Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Can Michael Colglazier help Club 33 recover from two years of poor TDA mangement?

I really don't have much opinion on Club 33. This is probably going to sound like jealousy, but I've always thought the club as the most non-Disney thing in the park. It feels like a place that only the "well off" can experience. I think the original concept of the club, to entertain sponsors, etc is a good idea. I would like to have the experience to visit one day.
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Can Michael Colglazier help Club 33 recover from two years of poor TDA mangement?

Don't fool yourself. The Club has always been a profit center or it would not have made it through the Eisner/Wells years. It was rampant abuse of comp tickets and evolving market place that really drove these changes. If TDA really didn't care about the members they would have forced everyone to either upgrade to the new levels or leave the Club. They didn't and are working around the best they can as this is a big ship and it takes a while to get it to move in the right direction quickly.

David A, what is an "old Gold"? Is it a distinction Disney placed on members after so many years of membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
    If TDA really didn't care about the members they would have forced everyone to either upgrade to the new levels or leave the Club. They didn't and are working around the best they can as this is a big ship and it takes a while to get it to move in the right direction quickly.
    Sadly, TDA is currently on damage control as the decisions to remove benefits and then isolate Gold and Silver Members has caused a very large amount of dissatisfaction amongst the Club 33 member constituency. Yes, it was good that all Gold's and Silver's were not forced to go Platinum but Disney knew that if that had been implemented, a very large quantity would have quit, not for financial reasons, but more on principle and common sense.
    I truly hope that new TDA management can assist in restoring the gloss to the club and end this member separatism and dysfunction.
    Red5, we all hope you are correct and TDA will re-direct the Death Star away from Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by MPK000 View Post
    David A, what is an "old Gold"? Is it a distinction Disney placed on members after so many years of membership?
    It's a term of endearment for all members prior to 2012 when the club changed for the worse and all of these issues began.
    Prior to the change in 2012, the club was beautifully organized and members were simply overjoyed to be a part of the establishment.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MPK000 View Post
    Old Gold is someone who joined prior to 2012. They were a "Gold Member", there are some Silvers left, and there had been Bronze members in the past. Their membership dues are about $3600 a year. Their membership fee increased 5% this year. There are also Corp members, with associate members. The members joining in 2012, joined with dues of $10,000, are listed as Platinum members or Executive members (Exec have affiliates.) Their dues went up 10% this year.

Prior to the change, Gold members had entry into the park 365 days a year, they had a plus 1 when they came, they could invite as many people to the Club as they wished (some were inviting as many as 300 a month), and every person going to the club got a free ticket to the park, in exchange for the meal. They have valet parking at the Grand Californian. And they had special events such as Candlelight, and meet and greets with Imagineers or Window Openings.

After the change, Golds can enter the park every day, with their plus one, or their plus one can come on their own. They can valet at the GCH. They can still invite as many people as they wish to dine at the club, however they no longer get free entry to the park. Golds are given 50 passes a year to use as they choose. The person using one of the 50 does not have to dine at the club. They also can arrange discounted tickets for their guests. They can also arrange for their guests to dine at the club as a Dine Only pass, without having to pay for admittance into the park. There are still special events which all members can enjoy, including Gold. There is a very limited event, only 15 members will be invited, and because of this, they limited the lottery to Platinum and Exec members. There are approx 450 Gold members and 275 platinum and exec members.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

In an attempt to bring several threads together which have very similar and overlapping content, this thread is closed.

We ask that you move further discussion on this topic over to this thread:

Club 33 Membership Changes, Part 2

Thanks for your understanding and your follow through in not creating additional similar threads.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12