Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Can DLR support the MyMagic+ system?

Anaheim is watching carefully what happen in WDW with the new systems. Disneyland will import only what it will work.

I'm not sure Disneyland will change everything, because they didn't in the past (i.e Keys to the World card).

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Why not just have reservations made the day of only from smart phones or kiosks? Or at least a the day before. It will put APs, Hotel guests,offsite guests, and day ticket guests on equal footing. I feel bad for one day visitors...I have the feeling they are going to get really screwed the most out of all this.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

I say throw this irrelevant system in the trash where it belongs. I hate this system their thinking about so much its ridiculous and takes out all the fun in vacationing and relaxing. sorry this system makes me so mad cause its so awful in my eyes and not fun.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Why not just have reservations made the day of only from smart phones or kiosks? Or at least a the day before. It will put APs, Hotel guests,offsite guests, and day ticket guests on equal footing. I feel bad for one day visitors...I have the feeling they are going to get really screwed the most out of all this.

In WDW the resort guests are a huge force, and take up most of the restaurant reservations.

In DLR there will be plenty left for the reular ticketed guests to enjoy. Currently APHs and resort guests don't take all the FPs or reservations for anything else up.

I was at WDW last week and one problem we encountered with the new system is that the Mickey turnstiles don't recognize annual passes. The machines at Epcot and DHS that suck in your card and spit it back out were fine, but the ones with the colored Mickey ring we always had to get a manager to swipe our Annual Pass. That's something they'll have to work out before it comes here.
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! DL Paris March 2002 WDW Dec. 2007 & Jan. 2013 Tokyo DL & Sea April 2009
    To Do: DCL Alaska 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland, you're next; Shanghai Disney, see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• Team Hail HYDRA

they will need to upgrade a lot of fiber optic cables
    at lest we should get free wifi

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Admittedly it might be a losing effort but I would try to avoid any Disney initiatives in personal data mining, monitoring my personal movements around attractions, restaurants, retail purchases, etc within their resort confines. Sometimes I get the feeling we are all just a short time away from being participants in a real-time Google Earth and someone from Disney is sitting at computer monitor watching my every step.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Logistically? Yes, I'm sure they can. I'm hoping they don't.

I also suspect that only a portion of the ride capacity/restaurant capacity will be available to pre-book. The day guests must still have access to everything, though they will have to wait behind the pre-booked people.

Either way, it's not a system I see myself using much. I don't like to plan much ahead of time. And I don't like having to keep track of what time it is, and what's scheduled next.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think we are just going to have to see. Disneyland has a very different crowd than WDW and what TDA will use will be very different than what TDO.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    I say throw this irrelevant system in the trash where it belongs.
    How is this irrelevant? I would think that if someone was planning a vacation, or even just wanted to go for the day that this system would be very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    I hate this system their thinking about so much its ridiculous and takes out all the fun in vacationing and relaxing. sorry this system makes me so mad cause its so awful in my eyes and not fun.
    I also don’t see how this takes all the fun out of vacationing. It is reserving a time to ride one or two rides a day. It isn’t forcining anyone to have their entire day structured. As far as restaurant reservations, there are not that many sit down places in Disneyland. The few that are there are usually booked up from phone reservations anyways. I just don’t see this affecting things that much.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Chief Troublemaker

I can see both + and - to this. As a guest with a multi-day stay, I can see myself utilizing it to maybe 'book' a ride or two a day for a particular time just because I like riding it then, like RSR at night or Splash at midday on a hot summer day, or to guarantee a ride on a new attraction. But I cannot see myself booking every minute of my day out so that I have a hard & fast schedule or have to waste time re-booking multiple things when the inevitable glitch happens in my day. And I think that's how the majority of people will be using the system.

But, I don't really know enough about the way WDW works it's system (or how the system IS working) to decide if it would or wouldn't work at DLR. I'm sure there's something there to be sure that the system is basically fair (not necessarily completely equal, just basically fair), like a limit on per day or per stay ride reservations, monitoring magic+ reservations vs 'regular' fastpasses available. I can't believe that TPTB would completely 'screw' one type of guest to the benefit of another type of guest.

IDK, maybe my screen name should be 'Pollyanna'?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I see it working well. I think it's fair that people coming from out of town to be able to get a first crack at some of the top run rides for booking a hotel.

What I find unfair is Disney will not give APers any breaks in price for now being put to the back of the line. Nor will Disney open up additional days to already well blocked out passes. Sounds like Disney is going to make out either way.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Admittedly it might be a losing effort but I would try to avoid any Disney initiatives in personal data mining, monitoring my personal movements around attractions, restaurants, retail purchases, etc within their resort confines. Sometimes I get the feeling we are all just a short time away from being participants in a real-time Google Earth and someone from Disney is sitting at computer monitor watching my every step.
    Do you have an AP? Customer loyalty card? Library card? Bank account? Credit Card?................

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm sure there's something there to be sure that the system is basically fair (not necessarily completely equal, just basically fair), like a limit on per day or per stay ride reservations, monitoring magic+ reservations vs 'regular' fastpasses available. I can't believe that TPTB would completely 'screw' one type of guest to the benefit of another type of guest.
    According to Disney. The number of reserved FPs per guest will depend on how busy it is, less on busy days, more on uncrowded days. In the trials guests got 3 FPs per day. All resort guests get the Magic Bands wether they use it or not, and don't need to use it as ticket media. APH's can get a band to use, or not. RFID will make it's way into all ticket media, for guests not using the bands. There is no tiering of how much you can do with the Magic Bands based on what resort level you stay in.

With the way they plan to limit the FPs, I know in my case this would leave many extra FPs available. Also if you don't use your FP or change the FP reservation to a new time or attraction, you loose it. That will inveriably happen and leave many FPs unused as a result. Another factor is you only get FPs with the Magic Bands in one park per day, so hopping would not be advantageous for FP collecting.

A big advantage at DLR is you can arrive late in the day, and have FPs reserved for time you can still use. Unlike today where you had to arrive in the morning to get a RSR FP to use tonight.

• Sock Puppet

I honestly don't think that MyMagic+ has a place in Disneyland. We have over a million annual passholders, and I can garuntee you, hardly any of them will plan out their next visit to the resort a month in advance...
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 02-06-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typos

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    I honestly don't think that MyMagic+ has a place in Disneyland. We have over a million annual passholders, and I can garuntee you, hardly any of them will plan out their next visit to the resort a month in advance...
    I would.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast