Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• New Mommy

Last minute one-day trip - Feb 2nd, 2013

Hello, again!

My husband and I took a last minute trip to DLR this past weekend so I could make one specific meet-up during the anniversary. We only had one day in the park, Saturday.

We started the morning at DCA since the AP promotion allowed us in one hour before opening. It was great! We had the park to ourselves, including Carsland. Neither of us is really in love with this area of the park (I know, I know), so we took advantage of the lack of crowd to try some rides we hadn't been on before.

First up: Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree!

As you can see, we rather enjoyed it! I would definitely do this one again. Also, since I had seen it mentioned on the boards earlier, I took a couple pictures of the floors. You can tell a difference between the side that has been refurbed versus the side still showing wear and tear:

We stopped and took a picture with Lightening McQueen since there was absolutely no wait:

*Note - I have noticed that the quality of pictures Photopass photographers took during this trip with my camera versus their camera seems vastly different. This kind of bothered me.

Next we went on Luigi's Flying Tires, again this was a walk-up. We got our own tires so we could run into each other:

I don't think I'll bother doing that ride again. I'm glad I did it once, though, so now I know!

Next was one of my favorites - California Screamin'!

Since my husband is not at ALL a coaster type of guy, he was pretty motion sick after we got off. So I decided we should take it easy with a spin on Ariel's ride.

And because I'm such a nerd, I was super excited to get the wait time lanyard thingy... and there was absolutely no wait.

We walked by Grizzly River Rapids and noted the lack of water. I personally love seeing the "backstage" stuff of the parks, my husband thinks it ruins the "magic". So if you're in agreement with my husband, close your eyes for this picture:

Ok, you can open them now! While walking through Buena Vista we stopped for pictures with Mickey and Pluto since there was no one else waiting. We actually interrupted Pluto, as he was searching through the trash for some treats (he must be a lab!)

At this point we were only in the park for about an hour, but my shoes were killing me!! So we stopped by Elias and Co. on our way out of DCA (heading into DLR) and I bought these awesome Mickey shoes!

They're actually made by Crocs, so the sole was very comfy. And yes, that's a Mickey on my thumb. See?

Anyway! After grabbing a breakfast burrito from Tomorrowland Terrace, I took a spin on Star Tours by myself. I just LOVE this ride!! It's a shame my husband can't handle it, as he is just as big a Star Wars fan as I am. I must say, though, that this ride just about reaches my threshold for my motion sickness.

I love that the color of the 3-D glasses showed up! Haha

We rode Finding Nemo since it was a walk-on, and we rarely ride it.

Oh, and yes, he got SO MANY comments on his shirt!! I think every CM we came into contact with had something to say about it! It was a hit!

Loved the decorations in the trees in NOS. Unfortunately the photo doesn't give them justice:

I met Tiana for the first time, and I was especially excited because I think this is the Tiana that fellow Chatter Captain Hook is good friends with! She was adorable, and I love her Bayou accent.

Next up is another one of my favorites, Haunted Mansion. It had been quite a while since we've been able to ride the non-holiday version!

Then we decided to take a spin on the sailing ship Columbia since we'd never been on it (the Mark Twain is docked for refurb).

I was super excited to see the Lilly Belle running. We didn't try to ride it, but since the one time we rode it, it's become special to me! The Columbia, like Luigi's Tires, is one of those things that I'm glad I've done once... but it will probably stay "once".

At this point, we were ready for some lunch. We try to get new foods on every trip, and this time I was SET on trying this mac 'n cheese dog from Coke Refreshment Corner.

I think I will be dreaming about this thing for weeks. It was absolutely DELICIOUS, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who cares nothing about nutritional value and doesn't mind artery clogging foods, such as myself. Ugh. SO good!

After this we went back to the hotel and took a very long nap (we had a long, late drive to get into town the night before!), then headed out to Trader Sam's for the meet-up. On the way there, we passed a wedding and I saw Cinderella's carriage for the first time ever!!!

After oohing and awwing and driving my husband crazy and telling him we're divorcing and getting remarried so I could have that dang carriage, I realized that the horse is missing his head feather!! Blasphemy!

But I still really want it.

Anyway, on to Trader Sam's! We sat at the bar for a few minutes to get our drinks and enjoy the show.

I got my usual, a Piranha Pool

Then went out to seek the group of MiceChatters I made the trip to meet. I have never EVER met people from an internet forum in person, so I had no idea what to expect! I found a very welcoming, wonderful group of people that I look forward to meeting up with again. I just hope next year I'll be able to attend more events! Anyway, I will just post our group photo as I assume anyone who participated in it doesn't mind this:

Thank you to my wonderful husband for taking this picture and pretty much forcing this trip so that I could meet my friends!!

This was a very unique trip for us, being short and full of new experiences. We're lucky enough to have another trip planned in less than 3 weeks, so we skipped a lot of our usual E ticket favorites to try things we never have before. Absolutely no regrets!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Last minute one-day trip - Feb 2nd, 2013

Yay!

You know I forgot to tell your husband his shirt was to funny! Although I can't stand Freddy Krueger as those movies always scared the bejeesus out of me...but it was a great shirt.

And I liked the atmosphere in the Trader Sam's. When Lady and I were in there trying to get our Krackatoa punches it "stormed" about 5 times and when the bartender handed us our drinks he loudly announced that we were getting the Krackatoas' and everybody run for your lives!

It was fantastic to meet you and thanks to you and your husband for taking the time out to drive out to meet us

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks.

• Grim Grinning

I love it! Looks like you had a great time! I may steal the HM picture of the columns if that's ok with you, I really love that picture. That hot dog looked pretty darn tasty too.

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yay!

You know I forgot to tell your husband his shirt was to funny! Although I can't stand Freddy Krueger as those movies always scared the bejeesus out of me...but it was a great shirt.

And I liked the atmosphere in the Trader Sam's. When Lady and I were in there trying to get our Krackatoa punches it "stormed" about 5 times and when the bartender handed us our drinks he loudly announced that we were getting the Krackatoas' and everybody run for your lives!

It was fantastic to meet you and thanks to you and your husband for taking the time out to drive out to meet us
    I'd been to Trader Sam's twice before, and this time was by far the most "active"! They were really putting on a heck of a show in there!

One of the CMs said the same thing about his shirt! She was like, "I'm not really sure that I like it because I hate scary movies, but I'm intrigued..."

And thank you for having us! It was so fun to meet you and the rest of the group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice pictures thanks.
    Thanks, Rex!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I love it! Looks like you had a great time! I may steal the HM picture of the columns if that's ok with you, I really love that picture. That hot dog looked pretty darn tasty too.
    We did have a really fun time. You can totally steal my picture, I'm honored you like it! I tend to take random pictures in the queues, especially in HM, so I love when one turns out all artsy because it's pretty much a fluke lol You need to try that hot dog!

• Disney Obsessed

Fun!! I am jealous! And I know EXACTLY how tired you were! Those late night drives and you get in at 2 or 3am! Ugh.

Many things I wanted to say to your post... SO many in fact... I wrote them down on a sticky note. lol

#1- those mickey shoes! Did you like them? There is the comfy shoe thread and when talking about crocs THOSE are the exact shoes I was thinking about getting for the parks. So did they feel good all day? and is the plastic weird?

#3- I LOVE YOUR NAILS! the ombre AND the mickey! And it's pink! Love it love it love it.

#4- The wedding... and the carriage.... I wanted that thing too but it's so expensive! And I had no idea you could have it at ANY Disney fairy tale wedding.. I thought it was only for the in park weddings. I also want to some day have a disney wedding and have told my husband and my best friends husband that some day we will divorce them and marry each other so we can have our dream wedding without any men to mess up the theme! lol

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    Fun!! I am jealous! And I know EXACTLY how tired you were! Those late night drives and you get in at 2 or 3am! Ugh.

Many things I wanted to say to your post... SO many in fact... I wrote them down on a sticky note. lol

#1- those mickey shoes! Did you like them? There is the comfy shoe thread and when talking about crocs THOSE are the exact shoes I was thinking about getting for the parks. So did they feel good all day? and is the plastic weird?

#3- I LOVE YOUR NAILS! the ombre AND the mickey! And it's pink! Love it love it love it.

#4- The wedding... and the carriage.... I wanted that thing too but it's so expensive! And I had no idea you could have it at ANY Disney fairy tale wedding.. I thought it was only for the in park weddings. I also want to some day have a disney wedding and have told my husband and my best friends husband that some day we will divorce them and marry each other so we can have our dream wedding without any men to mess up the theme! lol
    The fact that you wrote on the sticky note is both hilarious and adorable! And kind of a compliment!

#1- The Mickey shoes were a huge improvement over my Sketchers. For some reason, the balls of my feet were slipping in my Sketchers and I could feel they were going to blister, which is like the worst place to get a blister in my opinion. The Crocs sole was perfectly comfortable. I wore socks with them, so the plastic wasn't weird feeling or anything. My only issue was they rubbed a little on my heel, but no blister thanks to the socks. I also think they'll soften with wear. I also had an issue with my toes rubbing, but I think that may have been caused by my Sketchers? Anyway, overall they're not the most comfortable shoes I've worn to the park - those would be my running shoes (and by running shoes I mean what other people would run in, I'm far too lazy for that nonsense) - but they were so freaking cute that I didn't mind.

#2- WAIT! You skipped #2!!

#3- Thanks!! I have to thank Sara (poisonedapples) for the nails. She sent me links to instructions on the ombre and a link to buy the Mickey decals!!

#4- I didn't even look into a Disney wedding since I figured they would not be in my budget. It was soooo cool to see! My husband thought I was being a total creeper by taking the picture, but it was worth it. We couldn't even see the bride and groom so it's not like we crashed it (though I was tempted!). You and I think very much alike!! Haha

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

KELLY GIRL ....LOVE THIS PICTURE..........
    I ENJOY your Husband........You have a GREAT Guy!.....
    I think You both are very cool couple and I feel very BLESS
    to meet the both of You!

JIM
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• New Mommy

Thank you, Jim!! We are both very grateful to have met you, too!! I'm so glad you made it out to the dinner.

I had no idea they sold a mac and cheese hot dog!! I will be having that when I go next Saturday. Great TR... when my fiancee and I went on the 26th we took the exact same route as you guys taking advantage of the AP get in a hour early. It was amazing to walk right onto RSR for our first ride ever. She did not like Luigis and said if she waited in line for it she would of been furious

• New Mommy

I can't recommend that hot dog enough! Horrible for you, yes, but so dang tasty!

We tried to get on RSR but it was broken down. I definitely agree with your fiance on Luigi's! Haha I'm glad I did it once, though, as with all things there. You don't know until you try! Eventually I'll do everything there. It's really amazing how much there is to do.

•   
    • Elven Queen of Caffeine

Where was I when that pic was taken?!?
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Where was I when that pic was taken?!?
    ACK! You're right! I don't see you?!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Love the Jack as Freddy shirt! That's genius. At WDW, I've gotten several compliments on my Tigger as Doctor Who shirt I wear sometimes.

*Note - I have noticed that the quality of pictures Photopass photographers took during this trip with my camera versus their camera seems vastly different. This kind of bothered me.
    I've noticed this too, but then take into consideration they're using very expensive SLR cameras with speedlite/shoe mount flashes and stuff. You're going to get different results versus using a point & shoot camera.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Now I have to try that mac and cheese dog, it looks delicious. It looks like you guys had a great time. I have to echo previous people - first, the one who liked your HM picture of the columns, it is really fun to see pictures of things that are atypical, and, secondly, I love the nails, do the decals come in other colors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast