Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Question Stage 17 to occupy for a new Meet n' Greet?

Stage 17, which formerly house Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It! left abandoned, and used for Dancing with Disney!

How about if Stage 17 turns into a Meet N' Greet of some Disney Characters. Like, Phineas and Ferb.

• Still Dizzy

Re: Stage 17 to occupy for a new Meet n' Greet?

I'd say leave it as Dancing With Disney! but add it more characters like Phineas and Ferb.

Dancing with disney is a blast! It's fun for the adults and kids and it's air conditioned. I would hate to see it become just another meet & greet location.

• No Disassemble!

For the love of Mickey there's only so much gangnam style that these poor cast members can do in a given shift!!

My idea would be to put another game show in there since ABC's got so many of them now. How about a "Shark Tank" game but it's for aspiring imagineers who want to pitch a new park idea to a panel of real imagineers? Or the Bachelor/Bachelorette where fans can win a date with Mickey or Minnie? Dancing With the Characters (instead of Dancing With the Stars) anyone??
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I'd love to see that area used for a well-themed Meet-and-Greet-and-More that changes with the seasons. Heck, I think I wouldn't mind if it was themed like a prop house similar to the one at Hollywood Studios in WDW. At the end of the queue, you see a more elaborate set with characters belonging to that scene. Put the set on wheels and you can have things change relatively easily.

Transform it into a Halloween haunt or Halloween Town in Fall. Winter Wonderland or Christmas Town for the holidays. Movie promos including extended trailer viewing can be housed there instead of the Muppet theatre. Just something to make that area worth visiting.

Personally, I don't want Disneyland turning into WDW, where we have valuable space made into character meet and greets. Don't get me wrong, WDW needs them due to the climate, but Disneyland doesn't need that.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Dancin' with Disney has been gone for a while now (a month or so), hasn't it?

• "I don't like the color"

Just what we need, another meet and greet.........
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Dancin' with Disney will be back for the summer. To me this was just for the summer/Hoilday time event. I really don't see it going anywhere to soon. I've been in there a few times and the little kids just love it dancing with the likes of Big Bad Wolf,Capt. Hook, Lilo and others there. So I really don't see it going away for a wild now.

They really just need to dismantle that building and clear the lot. That whole backlot section is a mess of wasted property.

I still do not understand why they have not done something with that large building. I also do not understand why they go thru the trouble and expense in building large outdoor stages for things like the mad tea party in the middle of the walkway when they have that mostly unused open air stage with catwalks that could be used as part of some kind of
    night time entertainment. Or even the large millionaire building that could be turned into an indoor dance club. If they are worried about having hundreds of people inside a building then they should reconfigure the building so that the whole front of the building was open with no doors.

the area used as an arcade is also another large piece of wasted space. if they tore that out and used the whole plot of land including where the end of the line bar is they could easily build a nice attraction and if they were innovative they would do what universal did and go up to have a ride that uses more vertical space.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Dancin' with Disney will be back for the summer. To me this was just for the summer/Hoilday time event. I really don't see it going anywhere to soon. I've been in there a few times and the little kids just love it dancing with the likes of Big Bad Wolf,Capt. Hook, Lilo and others there. So I really don't see it going away for a wild now.
    I think Dancin really was one of the smartest things Disney did this summer. It gives children a chance to interact with characters without it being the formality of a meet & greet. They actually get to REALLY feel like they are hanging out with the characters. At what meet & greet does a kid get to dance with the big bad wolf? It's awesome.

Plus it was a GREAT idea for summer. I spent quite a few hot afternoons with my kids (who are tweens and still had a blast), sipping on a beer and sitting on one of those couches watching the fun. I even jumped up and participated in a few of the old school dances (mostly for the fun of embarrasing my kiddos)

It was a nice, hidden away experience and refuge from the crowds and the heat that really provided a great character interaction for the kids instead of the rote experience of "picture, autograph, hug, NEXT!!!"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    How about if Stage 17 turns into a Meet N' Greet of some Disney Characters. Like, Phineas and Ferb.
    How about putting an attraction in instead? Something to actually draw people into the land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

they should rebuilt all the facades there and put an attraction of some sorts in stage 12 or 17 and the other could be used in more expansion

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Another thread was about the rumor of a Star Wars land, but what if we took MuppetVision, Stage 17 and perhaps even Monsters and turn them into some sort of a Star Wars backlot experience, ala Indy at WDW.

• Minion

I'm going to be blunt, Dancin' with Disney is WACK. It's cheap entertainment and it definitely needs to go. I'm not up for a meet and greet, either. Like disneytwins said, this isn't WDW where there are a whole bunch of meet and greets everywhere. They're not needed as much at the DLR. That building should be used for something else. What, I don't know but not Dancin' with Disney or a meet and greet.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Under that tree again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast