Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• 5 Star

Re: Can DLR support the MyMagic+ system?

I think it would solve a lot of issues if there were a set number of fast passes and food reservations available to magic+ customers. The day guest would still be able to experience what they want and the magic+ guests can feel exclusive and cool. I doubt this would happen though since it would diminish the quality of the system they're spending so much on.

I think DLR has a decent amount to make the system at least possible, but I don't imagine it being successful. California is a vastly different place than Florida.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    I honestly don't think that MyMagic+ has a place in Disneyland. We have over a million annual passholders, and I can garuntee you, hardly any of them will plan out their next visit to the resort a month in advance...
    Do you not know Disney fans? APs for sure will use this system...and that's what scares me is a million people taking tickets and many times not even showing up to the parks

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Do you not know Disney fans? APs for sure will use this system...and that's what scares me is a million people taking tickets and many times not even showing up to the parks
    There could be a penalty for no shows like they do with the Disney World dining reservations.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• 5 Star

Do APs really want to give Disney more money for the program on top of the exorbitant price of the pass as it is?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Do you have an AP? Customer loyalty card? Library card? Bank account? Credit Card?................

According to Disney. The number of reserved FPs per guest will depend on how busy it is, less on busy days, more on uncrowded days. In the trials guests got 3 FPs per day. All resort guests get the Magic Bands wether they use it or not, and don't need to use it as ticket media. APH's can get a band to use, or not. RFID will make it's way into all ticket media, for guests not using the bands. There is no tiering of how much you can do with the Magic Bands based on what resort level you stay in.

With the way they plan to limit the FPs, I know in my case this would leave many extra FPs available. Also if you don't use your FP or change the FP reservation to a new time or attraction, you loose it. That will inveriably happen and leave many FPs unused as a result. Another factor is you only get FPs with the Magic Bands in one park per day, so hopping would not be advantageous for FP collecting.

A big advantage at DLR is you can arrive late in the day, and have FPs reserved for time you can still use. Unlike today where you had to arrive in the morning to get a RSR FP to use tonight.

Thanks for the explanation, Swampy. If I read this correctly, if we have fastpass + reservations, they would all have to be in either DL or DCA for any given day. We've never been hop the parks fastpass gatherers anyway so that won't really change things for me.

Do you know if you can you get 'regular' fastpasses if you are utilizing FP+ and can you get those in either park? Let's say we have 'reservations' in the AM at DCA for 3 rides. Can I get regular FP for other rides at DCA during that time? And then can we hop to DL and use the FP machines there in the 'regular' way the rest of the day? I've never been to WDW but I understand that park hopping there is quite different because of the distances between the parks & I've heard there is less park hopping there and more people tend to do WDW 'park by park'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

As long as there are always (a million) people willing to pay to get into the park, Disney can, will and should charge the amount it can get. Especially when it takes that investment and gives us things like RSR and all of the major rehabs we have seen since the 50th anniversary.

As for the logistics, the only concern I have is that too many FP/magic+ tickets will be given out creating impossible standby conditions for anyone. I also am sort of concerned that the quaint nature of Disneyland will have trouble housing the necessary equipment.

As for tracking and all of that, as long as they provide an opt out, that is fine by me.

I'm not renewing my pass (expires in just a couple of days) for a while. Disney's priced me out. I'll probably buy a day ticket here and there, we'll see how much I miss Disney. Oh, need to send an email to the company letting them know why I'm not renewing.

I would definitely be for opting out of the magic band system. Then again, with my penchant for stopping in odd places to take pictures, I might confuse their system. Which would be fine with me.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    As for the logistics, the only concern I have is that too many FP/magic+ tickets will be given out creating impossible standby conditions for anyone.
    It's sounding like that won't happen. Iger said the number of FP+ distributed per person will be adjustable based on demand. For example 20,000 guests in the park, each get 5 FPs+, 50,000 guests each guests gets 2 FPs+, either way 100,000 FPs total. Just like today the # of FPs is set, as desired by Disney.

The FP+ aren't whatever the guest wants. It's a reservation system. If you want RSR at 4pm, there may be a FP+ available or you have to pick another time when they are available. When all the times are taken they are out.

Now the FPs are limited by the numbers of hours an attraction is open. The FPs are distributed based on the demand at the distribution kiosks. If they go fast they run out sooner, if they go slow they don't all get distributed.

In either case the FPs may not get used. The attraction capacity is the same, and the same number of guests will get to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Do you know if you can you get 'regular' fastpasses if you are utilizing FP+ and can you get those in either park?
    You only get one or the other, FP or FP+. It's possible(pure speculation) that if you don't use plus, they may limit your number of FPs since you ticket will be tracked when you get FPs from kiosks.

Let's say we have 'reservations' in the AM at DCA for 3 rides. Can I get regular FP for other rides at DCA during that time?
    You would be stuck with only those 3 DCA FPs.

And then can we hop to DL and use the FP machines there in the 'regular' way the rest of the day?
    If using FP+ then, no, you only get the FP+ FPs you reserved and can't get anymore. If you don't use FP+ maybe, but I'm not sure. In WDW hopping is just not anywhere close to as common as DLR. Using regular FPs you could pick them up in both parks, but that may end(haven't heard).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I would definitely be for opting out of the magic band system. Then again, with my penchant for stopping in odd places to take pictures, I might confuse their system. Which would be fine with me.
    The system can only track you when you make payments, enter a park, or tap it at one of the glowing entry points. Stopping into shops and walking around the park to take pictures isn't something that Disney will be able to track.

• Blew By You

You just kind of know that what a failure this could be, except for the folks who are gonna do just about everything possible to make it work, except admit to its possible failure.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    Do APs really want to give Disney more money for the program on top of the exorbitant price of the pass as it is?
    I must have missed the part where they said that there is an upcharge for this service.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There could be a penalty for no shows like they do with the Disney World dining reservations.
    I'd like that a lot, would help keep the numbers much lower

• Seasick

There seems to be a lot of speculation (there will be an surcharge, passholders won't have access, etc.) when we know very little of what MyMagic+ might look like at the DLR.

I will say over the last five days visiting the parks I used all of one Fastpass and had no trouble getting onto every attraction I wanted to. This will be less possible in the busy season, but I don't see access to MyMagic+ (or a lack of access) destroying the DL experience.

I suspect all ticket holders will have varying degrees of access, I cannot see anyone being totally excluded. It's also likely same day Fastpasses will still be available. Planning a visit a month in advance might be possible, but probably not completely necessary.

Disney has spent a fortune developing this program, and I have no doubt it's coming whether people want it or not.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'd like that a lot, would help keep the numbers much lower
    AP holders can get the MagicBands for free. If they don't want them new APs will have an RFID chip in them to use. There will be special MagicBands produced that can be bought, just special designs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    There seems to be a lot of speculation (there will be an surcharge, passholders won't have access, etc.) when we know very little of what MyMagic+ might look like at the DLR.
    You are welcome to read my posts above that are based on Disney statements.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's sounding like that won't happen. Iger said the number of FP+ distributed per person will be adjustable based on demand. For example 20,000 guests in the park, each get 5 FPs+, 50,000 guests each guests gets 2 FPs+, either way 100,000 FPs total. Just like today the # of FPs is set, as desired by Disney.

The FP+ aren't whatever the guest wants. It's a reservation system. If you want RSR at 4pm, there may be a FP+ available or you have to pick another time when they are available. When all the times are taken they are out.

Now the FPs are limited by the numbers of hours an attraction is open. The FPs are distributed based on the demand at the distribution kiosks. If they go fast they run out sooner, if they go slow they don't all get distributed.

In either case the FPs may not get used. The attraction capacity is the same, and the same number of guests will get to ride.

You only get one or the other, FP or FP+. It's possible(pure speculation) that if you don't use plus, they may limit your number of FPs since you ticket will be tracked when you get FPs from kiosks.

You would be stuck with only those 3 DCA FPs.

If using FP+ then, no, you only get the FP+ FPs you reserved and can't get anymore. If you don't use FP+ maybe, but I'm not sure. In WDW hopping is just not anywhere close to as common as DLR. Using regular FPs you could pick them up in both parks, but that may end(haven't heard).

Hmmm, maybe not so good then. It would be tough to be limited to only the FP+ you're allotted (of course, that would depend on the number). Under the current system, I can have as many as I can manage to get, and I can get a FP for repeat rides (subject of course to FP rules). I can certainly see that FP+ could actually reduce the number of people in the FP line at a given time and/or reduce the number of people hopping. I think it will be a real negative if you can't use FP if you have FP+. Hopefully they will take into consideration the visitor patterns in DLR vs WDW. Even if they restrict getting FP when you have FP+ to the same rules they have now. Meaning no FP within a 2 hour window of FP+, either way. As in, if I have a FP+ reservation at 10, I can't pull a FP 2 hours before or after and no having FP when you have a FP+ for the same ride. As it stands, it appears that I may be paying 'extra' for less overall FPs in exchange for fewer, but guaranteed, FP+s.

Oh well, what will be, will be. It would be nice to think that TPTB will take into consideration the differences in visitor patterns between DLR & WDW. After all, what works in a 'big city' (WDW with its spread out multiple parks) doesn't necessarily work well in a 'small town' (DLR with its two parks close together).
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast