Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Re: Barbaraann's Anniversary Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Is that a good thing?

All I know is I love Mickey's puppy. He is way cool, and sometimes the placement of Pluto in the Hub makes it difficult to get a picture. Any picture. I remember taking this picture when lots of people were milling around.
    It's a great thing! I think that picture has a lot of life. Pluto looks so happy.

I know he jumped into the shot. He's a ham.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The last batch of shots are from the land of Tomorrow. Tomorrowland is in need of some love, I agree, however, I did have fun there, especially when I ran into a pair of storm troopers.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I left the park early that day. I guess almost a week of days at Disneyland/DCA was finally too much for this old body. The next day, I would be changing hotels. My roommate would be picking me up and we would be checking into the Quality Inn together. Join me tomorrow, as the 7th day's worth of pictures are presented.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

NO ONE is gonna mess with BarbaraAnn with THOSE bodyguards!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This is the thread that just keep on giving! Such fun to check in each day and see what new adventures Barbara has posted!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Before I go ahead with my 7th day, let me just say that I wish that I had taken more photos of the 2 hotels that I stayed with on this trip. I started my vacation at Dolphin's Cove, which is located on Orangewood, just off of Harbor Blvd. That is a timeshare hotel, and I had a one bedroom unit. Very nice. Nice, and comfy. It's nice having timeshare points in Wyndham, when I can use them for a Disney Vacation.

On the Thursday of my trip, Jody picked me up from Dolphin's Cove around 10 a.m., and she drove us to The Quality Inn, which is located, on Manchester, near the Howard Johnson. I wish that I had thought to take more pictures during my 4 day stay there. I guess we had other things on our mind. Like the Anniversary activities, and the parks.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I use my camera to document my trip. However the last four days, I didn't do such a great job in that department. Hanging out with friends, and the way I like to talk, means my camera stayed in the camera way too much, and picture opportunities were missed.

Jody and I did get this great picture in Carthay Circle due to the placement of the Photopass photographer.

The next pictures on my memory card for that day are of the cars racing in the Cars Land ride, Radiator Spring Racers. It is a fun pastime of park guests to try and get this shot.

Mater came by while we were taking those pictures. He's definitely a fan favorite, both in the movie, and in the park.

I never tired of getting this shot, or seeing this cool scene.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We made our way to the Zephyr. One of my favorite rides in DCA. I can't remember whether we rode the ride, and then saw "The Green Army Men", or the other way around. All I know is that I loved the ride, and the show, which stopped right in front of the Zephyr. That seems to be a favorite place for shows to stop.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I think it was as we were getting off the Zephyr that the Green Army Men showed up. Good timing on their part!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Looks like you had a couple of great rooms- I have very little experience with hotels in the area so it's nice to tuck those bits of info away for future use, when I may need a room.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A nice place to take a break is on a bench behind the Ferris Wheel. I still want to call it the Sun Wheel. I have taken a lot of pictures of that wheel. Pictures back as far as 2005, when there was a sun on the wheel. The Mickey face is only on one side. I am scratching my head, trying to remember, if the sun was on both sides.

I love palm trees, and the ones behind the wheel are beautiful. I'm from the Midwest, and we don't have any palm trees, so when I first saw the California ones back in 2005, I immediately fell in love with them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember that we rode Toy Story Mania together, and Jody beat me pretty good. I never do well on that ride, but it is always a whole lot of fun.

When a body get's old, and you can't climb upon a carousel animal anymore, it's nice having a friend along, who will sit on the bench with you and take your picture.

Jody also took these other pictures of me as we visited the characters, and enjoyed the Pier.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-13-2013 at 01:07 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We decided that we wanted to catch the next Aladdin Show, and the fastest way over there, was through Bugs Land. We passed by the creatures that live there, as well as the beautiful flowers. I absolutely love daisies of every size and color. Bugs, on the other hand creep me out. You won't catch me too close to the real thing.

This was my 2nd time seeing the Aladdin show this trip, and Jody's first. We sat up pretty high, and I didn't even try and take any pictures. The show was very enjoyable. Whoever writes the Genie's material is really a clever individual.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I can remember at least one player you beat at Toy Story Mania. Soundly.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I can remember at least one player you beat at Toy Story Mania. Soundly.
    I do remember that, and the wait was 40+ minutes back then. Now the wait on that ride has been cut in half thanks to Cars Land.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast