Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: DL: Mainstreet Electrical Parade returns this year!

Didn't Al Lutz, in his last article, refer to Disneyland not wanting to be complacent with a new parade or a new show in the upcoming year? If one were to make a "small" inference, this could mean that Disney has plans for a new parade, and they are significant. Significant enough that some might say it's enough to impress. But not so much that it would be the topper to a year, and enough to satisfy everyone. I think an electrical parade would fit that description.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Sock Puppet

sorry i don't believe. i havn't heard the EP is returning. as far as i know Florida still has it

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    The rumor I heard over the weekend from an unnamed source was that it would return to Disneyland, but not before 2014-15.....
    I'll believe any of this when Al Lutz tells us and not one minute before. Personally, I think it's inevitable that Electrical Parade will return home in some form. But from what we know about the evolution of LED lighting across the resorts--new lights in DL Pirates' caverns, new popcorn lights at WDW MK, upgrades to DL Fantasmic floats, etc.--I would be surprised if the Parade didn't get "plussed up" at some point.

Reality check--as noted above we aren't neck deep in a marketing campaign for a return this year. The new back alley on the TL side of Main Street hasn't broken ground (although there are a lot of survey spraypaint lines/IDs on the asphalt backstage) and I think they are in for a lot of surprises (think of the capped drain line that flooded TL when they refilled the lagoon for Nemo Subs). Plus they have no experience with running MSEP in DL with the new Castle-centric fireworks. There are no MSEP floats to be seen in the parade building behind DL Circle D and no reports of them disappearing from WDW.

Bottom line--I think it's all but impossible for this year and unlikely (but not impossible) for 2014. The suits at TDA are just debriefing on DCA and 2012 and there's a new President.

My hunch is that this CM was trying to seem important. YMMV.

The Electrical Parade will not be returning to Disneyland Resort anytime soon. In all honesty I don't even think the parade could handle the transport back to Disneyland. Walt Disney World also has no plans to stop showing the electrical parade and it's currently on the schedule for all of 2013.

i was actually told by a cast member (plaid) that it was coming back. in fact, he or she said that it was already backstage. i do not necessarily believe him or her, but it's just another cm who said so. so far, they haven't been wrong with the disney info they've given me, so we will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandmissy View Post
    i was actually told by a cast member (plaid) that it was coming back. in fact, he or she said that it was already backstage. i do not necessarily believe him or her, but it's just another cm who said so. so far, they haven't been wrong with the disney info they've given me, so we will have to see.
    Funny how MSEP will be performing tonight in WDW...

• Shubisha

Considering last we all heard is that Spectromagic is not coming back and that many of the floats are actually being destroyed, which WDW almost never does, I'm not sure why people are discussing the possibility of MSEP coming back any time soon.. WDW would have to build a brand new parade (HAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA), so in all likelihood Disneyland doesn't want/need anything yet and if they did they'd build one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
    No offense or anything but...
    How does an average person know anything about the secrets of Disney?
    Answer: They don't.
    I'm not saying they're right, but I would put more weight on a CM's comment than a random person on the Internet. Random person being anyone, not just you.
    Again, not trying to be ruda, but just saying...
    Personally I hope it does come back in it's original form or close to it. Update lights to LEDs, but don't make the music all techno like this...
    Who's to judge who is an avergage person and who's not? You would take an attractions castmembers word over entertainment business than someone that could possibly be involved with...Disneyland Entertainment?
    Dont assume ones thoughts weighs more than others when, you, dont know either party. Electrical Parade is not coming back. Al Lutz has it right.. sort of.

The Electrical Parade didn't help DCA's attendance because as every Disney fan knows: The Main Street Electrical Parade belongs on Main Street Disneyland & not in DCA!!!! Disney's attempt to boost DCA's attendance with a reproduction of our beloved Main Street Electrical Parade just didn't work!! It's too bad that the decision makers at Disney aren't true Disney Fans!!! Bring back the nostalgia & the insight of Unca Walt!!!

• Pluto's #1 Fan

It is just a rumor and one started by a Cast Member working attractions. It was asked that the information not be shared but it was.. "should-ing" on the original poster of this thread doesn't do you or them any good. That is just my opinion though.

Speaking of my opinion I think TDA (Team Disney Anaheim) does not want MSEP (Main Street Electrical Parade) back. I think that they would rather remake it from the ground up. From what I have been told from my friends that I know and trust (but still take information from them with a grain of salt) is that TDA will indeed be remaking MSEP. When it will happen or why they want to bring it back is a mystery. Lastly I would like to add that weather they bring back the old, sad, sorry, broken down MSEP that I saw when I was young or a brand new shiny light parade I would love to see it. The 60th Anniversary is coming up soon and TDA has never let me down.
    Last edited by dlrtalks; 02-12-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Logic and Rhetoric
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." --Walt Disney

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

It would make for a great 60th Anniversary surprise...

Just going to have to wait and see.

One could swear that Al Lutz is a god by reading all these posts...

•   

I live California n i hope the MSEP will come to DL soon. I was thinking why can they send the MSEP to hong kong disneyland, cause the MSEP been to California, Florida, Tokyo n Paris. HKDL never had a nighttime parade before.

Just goes to show how often and how quickly things can change in TDA and TDO. We "lent" it to Florida indefinitely because we didn't have the room for it. Now, we do, yet Florida let their own parade rot in the sun and rain for over a year and...imagine that...now it's too expensive to fix.

Disneyland officials did fly out to Orlando to inspect MSEP recently; I'm not sure of their findings of what was decided, though.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I just read through four pages of mostly nonsense. Clearly, this a thread that is drawing in the low IQ folks.

Some of you are fretting over the fact that this vaguely described cast member might get fired. I'm sure the cast member Internet police have already tracked him down and have him locked up in Toontown. Others are arguing the cost and logistics of transporting the parade back. Again, a non-issue for Disney. It's far more costly to produce a new parade than to just transport an old one back and refurbish it. Another said that Al Lutz said it isn't coming back, so that makes it fact. Is Michael Colglazier really Al Lutz in disguise?

However, did it ever occur to any of you that the original poster (BreakYesFixNo) is probably a liar? He probably wasn't even in line for Indiana Jones as he said he was. Furthermore, even if he was I highly doubt that a cast member under the scenario he said approached him to say this. Look at his post count. No credibility.

Lastly, a simple check of the Walt Disney World operating calendar shows that Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled on the calendar through at least July 31, 2013. If the parade were coming back to California this summer, which it isn't, then Disney wouldn't have the performances on the calendar in Florida, which I know can change, but it's not. Furthermore, activity around the DLR for its return would be happening soon like auditions for performers.

Why do you people feed these trolls?

I would welcome its return in the future. Disneyland Resort could use a nighttime parade. It's a missing component in the Entertainment offerings.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast