Other report-outs from last week

For security, Disneyland now photographing everyone with a park hopper (I believe 3 day or more). This means if you are standing there with your annual passes and 25 people in front of you have a park hopper, you will wait for every single person to have their photo taken with an iPhone. One cast member even photographed 3 babies (all under 3) in a triple stroller.

There were tons of Disney suits. More than I've ever seen before. Boldly, I stopped a group and asked if perhaps they might consider a line for passholders or "already photographed" that would move faster. They all nodded, said it was a great idea, and please be patient, since it's new -- they plan to improve.

I was asked for identification (drivers license) more than I've ever been. I had it with me at all times, and I showed it as much as my credit card (and we all know that's a lot).

Several cast members confirmed that Disneyland is imminently going to be enforcing fast pass times. Two of them at separate times told me they are only waiting for signage. Still hearsay, but I would expect it to happen soon.

K

• -

Re: Other report-outs from last week

These are all pluses as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the photographing of multiday ticket holders is burdensome, but I feel that they will work it out once they figure out a more permanent solution. Perhaps a gate for only those with multi-day tickets. Unfortunately, it is a necessary evil to cut down on ticket fraud/leasing.

Being asked for ID is also a good thing. I always feel weird when I buy something with plastic and my ID is not asked for.

The fastpass issue has been discussed ad nauseum, but making people obey the rules will make for more consistent wait times as well more accurate wait estimates.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I was about to say what Calsig31 said. I'm pretty sure there will eventually be a solution that will be much more convenient.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Monorail Junkie

I was there on Sat and I asked about Innoventions and was told that it will be sticking around at least until 2016. They renewed the contracts for another 3 years. I also asked about a revamp of TL and was n told nothing until after 2016 and most likely no Avengers or Tony Stark into the park.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    I was there on Sat and I asked about Innoventions and was told that it will be sticking around at least until 2016. They renewed the contracts for another 3 years. I also asked about a revamp of TL and was n told nothing until after 2016 and most likely no Avengers or Tony Stark into the park.
    While that is good news (no Avengers/Tony Stark) and bad news (waiting until 2016) to me, everything is hear say until confirmed by Disney.