Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mmmm...

Socal Pass Question

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before; I couldn't find anything up-to-date by searching.

My mom, sister and I would like to purchase SoCal annual passes. My sister and mom live in the correct zip code; I do not. Since we'd always go together, I don't want to have to pay for the more pricey plans with days I wouldn't need. We only want to go on not-so-busy weekdays during the off season.

I see that annual passes can be gifted; can they buy a pass for me as long as they can prove residency? Or will I be required to demonstrate my own residency at the time of purchase?

Thank you for your help.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Socal Pass Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    I see that annual passes can be gifted; can they buy a pass for me as long as they can prove residency? Or will I be required to demonstrate my own residency at the time of purchase?
    When you go to get your pass, they will ask for proof you are a resident.

Anyone can purchase a pass for a gift. However, the actual passholder/user will have to be the one to activate it on their first visit and present their ID as residency proof. So, you will have to pay the higher price since the SoCal one is meant for those that live in the designated zip codes. (Beware, I was just scolded for a similar question for trying to "beat the system"). How dare any of us try to save money.

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by adoree View Post
    Beware, I was just scolded for a similar question for trying to "beat the system"
    Thanks for the info. I didn't want to break the rules, I just didn't know how many people in a family needed to demonstrate residency. I guess since I grew up in SoCal my whole life and my family still lives there, I thought I could still benefit from their residency. I'll plan on buying the more expensive one then!
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar

• Sock Puppet

if the pass is gifted to you by a person that lives in the zipcode that is alright because they are gifting it to you, it's a gift from them to you(unless this has changed). they will take your photo for the pass, along with tickets they take your photo now because they are cracking down on "ticket renting" which means someone buying a ticket.. then another person using the half used ticket with the remaining days. that is against disneyland policy as they are non transferable. And because of ticket renting they are (well last i heard) taking photos at the gate of each and every ticket holder, therefore when the ticket is scanned if the photo doesn't match the person holding the ticket they will probably not get let in. We do not condone ticket renting activities here on Micechat.

when u purchase a pass they take your photo, its in their system and it will show up when they scan the pass. if the person presenting the pass doesn't match the photo for the pass no entry will be allowed...just fyi.,..

if the op is unsure about the Pass gifiting, you can always call disneyland yourself!
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 02-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.

• Sock Puppet

So, you will have to pay the higher price since the SoCal one is meant for those that live in the designated zip codes.
    there is no money saved, i paid the $649 just like any one person from Arizona or Wyoming would have to pay for a premium.. there is no discount on annual passes.same goes for the socal annual pass..

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    if the op is unsure about the Pass gifiting, you can always call disneyland yourself!
    I think I'll go ahead and call later today, but it sounds like each individual needs to prove their own residency. I just remember as a teenager, there was a special SoCal ticket (not annual pass) that residents could buy. My mom would show her ID, and could buy as many as she needed. She would buy my out-of-town family members tickets this way so we all enjoyed the park for the same price. For purchasing a current annual pass, I thought that if we were all buying them together, that perhaps only one residency would be necessary, but that doesn't sound like it is the case.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar

• Mmmm...

there is no money saved, i paid the $649 just like any one person from Arizona or Wyoming would have to pay for a premium.. there is no discount on annual passes.same goes for the socal annual pass..
    I wanted the SoCal annual pass for $279 since I won't be going any days that the rest of my resident family would be going. With the other passes, I'm just buying more than I actually need. We just wanted to have the most basic package so we could do a handful of days with my young daughter.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar

I would say paying $329 (for SoCal) vs $649 is saving money. That's what I meant by higher price. The OP wants the limited pass, but will have to purchase the Deluxe.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

. I just remember as a teenager, there was a special SoCal ticket (not annual pass) that residents could buy. My mom would show her ID, and could buy as many as she needed. She would buy my out-of-town family members tickets this way so we all enjoyed the park for the same price. For purchasing a current annual pass, I thought that if we were all buying them together, that perhaps only one residency would be necessary, but that doesn't sound like it is the case.
    I don't know how long it has been since you were a teenager but Disney ticketing policies, procedures, etc...have undergone HUGE changes in the past few years and maybe even more so in the past few months.

I think I'll go ahead and call later today, but it sounds like each individual needs to prove their own residency. I just remember as a teenager, there was a special SoCal ticket (not annual pass) that residents could buy. My mom would show her ID, and could buy as many as she needed. She would buy my out-of-town family members tickets this way so we all enjoyed the park for the same price. For purchasing a current annual pass, I thought that if we were all buying them together, that perhaps only one residency would be necessary, but that doesn't sound like it is the case.
    I remember doing that too. Of course it was for single day tickets though. That would be great if you are able to for an annual pass though because it was gifted. I just don't think it works that way. Unless they check ID just for the purpose of issuing you the pass and don't pay attention to the zip. Good thoughts going your way!

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I don't know how long it has been since you were a teenager but Disney ticketing policies, procedures, etc...have undergone HUGE changes in the past few years and maybe even more so in the past few months.
    That's what it sounds like. I also imagine that buying a one-day ticket is treated differently than an annual pass. For example, I think there are still single/multiple day deals that are available to just SoCal residents, but I imagine that a resident could probably purchase that for a non-resident without much checking (or maybe I'm wrong? Maybe they are checking zip codes at the gate?)

I just have to re-budget and plan differently knowing what the policies are now. Thank you everyone for the clarification.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar

• Sock Puppet

they only do the special socal resident ticket at certain times of the year....well last time i bought a ticket it was like that. i been a AP holder for 3 years so i don't really buy tickets anymore LOL

I would say paying $329 (for SoCal) vs $649 is saving money. That's what I meant by higher price. The OP wants the limited pass, but will have to purchase the Deluxe.
    $329 is the southern california --its just the name of the pass.. then one below it is the socal select..

really not saving money on these in my opinion, because if you are there for 4 days, that's $15 each day to park . whereas with a premium at $649 has free parking already included...it actually equals almost as much to the premium pass to add on the free parking to a deluxe pass( as example)..yep i know insane.... ..

with parking the southern california pass that is $329 becomes $458 (that's if u add the parking)

soocal select is $269 with parking added it becomes $398

Deluxe pass is $469 with parking added it's $598

but that is just for passess... again i think the OP wanted the so-cal resident zip code ticket special...
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 02-06-2013 at 10:58 AM.

• Sock Puppet

That's what it sounds like. I also imagine that buying a one-day ticket is treated differently than an annual pass. For example, I think there are still single/multiple day deals that are available to just SoCal residents, but I imagine that a resident could probably purchase that for a non-resident without much checking (or maybe I'm wrong? Maybe they are checking zip codes at the gate?)

I just have to re-budget and plan differently knowing what the policies are now. Thank you everyone for the clarification.

unfortunatly.. now if a resident purchase said tickets above they have their photo taken) .. so u'd have to match the photo... and they will check because they have issues with ticket renters.b

• Sock Puppet

I remember doing that too. Of course it was for single day tickets though. That would be great if you are able to for an annual pass though because it was gifted. I just don't think it works that way. Unless they check ID just for the purpose of issuing you the pass and don't pay attention to the zip. Good thoughts going your way!
    everyone that wants a pass gets their photo taken.the photo goes into the system. there is no way around that. they do check zip. if it's gifted i think its another story..

again i'd just call disneyland and ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast