even closer than walking to a main gate hotel. The shuttle seems to run every 15 minutes, and we never waited more than 5 minutes for the shuttle to get back to the hotel which was just behind Disneyland Park. It is also about the same walking distance that you would do if you were to walk through the Mickey and Friends lot all the way to the esplanade.

I highly recommend it.

• -

This. If I stay off property this is where I usually stay.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The Fairfield Inn by Marriot is really nice. It is right across the street, walking distance, and the rooms have a "hotel" feel to them.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

We usually stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn - just a few blocks away on Harbor. While it's not a palace, it is decent and the staff has been friendly. The price is reasonable and the in hotel resteraunt isn't to bad.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    This. If I stay off property this is where I usually stay.
    Not to meantion they have the Anaheim Transit stops at their entrance.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• -

Not to meantion they have the Anaheim Transit stops at their entrance.
    And Buca Di Beppo in their parking lot. Mmmmm Chicken Marsala and Spaghetti Marinara.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DL Vistor Since 1968

The Candy Cane Inn is nice and they have a dedicated shuttle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast