Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A replacement attraction in the Captain EO/Starcade area?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    This thread is based on this thread here: More Information of Wreck-It Ralph ride..

I agree that we need to do something with the Captain EO/Starcade area. The trouble is that any new attraction in this area would close off the exit for Space Mountain. There would have to be a exit route for that. So what could we do to put in the EO/Starcade and still have an exit for Space Mountain? I also want it that the replacement in the EO/Starcade area, is something that I would like to add to replace the EO duplicates in Tokyo and Paris as well. Florida's EO will be replaced by a return of Magic Journeys as part of its Imagination overhaul (in my plan anyway).

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
    Make the top deck (over the Captain EO theater) a doubledecker walk through of the millenium falcon- complete with audio animatronics of Luke and Obi Wan teaching him to duel- and the chess scene with C3PO and Chewbacca- at least that would cut down the long and boring wait time to get on Space Mountain-Tomorrowland is desperately in need of yet another make over and, since they've purchased the rights--why not make it Star Wars themed throughout? People mover and Autopia track could be converted into some sort of Star speeder attraction, complete with Jawas, Sand People, Banthas along the way.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

As attractive as a Star Wars overlay sounds, it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland (unless the land was renamed to "Star Wars Land"). I hope it doesn't come to that; we really shouldn't give up on the future. What Tomorrowland needs is a total make-over with a unified theme and attractions for all age groups (viz 1967's Tomorrowland). Currently, there are very few attractions that actually fit the current, established theme. Compounding this problem is the traffic flow issue and a good "weenie" that draws you into the land. As it is now, there is much cognitive dissonance (if you'll excuse the term), and this land, which had been the most exciting one of all, is now bereft of imagination and stale.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Excuse me? I'm confused by what you're saying.

And where did you get that picture?
    I got the orginal picture from Openstreetmap.org, the map program I use and edit the park with.
    I mentioned it in the idea as apart of the term that that website gives when ever you use/reference the map. What I was working on was the idea that it was oringaly about a wreck-it-Ralph attraction. So this how and where I would put it. One of my biggest problems with MickeySmurfette24 orignal idea on the original thread was that reformation of Tomrrowland would cause huge crowd issues. So when I try to disigned my idea I try to keep the current flow traffic that it is now without having to reroute SMt exit path since her plan would had it exit 2nd floor of starcade and the 3 floor flight of stairs would have been to much for most guest. I did not get that her idea was a movie and attraction. This idea I came up with is still realy good, if I do say so myself. I was testing the forum with it istead of messages.
    Name:  OSMTL.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  213.7 KB
    Here is the a screen shot of the map. Than I just used Paint to go in and place my ideas.
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 02-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• film975

It is amazing to see how much space Innoventions takes up in Tomorrowland. That location and the Magic Eye Theater would be great places to put in new attractions. Wreck-it Ralph, Tron, and/or a Marvel attraction would go great in them. Original attractions would be even better. It will be interesting to see if Disney announces anything for Tomorrowland at the next D23 Expo.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

I would be happy with replacement attractions for Innoventions and the Magic Eye theatre. In my opinion, they could also free up some land by converting the Autopia to be a multi-level roadway, perhaps with some indoor show area. The vehicles should be fully electric.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by VintageMouse View Post
    The vehicles should be fully electric.
    I think that is the only point in tomorrowland that everyone agrees with. Autopia vechicles need to be electric. Also everyone agrees that Wreck-it-Ralph does not belong in tomorrowland but I have not heard where it should belong...new idea coming.......

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Diznehound View Post
    Make the top deck (over the Captain EO theater) a doubledecker walk through of the millenium falcon- complete with audio animatronics of Luke and Obi Wan teaching him to duel- and the chess scene with C3PO and Chewbacca- at least that would cut down the long and boring wait time to get on Space Mountain-Tomorrowland is desperately in need of yet another make over and, since they've purchased the rights--why not make it Star Wars themed throughout? People mover and Autopia track could be converted into some sort of Star speeder attraction, complete with Jawas, Sand People, Banthas along the way.
    Please no. I would be fine with a Star Wars land added to Disneyland, but not as a replacement for Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    ...Wreck-it Ralph... ...attraction would go great...
    I really don't know why people keep trying to place this in Tomorrowland. It has nothing to do with that land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

I would love to see something new in Captain Eo's place and the layouts to use the space some of you have posted are great. Not feeling the Wreck-It ride but it's time to put something in there.

Looking at the way the park has been updated in the past I have to guess they're thinking of putting Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in there.

And yes, Autopia should be electric but Chevron might not be too keen on that. Wait, does Chevron still sponsor that attraction?

3D movies in theme parks are probably out unless they are tied to motion simulators. The technology is just too commonplace. Without knowing the physical space requirements I always thought the Magic Eye Theater could be better served with planetarium type seating with a show projected from above. A laser and CGI Tron show from above, we may have something of interest. If not TRON, try Star Wars, maybe have rotating shows like most planetariums.

As for Ralph - not for Tomorrowland. Also, while the movie did make Disney some money from the film, but it wasn't in the typical Pixar stratosphere. Not up to expensive attraction status.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    And yes, Autopia should be electric but Chevron might not be too keen on that. Wait, does Chevron still sponsor that attraction?
    Not anymore. They've replaced the Chevron logo with a checkered flag. Maybe Honda would be keen on the idea of electric.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    As for Ralph - not for Tomorrowland. Also, while the movie did make Disney some money from the film, but it wasn't in the typical Pixar stratosphere. Not up to expensive attraction status.
    "Wreck-It Ralph" was not made by Pixar, it was made by Disney itself.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

"Wreck-It Ralph" was not made by Pixar, it was made by Disney itself.
    Never said Wreck It Ralph was made by Pixar - my point was that Disney/Pixar's Brave and Disney Animations Wreck It Ralph were made on similar budgets (Brave a bit more), world wide box office receipts have Brave making almost $200,000,000 more in total receipts and Brave was one of Pixar's weaker efforts. So the idea of giving Ralph its own attraction in Tomorrowland, or anywhere, could be very much debatable. If Disney wants to continue down the questionable path of turning popular films and characters into attractions, there would be better options waiting in the wings rather than Ralph. Also whether its Pixar or Disney Animation, John Lasseter sits at the top of both of them.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Name:  WreckitDCAidea.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  173.6 KB
    New idea! Make a Silicon Valley land for DCA. And place it in there

• Doombuggy Rider

TOMORROWLAND needs something ... once Captain EO / Honey, I Made The Audience Fall Asleep + Innoventions are g-o-n-e? That's a HUGE amount of space which could fit 2 Dark Rides + 1 Dining Experience (especially if you utilize the space where Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is located) ...

I would <3 something brought back from the past & updated (Mission To Mars, Adventures Through Inner Space, etc) but the closest from Pixar I'd accept would be THE INCREDIBLES ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• -

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Looking at the way the park has been updated in the past I have to guess they're thinking of putting Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in there.
    Please, please, please no. That show is horrible and has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. It's out of place at Disney World and would be out of place here, too.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    TOMORROWLAND needs something ... once Captain EO / Honey, I Made The Audience Fall Asleep + Innoventions are g-o-n-e? That's a HUGE amount of space which could fit 2 Dark Rides + 1 Dining Experience (especially if you utilize the space where Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is located) ...
    I personally like Redd Rocket's.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast