Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    I guess because Lucas arts HQ is in California
    And you said it your self Hollywood blockbuster DCA has Hollywood land

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Won't believe it until I see it.

What does Star Wars have to do with California anyway, besides the fact that it's a Hollywood blockbuster film? Where would it even go?
    And you said It your self Hollywood blockbuster DCA has Hollywood land!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I love Ralph!

Anyway, you have to take it with a grain of salt. I've heard things before on the Showbiz Beat on Kevin and Bean that have been declared rumors or not true after Ralph's said them and later fact checked them or been corrected by someone. Regardless, still interesting nonetheless.

Do you listen to Hollywood babble-on?

This could be cool if true. I think that this could be another big draw for DCA, one that will compete with HP land at universal.

• Banned User

Al Lutz had his update that talks about the Tomorrowland makeover. The best case we get a new Tomorrowland with some new Star Wars rides with some meet and greets. Certainly, they can add Marvel attractions too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

My biggest backing that this rumor is fake is the fact that logically they should then move Star Tours out of Tomorrowland and relocate it to this new land. That would now devoid the already skimpy offerings of Tomorrowland making it even more in need of refurbishment.

Now if they announced that Tomorrowland was going to be getting a XXX amount of money refurb and DCA will be adding a new Star Wars land then it makes more sense. Except with the cost of Carsland I can't see them doing a Star Wars land for much less and then to dump probably the same amount into Tomorrowland all in the same fiscal year, um I don't think it is going to happen.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• -

I guess the star wars land does fit DCA because Lucas Arts HQ is in California
    I guess because Lucas arts HQ is in California
    I don't see this making Star Wars fit into CA. It would be like saying that we could build a fully immersive Mars environment in CA Adventure just because the Curiosity rover is connected to the JPL.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    My biggest backing that this rumor is fake is the fact that logically they should then move Star Tours out of Tomorrowland and relocate it to this new land. That would now devoid the already skimpy offerings of Tomorrowland making it even more in need of refurbishment.
    It would be way too expensive to move the ride. My guess is that Star Tours would still run independent of the new land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland History Lover

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into this.

However, if it went somewhere other than DCA...

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post

Now if they announced that Tomorrowland was going to be getting a XXX amount of money refurb and DCA will be adding a new Star Wars land then it makes more sense. Except with the cost of Carsland I can't see them doing a Star Wars land for much less and then to dump probably the same amount into Tomorrowland all in the same fiscal year, um I don't think it is going to happen.
    Maybe Disney could add a new destination to Star Tours where you end up in whatever galaxy Star Wars land takes place?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Do you listen to Hollywood babble-on?

This could be cool if true. I think that this could be another big draw for DCA, one that will compete with HP land at universal.
    I don't, but only because I really don't like Kevin Smith. I am a huge Adam Carolla fan though, and listen to his podcast(s) daily. I wish he would get Ralph on there, but judging by all the Smith/Carolla drama I don't see it happening. Ralph is Kevin & Bean's saving grace - that show (and terrestrial radio in general) blows.

• Not on the Jedi Council

If BVS/CarsLand hadn't succeeded so well, sure... but as it stands, I would think Tomorrrowland being rebranded to Coruscant would be a much more logical thing to do.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Maybe Disney could add a new destination to Star Tours where you end up in whatever galaxy Star Wars land takes place?
    Knowing Disney, the new destination would be filled with either princesses or Jack Sparrow.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    If BVS/CarsLand hadn't succeeded so well, sure... but as it stands, I would think Tomorrrowland being rebranded to Coruscant would be a much more logical thing to do.
    Please no. This would be as bad as saying that Mos Eisley is in California. If they want to expand Disneyland with a Star Wars land, great. If they want to make it a third park or part of a third park, that's fine, too. However please don't put in CA Adventure where it obviously doesn't fit and please don't make it the theme of a land that is supposed to be about ways to have a better and brighter tomorrow for mankind.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Tomorrowland worked in Walt's time because what tomorrow would bring was an interest of Walt's. Where are the futurists of today? Right now all I hear is gloom and doom, global warming this, overpopulation that, the fall of America and the rise of China, etc.

I would like to see us dream of a happier future, but that's not the corporate culture at Disney. It's more about branding, so IMO a Star Wars land is more likely.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I don't, but only because I really don't like Kevin Smith. I am a huge Adam Carolla fan though, and listen to his podcast(s) daily. I wish he would get Ralph on there, but judging by all the Smith/Carolla drama I don't see it happening. Ralph is Kevin & Bean's saving grace - that show (and terrestrial radio in general) blows.

Yeah, I get that. I'm a big fan of Kev Smith, but I understand that he is not everyones cup a tea.

I like Carolla too. Him and Dr Drew have a new decent podcast that I have been enjoing. I never heard love-line but this is like it's second coming without the radio drama.

• Just this guy......

I agree with everyone else that there is just not enough room for Star Wars in the DCA beyond a simple area to promote any movie that might be coming up in a few years.

The only two areas that have enough space would be the Sub area in Disneyland or go with the 3rd park in the Toys Story parking area.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast