Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: DL: Mainstreet Electrical Parade returns this year!

The MSEP is not coming back. DL is getting a brand new light parade as soon as 2014, and WDW let SpectroMagic rot (as stated above) and have nothing to replace MSEP with.

MSEP itself is falling apart itself because it's OLDER THAN DIRT. WDW's crappy maintenance (or lack thereof) hasn't helped the situation. WDW will run it until it falls apart, and then they will likely just not have a night parade. I'm sure their new daytime parade (2014) will be able to run at night, much like Soundsational does now here at DL.

MSEP is NOT coming back to DL. And NO ONE should want it back. It's a technological relic that presents an easy way out for Disney. Be excited for a new light parade using cutting edge technology and including characters that were introduced after 1977.

The poster above me has it right. I can't tell you how many CMs have told me it's coming back. They're wrong. We're getting something much better than the Night of the Living Electrical Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2Disneyland View Post
    The MSEP is not coming back. DL is getting a brand new light parade as soon as 2014, and WDW let SpectroMagic rot (as stated above) and have nothing to replace MSEP with.

MSEP itself is falling apart itself because it's OLDER THAN DIRT. WDW's crappy maintenance (or lack thereof) hasn't helped the situation. WDW will run it until it falls apart, and then they will likely just not have a night parade. I'm sure their new daytime parade (2014) will be able to run at night, much like Soundsational does now here at DL.

MSEP is NOT coming back to DL. And NO ONE should want it back. It's a technological relic that presents an easy way out for Disney. Be excited for a new light parade using cutting edge technology and including characters that were introduced after 1977.

The poster above me has it right. I can't tell you how many CMs have told me it's coming back. They're wrong. We're getting something much better than the Night of the Living Electrical Parade.
    I've read this on another site and I sure hope you're right. DL Park is way overdue for a light parade! Would Steve Davidson be working on this parade? How far along is the project? What park would it be in? Hopefully in DL Park!

• Under that tree again!

That's a fine point. I'd like anything versus nothing.

Spectro and Tokyo's EP are technological upgrades over the MSEP but both old.

An all new paraded should have modern effects, and modern floats. Electronics evolve quickly.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    I just read through four pages of mostly nonsense. Clearly, this a thread that is drawing in the low IQ folks.

Some of you are fretting over the fact that this vaguely described cast member might get fired. I'm sure the cast member Internet police have already tracked him down and have him locked up in Toontown. Others are arguing the cost and logistics of transporting the parade back. Again, a non-issue for Disney. It's far more costly to produce a new parade than to just transport an old one back and refurbish it. Another said that Al Lutz said it isn't coming back, so that makes it fact. Is Michael Colglazier really Al Lutz in disguise?

However, did it ever occur to any of you that the original poster (BreakYesFixNo) is probably a liar? He probably wasn't even in line for Indiana Jones as he said he was. Furthermore, even if he was I highly doubt that a cast member under the scenario he said approached him to say this. Look at his post count. No credibility.

Lastly, a simple check of the Walt Disney World operating calendar shows that Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled on the calendar through at least July 31, 2013. If the parade were coming back to California this summer, which it isn't, then Disney wouldn't have the performances on the calendar in Florida, which I know can change, but it's not. Furthermore, activity around the DLR for its return would be happening soon like auditions for performers.

Why do you people feed these trolls?

I would welcome its return in the future. Disneyland Resort could use a nighttime parade. It's a missing component in the Entertainment offerings.
    Turn it down a notch man, this is a forum btw, if you think this thread is dumb than dont post on it.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I would love to see the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade return in some form, and I don't think I'm alone.

But what do I know. I am just a technological relic predating 1977, and therefore "older than dirt".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Yo!

Hit the nail on the head right there. Definitely not this year, but 2014/15 is a good bet.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Remember there is nothing on the project list for next summer so its going to have a big chance to have something coming up for 2014 date
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Also FYI MSEP is still schedualed through May 27 because that's as far as they have released on the schedual at WDW.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I would love to see the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade return in some form, and I don't think I'm alone.

But what do I know. I am just a technological relic predating 1977, and therefore "older than dirt".
    You're a human being, and as such, predating 1977 doesn't make you older than dirt.

But parades are not designed nor meant to live for 35 years. The fact that Disney has so successfully played on nostalgia for so long with MSEP is mind-boggling - aren't we supposed to expect the best and brightest and newest from Disney?

In 2013 we should expect more from Disney than a parade that was on its last legs 17 years ago...luckily for us, we're going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    Why do you people feed these trolls?
    Intelligent speculation and theorizing based on confirmed facts is one thing.

Random spoutings of misinformation based on wishful thinking is something else... sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, especially with the anonymity and relative consequence-free environment the Internet has to offer.

As far as MSEP goes... I'd welcome its return.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Well we have the fantasy fair for 2013, nothing for 2014...........

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Can we at least keep the music if it doesn't come back? I don't mind the creative forces behind the latest entertainment music (Soundsational is pretty catchy...lulz) and they didn't really touch Fantasmic! as much as I remember (of course, I saw it when it first debuted so my memory back then sucks...lulz)

Sometimes, somethings are just beyond repair and if this is true for MSEP, so be it...

Of course, if they asked us if we could keep one thing about it, I'd say to keep the music.

• Hooterville, USA

You're a human being, and as such, predating 1977 doesn't make you older than dirt.

But parades are not designed nor meant to live for 35 years. The fact that Disney has so successfully played on nostalgia for so long with MSEP is mind-boggling - aren't we supposed to expect the best and brightest and newest from Disney?

In 2013 we should expect more from Disney than a parade that was on its last legs 17 years ago...luckily for us, we're going to get it.
    The Rose parade and Macy's parade would beg to differ with you.

Not to mention the Hollywood Christmas parade.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    The Rose parade and Macy's parade would beg to differ with you.
    The Rose Parade is literally an entirely different parade every year.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    The Rose Parade is literally an entirely different parade every year.
    Every year, floats with flowers on them with marching bands and horses.

Same announcers too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast