Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81
  1. #46

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,451

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    I think they both fit DHS since that park's theme has basically become "Movies! And Stuff!" It's not a studio at all anymore, so movie attractions is all it has going for it.
    The park is about the entertainment and movie making business. Things like Lights, Motors, Action!, Indy Stunt Show, the studio tour, and retrospectives like The Great Movie Ride fit the theme perfectly. Sticking something into the park simply because it was once shown in a movie theater is not enough to fit the theme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Wars/Pixar land at DCA.
    What would those rides have to do with CA?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  2. #47

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Sticking something into the park simply because it was once shown in a movie theater is not enough to fit the theme.
    Exactly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  3. #48

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,512

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    The Simba parking lot can be attached to DCA for expansion, on the Southwestern end of Paradise Pier.
    I don't think that it would be practical to expand over the street into Simba. Besides they really need that space for another hotel and a new parking structure.

  4. #49

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,451

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I don't think that it would be practical to expand over the street into Simba. Besides they really need that space for another hotel and a new parking structure.
    I agree. Especially since such an expansion would be for a property that has nothing to do with CA.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  5. #50

    • No Disassemble!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    791

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    What does Star Wars have to do with California anyway, besides the fact that it's a Hollywood blockbuster film? Where would it even go?
    I believe California is a planet somewhere in the Corellian system. It's main export is Slusho!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

  6. #51

    • Zephyr Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    580

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I don't think that it would be practical to expand over the street into Simba. Besides they really need that space for another hotel and a new parking structure.
    From what I've heard, since that street is actually owned by Disney, they can do whatever they want with it. So if Disney wanted to, they can build under it, over it, or just get rid of it. I don't think Star Wars would be right for it, but maybe an appropriate expansion in the distant future.

  7. #52

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I agree. Especially since such an expansion would be for a property that has nothing to do with CA.
    Star Wars has nothing to do with California?! That's sheer thematic balderdash!

    LucasFilm is located in: California
    George Lucas was born in: California
    George Lucas attended film school in: California
    George Lucas' hit film American Graffiti takes place in: California
    George's dog Indiana, the inspiration for Chewbacca and the namesake of Indiana Jones, was purchased in: California
    Mark Hammill lives in: California
    Harrison Ford lives in: California
    Carrie Fisher lives in: California
    Alec Guinness lives in: England

    Okay, 8 out of 9 ain't bad, and besides, the British guy's dead.

    Star Wars -- as California as Arnold Schwarzenegger!




    May the Farce be with you.









    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  8. #53

    • You're late for TEAAA!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Swan Station (a.k.a. The Hatch)
    Posts
    1,670

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    I think it's quite clear as to where it'll go, actually... Hollywoodland.
    Ofcourse, Hollywoodland will still exist, but it'll be majorly downsized.
    The left corner of the land is in major need of attendance, hence all the dance parties.
    Muppetvision is barely in commission anymore. The Millionaire building is empty. Monsters Inc barely ever has a line. The stage area no longer has a show and will no longer be used once Fantasy Faire opens in March. And that building with the arcade games that used to be a restaurant, well... it's only open for the dance parties.
    So demo the entire left side/corner of Hollywoodland. Keep the buildings leading to the Hyperion and ofcourse Tower of Terror. That'll now be the small slither of Hollywoodland left and really, it serves its purpose. It's now basically a shoot off street from BVS anyway.
    Keep the Hollywood theme alive though and turn the Star Wars land into a more behind the scenes experience. That stage could now be used for Jedi Academy and maybe a more action oriented show in the evenings. And honestly, you could conjoin Muppets, Millionaire, Monsters Inc and the arcade building for 1 or 2 E-Tickets if you wanted. Also, Mos Eisley cantina. Can't go wrong with that.
    With that corner of DCA in need of new life and in serious slippage without a permanent answer, this its best bet.

  9. #54

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,377

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    I am still willing to bet it will be the next nighttime party in Hollywodland. They will have the cantina for special drinks etc.

  10. #55

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I am still willing to bet it will be the next nighttime party in Hollywodland. They will have the cantina for special drinks etc.
    If I were on the board I'd be pitching that. Complete with cast members walking about dressed as Stormtroopers and cantina aliens.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    429

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Take it for what it's worth but Ralph Garmin, who does the entertainment news on the Kevin and Bean show on KROQ just said
    that Disney is going to make a Star Wars land in DCA. Start the discussion!
    Ralph Garmin at KROQ isn't exactly a qualified source. Just sayin...

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  12. #57

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    To me, it makes more sense to build a Star Wars land at DHS than DCA. I like that idea better than putting a smaller version of Cars Land there.
    Ralph probably misunderstood a rumor about a DHS land and reported it as DCA.

    Unless Disney is still thinking that DHS and DCA are basically two versions of the same theme park, like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. Unless they are trying to fit Star Wars into both parks like Midway Mania. But I doubt it, there isn't enough room in California, unless they find it in Disneyland's Tomorrowland / Backstage or they build the third park.

    I like the idea of expanding DCA behind Paradise Pier Hotel, but only if it makes thematic sense, not for Star Wars.

  13. #58

    • Monorail Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Concord, Ca
    Posts
    275

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I think it's quite clear as to where it'll go, actually... Hollywoodland.
    Ofcourse, Hollywoodland will still exist, but it'll be majorly downsized.
    The left corner of the land is in major need of attendance, hence all the dance parties.
    Muppetvision is barely in commission anymore. The Millionaire building is empty. Monsters Inc barely ever has a line. The stage area no longer has a show and will no longer be used once Fantasy Faire opens in March. And that building with the arcade games that used to be a restaurant, well... it's only open for the dance parties.
    So demo the entire left side/corner of Hollywoodland. Keep the buildings leading to the Hyperion and ofcourse Tower of Terror. That'll now be the small slither of Hollywoodland left and really, it serves its purpose. It's now basically a shoot off street from BVS anyway.
    Keep the Hollywood theme alive though and turn the Star Wars land into a more behind the scenes experience. That stage could now be used for Jedi Academy and maybe a more action oriented show in the evenings. And honestly, you could conjoin Muppets, Millionaire, Monsters Inc and the arcade building for 1 or 2 E-Tickets if you wanted. Also, Mos Eisley cantina. Can't go wrong with that.
    With that corner of DCA in need of new life and in serious slippage without a permanent answer, this its best bet.
    I agree with this spot. There is tons of room that is a complete waste. I like Monsters Inc but I would not be sad to see it go if they moved in StarWars.

  14. #59

    • film975
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    I'm all for a Star Wars themed party to take over Mad T Party after that is done! I think that's a great idea.

  15. #60

    • Element of Laughter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    208

    Re: KROQ says Star Wars land in DCA

    I personally like the idea of a Star Wars themed third gate. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios
    By Prometheus in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM
  2. [Idea] Star wars land (hong kong disneyland)
    By Mickey Mouse rocks in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
  3. [Idea] How About a Star Wars Land In DL?
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
  4. Star Wars 'Land' in MGM?
    By KISSman in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •