Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Why are we infatuated with expanding disneyland every year?

It's all I hear every time from guests every single time they go to the park, is it because the admission price goes up every year or what?! I think the DL Resort is great and please no more expansions do You Agree please share your comments !

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Why are we infatuated with expanding disneyland every year?

No. Though it maybe all at one time the reason of expantions is one the Walt quote "Disneyland will never be complete" but it is also to keep drawing crowds in the compition of the other theme parks here in Socal. Also they want to make lots of money
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    I think the DL Resort is great and please no more expansions...
    Music to Disney's ears. If they could keep raising prices without investing a dime in expansions, you can bet they would.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Music to Disney's ears. If they could keep raising prices without investing a dime in expansions, you can bet they would.
    EXACTLY. No more new offerings, but we'll definitely jack up the prices.

The Disneyland Resort should continue to change and plus for the time it's here. Why wouldn't one want new things?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    It's all I hear every time from guests every single time they go to the park,
    It's a very dynamic place with nearly continuous construction. It's normal to think something will be added next time you visit. The same phenomenon occures in Las Vegas.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think it is because people do find the experience lacking in some regards and hope expansion will fill these voids. Same reason I think people so often want a fifth park at Walt Disney World.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    They can keep raising prices, but attendance to Disneyland has went down because DCA is now successful with Carsland. To bring balance to the theme parks, Disneyland has to expand with new attractions. At minimum, the old and tired attractions can be retired and new attractions added. This is especially true in the botched Tomorrowland makeover in 1998. In the future, the park can definitely expand like the constantly talked about Frontierland expansion at the Big Thunder Ranch location. Of course, they can also expand Toontown further and add attractions in the former Motor Boat Cruise area in front of the Matterhorn.

• -

Who wants a stale park? There is always room for improvement especially if Disney wants to stay competitive in today's market.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If the rides got some cool new effects every few years....I'm sure we'd not care too much about new rides...but since mainly when a ride like Indy is redone there's new paint but nothing truly special added so we want new rides, attraction, shows and lands to fill the gap

We just need a third park, the resort is sooo busy I see no reason not to *** a water park....third and even fourth gate in the future

• Banned User

Well, it looks like the topic creator is going to get his wish. According to Als update today, we arent going to see ANYTHING at the DLR for a VERY long time, except for some cosmetic upgrades. I feared this was going to be the case. the demolition and new attraction planned for Innoventions has been put on the back burner and DL will see nothing, save maybe a new firewarks show or possibly a parade for its 60th.
    I have to admit how jealous I am of the constant development and construction that takes place at WDW. A huge expansion is wrapping up at Fantasyland is wrapping up and a full fledged version of CarsLand for Hollywood Studios is about to get underway. Not to mention a massive new resort hotel, DVCs and a complete redo of Test Trac.
    Not to mention that a 3rd park doesnt seem to be in the works anytime in the foreseeable future and doesnt seem to be in the 10 year plan for the resort.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I think it is because people do find the experience lacking in some regards and hope expansion will fill these voids. Same reason I think people so often want a fifth park at Walt Disney World.

I agree. I think since many people feel that there was more quality in the past, they're looking for that one magical expansion that will bring back all of the old feelings they've had back then.

For the record, there's a difference between "plussing and refining" and "expansion," and I think OP is only asking about the latter.

I'd like Disneyland to address some of their infrastructure before they think about expansion. Guest parking, for instance. Cast member parking, for another (i think it is absurd they have to shuttle into the park). Or finally get TDA down to a sensible number (there's no way they need to fill a building of that size). Reorganize the backstage to make it easier on cast, administration, maintenance. This will free up expansion room for later.

You can't just go wildly throwing things around like they have in the past. At some point, the choice must be made to clean up the dead or awkward areas, which will help with the overall sustainable expansion of the resort.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Well, it looks like the topic creator is going to get his wish. According to Als update today, we arent going to see ANYTHING at the DLR for a VERY long time, except for some cosmetic upgrades. I feared this was going to be the case. the demolition and new attraction planned for Innoventions has been put on the back burner and DL will see nothing, save maybe a new firewarks show or possibly a parade for its 60th.
    I have to admit how jealous I am of the constant development and construction that takes place at WDW. A huge expansion is wrapping up at Fantasyland is wrapping up and a full fledged version of CarsLand for Hollywood Studios is about to get underway. Not to mention a massive new resort hotel, DVCs and a complete redo of Test Trac.
    Not to mention that a 3rd park doesnt seem to be in the works anytime in the foreseeable future and doesnt seem to be in the 10 year plan for the resort.
    I wouldn't say that. DLR has had way more updates and offerings than WDW in the past decade, almost. Their parade and firework show hasn't changed in years, not to mention them taking out Toontown and Snow White for a meet and greet. We've plussed some of our attractions, we just got Cars Land, DCA 2.0, Soundsational in 2011, a summer firework show, a better princess meet and greet... I think we're ahead in the plussings and offerings department.

Oh, and IMO, our Fantasyland is still better.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I agree. I think since many people feel that there was more quality in the past, they're looking for that one magical expansion that will bring back all of the old feelings they've had back then.
    I am not even talking so much about comparisons to the past. Just look at the cost of admission. An expansion would add more for relatively the same price. It makes the parks a better value.

• Down Pluto!

I'd rather they spend the effort to fix/refurb/update what already exists than keep expanding - once the current infrastructure is all good, then expand.

What they are doing now is reminiscent of Urban Sprawl - expand outward with the new and let the core languish.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast