Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Filmmaker

Re: A replacement attraction in the Captain EO/Starcade area?

I've had an idea for a while for a TRON attraction. The way I've imagined it is converting the Magic Eye Theater into a queue/pre-show area for the attraction, with a recreation of Flynn's Arcade (think ElecTRONica, but more detailed). Guests would be able to play games as they wait for the ride, then when it's time for a new group to go in a door opens up behind the TRON arcade cabinet, leading down to Flynn's secret office. From there, it'd be neat to do an effect similar to the transporter at the old Star Trek Experience in Vegas, where guests get digitized and enter the Grid. From there, a Recognizer picks up guests and you begin a Soarin' type ride through the Grid.

You would only really need to use the Magic Eye Theater and the backstage space behind Space Mountain for this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I've had an idea for a while for a TRON attraction. The way I've imagined it is converting the Magic Eye Theater into a queue/pre-show area for the attraction, with a recreation of Flynn's Arcade (think ElecTRONica, but more detailed). Guests would be able to play games as they wait for the ride, then when it's time for a new group to go in a door opens up behind the TRON arcade cabinet, leading down to Flynn's secret office. From there, it'd be neat to do an effect similar to the transporter at the old Star Trek Experience in Vegas, where guests get digitized and enter the Grid. From there, a Recognizer picks up guests and you begin a Soarin' type ride through the Grid.

You would only really need to use the Magic Eye Theater and the backstage space behind Space Mountain for this idea.
    Unfortunately, I think this ride idea would have to cut off the exit route for Space Mountain. And what would be the name of this attraction, just out of curiosity?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think this ride idea would have to cut off the exit route for Space Mountain. And what would be the name of this attraction, just out of curiosity?
    I'm awful with names, to be honest; I don't have any names off the top of my head.

Instead of cutting off the exit, perhaps you could punch a pathway through underneath the Space Mountain Fast Pass Distribution? I'm not sure if that's even feasible, but it's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I'm awful with names, to be honest; I don't have any names off the top of my head.

Instead of cutting off the exit, perhaps you could punch a pathway through underneath the Space Mountain Fast Pass Distribution? I'm not sure if that's even feasible, but it's a thought.
    You're right. I really don't know if it's feasible or not.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

On another forum, I brought up the Tron idea, and they finally decided it should go in the Innoventions area, where it might have more room. For Captain EO, it was suggested that something be done with the movie screen and make it an innovative attraction, something that hasn't happened in a 3D sit-down attraction in quite sometime.

But I can't think of anything innovative. I'm no good at it.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

I think to really utilize space Tomorrowland needs an entire makeover. No more show attractions, 3D/4D, it doesn't matter. It's tough to be a bug, muppet vision, honey i shrunk the audience, and captain EO...I think we can all agree that these types of attractions no longer work. Disney needs to stop thinking "attraction" and start thinking rides. I can honestly see Wreck it Ralph in tomorrowland. The idea of being inside video games and game jumping is a futuristic idea as any. I dont know what type of ride it would be. Possibly a radiator springs racer type. Drive one of the sugar rush race cars, or fly the aircraft. Have it replace Autopia. Innoventions should be gone. Move Astro orbitor to where it used to be. It'll be higher and free up traffic towards the entrance. Traffic flow is terrible in tomorrowland. offcially say nemo is part of fantasyland. They need to knock out the old peoplemover track, or use it. With movies like tron, iron man, wall-e, and lilo and STITCH i don't see why ideas havent been flowing out like running water.

And i get that iron man or other ideas dont seem disney, and thats because they aren't. i didnt like the idea at first either. But neither were indiana jones or star tours and now those rides are apart of the disneyland family just like any others.

• New Member Goes Forth

Wreck it Ralph needs to be in Tomorrowland, with the attraction being themed that the guests have transported into a video game
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Artistic integrity

Nice little conversation and all ....

But when the Starcade, Magic Eye Theater, and other "corners" of that area are addressed for real .... it will also entail the space of Redd Rockets Pizza Port, Innoventions, what's left of the old Skyway station ... in one MASSIVE redo of Tomorrowland.

And realistically .. how can anything go behind Space Mountain? Where do parade floats go? There will always have to be some backstage needs .. and infrastructure in place .... to operate a theme park.

I do wonder what backstage stuff can be relocated ... because Disneyland is so packed to the rafters with people ... Tomorrowland is so packed ... and "costco" sized strollers, and where they are parked ... make things so tight ..... Tomorrowland really needs to be pushed out wherever it can.

I got big hopes for the future.

And call it wishful thinking ... but big hopes that entail new attractions that don't have anything to do with one more cartoon.

Why people think of Tomorrowland as a dumping grounds from the latest cartoons .. just makes me scratch my head.

Nemo, and Buzz should have never been dropped in ... But they are there now ... and that's all I ever want to see.

And as far as a Star Wars land goes ..... as a replacement to one of Disneyland's original 5 themed lands? Absolutely no.

They can bloody do it in DCA, a Third Gate, WDW, TDL, DLP, SDL, HKDL .... But, they need to leave Walt's original 5 lands ALONE!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 04-08-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Attachment 27158
    New idea! Make a Silicon Valley land for DCA. And place it in there
    Nice. If you specify it not as a general Silicon Valley but as the home of Pixar, it ties all the Pixar attractions into somehow being California, makes the whole park make more sense. With a Pixar Studio present, they all fit: TSMM, Monster's, Bug's Land, Carsland, Wilderness Explorer's Trail, and Turtle Talk. Heck, DCA already is Pixarland, might as well tie it together.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^And have an Apple Store

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

I thought of putting a Wall-E dark ride in the Pizza Port/Captain EO space, with the Starcade used as an expanded Space Mountain line.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    ^And have an Apple Store
    Sure why not

$$$$

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123