Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Al Report: George Leaves, MyMagic+ Updates, WDW's Carsland to be Expanded from DCA's

From Al's update today:

Hello and Goodbye at Disneyland

Like clockwork, every three years Disneyland gets a new Resort president, and the new guy just arrived to take over in Anaheim. In this update we’ll fill you in on a few of the changes that have just happened with plans for Anaheim and Orlando theme parks, why both George Kalogridis and Michael Colglazier will have some stressful times ahead of them in 2013, and specifically what the changing winds mean for Anaheim at least in the short term. Plus a quick thanks at the end to everyone who joined us this past weekend. Still have some of that spicy maple bacon from our breakfast Saturday? Make sure the OJ is fresh squeezed, and let’s get going. As always we are grateful for the photographs from Fishbulb and akfanDisney.
    Follow the link above to see the rest of Al's Update
    Last edited by Trevor; 02-05-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Removed entire copied Al Update.

• Banned User

Re: Al Report: George Leaves, MyMagic+ Updates, WDW's Carsland to be Expanded from DC

For me, the lead story was the DLR's only unique area, CarsLand, will now be available at WDW, and absolutely nothing of any significance taking place at the DLR for a very long time.

• -

Re: Al Report: George Leaves, MyMagic+ Updates, WDW's Carsland to be Expanded from DC

As with anything on the internet, I'll believe it when I hear something official.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Obsessed

I just hope MyMagic+ crashes and burns and doesnt make its way over here.... ever.

For me, the most concerning is the people who complain about the "raciness" of the can-can dancers but don't complain about the same thing for the princesses.

• Rock Star Minion

Nice window!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    For me, the most concerning is the people who complain about the "raciness" of the can-can dancers but don't complain about the same thing for the princesses.
    I think there's a big difference between the two. I can see where these people are coming from in taking offense, and I guess that's just a sign of the times. My boyfriend thought the show was a bit racy for Disney, but he understood that it's a tribute to an older show. Apparently not everyone knows that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    For me, the lead story was the DLR's only unique area, CarsLand, will now be available at WDW, and absolutely nothing of any significance taking place at the DLR for a very long time.
    We JUST got Cars Land. Did you see the part where Al talked about our 60th anniversary, as well as a Tomorrowland refurb and other lands? I'm not saying I'm completely believing Al, but chill, we practically just got a whole new park.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

And universal Orlando built possibly the best theme park land vin the world with potter, are already adding Transformers and simultaneously adding a whole new land expansion with a new potter land in The Studios park.
    Universal hollywood is already beginning pre-work on a massive expansion with adding new hotels, attractions and harry potter land and an expansion of universal city, after just completing a massive e-ticket type attraction and already working on the despicable me attraction.
    WDW has built a MASSIVE new budget hotel resort, added DVC's and completed a huge expansion of Fantasyland, not to mention a complete redo of Test Trac. Is WDW taking a breath? NO!!!
    Is Universal taking a breather to enjoy the massive success they have achieved with Potter, an even bigger success than Carsland was? No!!
    WDW is about to begin Carsland and Universal is already adding another Potter expansion AND building a huge Transformers attraction at the same time.

If Disney doesnt think that the Universal expansion and addition of Harry potter land will have an impact on the Southern California theme park landscape, they are kidding themselves.
    I thought Iger understood this from comments he has made about not responding to potter and admitting it has had an effect on the theme park business in orlando. but, they dont seem to be in the mood to counter Potter with ANYTHING but show tweaks and parades.
    BIG MISTAKE!!

I didn't catch the Revue until just yesterday, but Miss Lilly gave a big speech at the beginning about it being a tribute to Walt's favorite show, where Walt used to sit, longest running stage show, Guiness book of world records, etc. Did they add that after the bad reviews came in? Or was it always there and people simply didn't pay attention?

• 5 Star

I understand that replication is the name of the game for Disney theme parks, but in the case of Cars Land, the plan to replicate it at WDW makes absolutely no sense to me after the billion dollars the company just pumped into DCA. Why take the wind out of your recently successful park's sails so soon?

I think, besides the massive Japanese population, the reason Tokyo Disney Sea is regarded as one of the best and most successful theme parks around is because it has high quality and is almost entirely unique in what it offers. The same situation applies here. Cars land is highly detailed and unique from the rest of the other parks. You replicate that even in the slightest and the desirability to visit one or the other is reduced.

What exactly does Radiator Springs have to do with a Hollywood/movie studio themed park? (I think that's what the theme is, hard to tell anymore really)

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

What I realy want to see is DCA needs a new parade. I really want to see MyMagic+ (or just add - ) crash and burn. There is no need for a long term FP system at Disneyland. It takes all the fun out of visting the parks. I think it will ruin Gunball if everyone just gets fastpasses than why run to every ride if you can just swipe your wrist. Its time for us to do what Universal does build 3 new attraction every season.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    I understand that replication is the name of the game for Disney theme parks, but in the case of Cars Land, the plan to replicate it at WDW makes absolutely no sense to me after the billion dollars the company just pumped into DCA. Why take the wind out of your recently successful park's sails so soon?

I think, besides the massive Japanese population, the reason Tokyo Disney Sea is regarded as one of the best and most successful theme parks around is because it has high quality and is almost entirely unique in what it offers. The same situation applies here. Cars land is highly detailed and unique from the rest of the other parks. You replicate that even in the slightest and the desirability to visit one or the other is reduced.
    Completely agree. Whatever they add to WDW has to be unique, or else they'd only be competing with Disneyland. And Avatar isn't the answer either...

• HYDRA

im sad that innoventios isnt closing soon
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast