Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A replacement attraction in the Captain EO/Starcade area?

This thread is based on this thread here: More Information of Wreck-It Ralph ride..

I agree that we need to do something with the Captain EO/Starcade area. The trouble is that any new attraction in this area would close off the exit for Space Mountain. There would have to be a exit route for that. So what could we do to put in the EO/Starcade and still have an exit for Space Mountain? I also want it that the replacement in the EO/Starcade area, is something that I would like to add to replace the EO duplicates in Tokyo and Paris as well. Florida's EO will be replaced by a return of Magic Journeys as part of its Imagination overhaul (in my plan anyway).

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Sharkslayer

Re: A replacement attraction in the Captain EO/Starcade area?

Here's my Plan for the replacement:

Name:  515px-Map.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  55.3 KB

• Under that tree again!

It would be a wierd attraction/theme to put into tomorrowland.

Regardless I would like Capt. EO replaced and the back stage better utilized which this would do. Plus I think it was a good movie with distinc lands that could make for a good attraction.

I rather like the idea of the Starcade remaining and arcade and being the queue area, sort of like Dumbo at WDW. At dumbo you can get a pager, and the kids play while the adults sit and wait, when your pager goes off you get in line for the next boarding. Works with or without FP.

Off Topic. The FP distribution at the top. For the FP+ program a central kiosk location in Tomorroland would work well. Maybe not one for each land, but Tomorrowland is dense with guests and could use one.

I don't want to turn this into a second argument about a new Wreck-It Ralph ride. I thought most of us agreed that it would not really work that well in Tomorrowland. Unfortunately, I really don't have anything to think of, save for maybe a dark ride version of an old Circle-Vision ride, say, like "American Journeys", something like the old If You Had Wings/Dreamflight attraction at WDW:

Like I said, it was the best I could think of on short notice.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Unfortunately, I really don't have anything to think of, save for maybe a dark ride version of an old Circle-Vision ride, say, like "American Journeys", something like the old If You Had Wings/Dreamflight attraction at WDW
    Unfortunately, those don't seem very "Tomorrowland" either. Circlevision worked because it utilized a cutting edge camera and projection system. Those films as a dark ride really wouldn't be very futuristic.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I liked Wreck-It Ralph but I wouldn't put it in Tomorrowland.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Unfortunately, those don't seem very "Tomorrowland" either. Circlevision worked because it utilized a cutting edge camera and projection system. Those films as a dark ride really wouldn't be very futuristic.
    Another alternative I had was another ride in the same vein, but themed to "Magic Carpet 'Round the World", which ran at WDW from 1974 to '75 and then from 1979 to '84. But again, it doesn't seem very futuristic either, and seems too much like It's a Small World besides.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

• Team Hail HYDRA

i love the idea but this is not the right land
    cool layout!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

I really don't have anything to think of to put in there, to be perfectly honest.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

I remember when the layout was completely different and it was a stage show area, where the stage is where the entrance/exit for Space Mountain is now. It would be interesting to see a return to that, and perhaps move what is currently Jedi Training over to this new stage, but reboot with a new show and perhaps add some more entertainment. Then rework what is currently the tomorrowland stage and perhaps reboot that hub area with something that utilizes the TTA track and load area.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerjay View Post
    I remember when the layout was completely different and it was a stage show area, where the stage is where the entrance/exit for Space Mountain is now. It would be interesting to see a return to that, and perhaps move what is currently Jedi Training over to this new stage, but reboot with a new show and perhaps add some more entertainment. Then rework what is currently the tomorrowland stage and perhaps reboot that hub area with something that utilizes the TTA track and load area.
    Unfortunately, I don't think the PeopleMover track is structurally sound anymore. As for the old stage show, I don't think it could ever be brought back.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

What needs to go there ASAP is bulldozers. Gut all of that awkward space including mission to mars, innovations and the skyway terminal. My favorite, the peoplemover, needs the depressing sight of its tracks removed too.

I say turn EO into a more permanent version of Jedi Training academy with more theatrics to begin and end the show with, maybe utilizing the bouncing floor for effect. Turn Starcade into a Jedi/Sith boutique for both genders of children and have it include meet and greets with Darth Vader and Storm troopers, C-3po and R2-D2. Update Pizza Port to make it more futuristic and edgy. Turn Innoventions into 2 storey/2 level difficulty version of Mission Space. Get rid of People mover track, except for the observatron, that can be an updated special effect of sorts. And turn autopia into what rocket rods idealistically should have been. (elimiating the need for drivers entirely since driving is a thing of the past).
    Last edited by ayalexander; 02-06-2013 at 11:54 PM.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Name:  Raphidea.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  249.4 KBI was also working on this idea with MickeySmurfette24 earlier this week. I would add the original esculator back to the main enterance of Space Mountain. Put were the current outdoors portion of EO line would be turned into a FP distribt. I would build a show building where the curent CM Services are and extend the current SM show building to build an Ominimover type ride that would be a dark ride attraction. The two buildings would be connected through underground tunnels. The reason is because the Parades need the area to turn around and it would effect how many parades we could do a day. I know that its not popular to build a dark ride in tomorrowland but if WDI is forced to build it than this is how it should go. I would also require the current alley way behind the SM be pushed out in able to build the loading and unloading zones. For SM I would leave the current Standby ramp for people who would want to exit the line que. Also I would knock out the back wall of the current SM building to build the new one. Also I would requrie to have the ride to exit in the upstairs starcade. Also placing Fix-it Feilx Jr. Game. Also repair the current ramps inside the starcade. I would not do anything to the Magic Eye Theater or People Mover Track because I am hopeful that there will be replacments for both. My main problem with the original post would be crowd flow and exit paths for SM. Because not touching the path for Space and just moving the restrooms and Star Trader to Plaza Port indoor patio. I think that if we are going to get a dark ride, and we aren't, I would have to say putting a new attraction with 3000+ riders an hour to that area would cause some crowd issues. (Also dress the new show building on the side that faces Main Street in decor and a facade that mimics the new side alley so when the parade gate open that huge building would not be such an eye problem. Athough explaining it away for another One More Disney Day...)
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 02-07-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Name:  Raphidea.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  249.4 KBI was also working on this idea with MickeySmurfette24 earlier this week. I would add the original esculator back to the main enterance of Space Mountain. Put were the current outdoors portion of EO line would be turned into a FP distribt. I would build a show building where the curent CM Services are and extend the current SM show building to build an Ominimover type ride that would be a dark ride attraction. The two buildings would be connected through underground tunnels. The reason is because the Parades need the area to turn around and it would effect how many parades we could do a day. I know that its not popular to build a dark ride in tomorrowland but if WDI is forced to build it than this is how it should go. I would also require the current alley way behind the SM be pushed out in able to build the loading and unloading zones. For SM I would leave the current Standby ramp for people who would want to exit the line que. Also I would knock out the back wall of the current SM building to build the new one. Also I would requrie to have the ride to exit in the upstairs starcade. Also placing Fix-it Feilx Jr. Game. Also repair the current ramps inside the starcade. I would not do anything to the Magic Eye Theater or People Mover Track because I am hopeful that there will be replacments for both. My main problem with the original post would be crowd flow and exit paths for SM. Because not touching the path for Space and just moving the restrooms and Star Trader to Plaza Port indoor patio. I think that if we are going to get a dark ride, and we aren't, I would have to say putting a new attraction with 3000+ riders an hour to that area would cause some crowd issues. (Also dress the new show building on the side that faces Main Street in decor and a facade that mimics the new side alley so when the parade gate open that huge building would not be such an eye problem. Athough explaining it away for another One More Disney Day...)
    Excuse me? I'm confused by what you're saying.

And where did you get that picture?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast