Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Anniversary Tale

I made my way back to Fantasyland, so I could take the trail back to the Big Thunder Ranch Area. I love the atmosphere back there, and the entertainment was first rate. I saw Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, as well as another group that featured both Mickey and Minnie. It was a fun early afternoon.

I don't remember ever seeing the Critter Country sign. It's very cute.

Barbaraann Dumbo is my favorite ride in Fantasyland too. It makes me feel like a kid again I laugh and giggle everytime I ride it. My favorite Dumbo sports perriwinkle. I am really enjoying your post. I love the night pictures of Carsland they are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have high hopes of someday meeting up with the Mice Chatters one Sunday. I am always in the park on Sunday when I visit but with the grandkids have never been able to make it. Next time.

I live by the creed life is short, I don't care how much it costs to go to My Happy Place. I go and go. Dusty is lucky as well as all the others than can go anytime they please living there in So. CA. Montana takes some planning.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I walked out of the Big Thunder Ranch and about 1/2 way down the road, I decided on another burger at Hungry Bear. Yes, I know that I could have eaten the BBQ at the Ranch, but it was a burger that I wanted, and sweet potato fries. It was also certain that I should feed myself before the reception at the Anabella. These pictures will kind of tell the story of what I did before I left the park for my night with the MiceChat folk.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As you can see by the time, I should be leaving the park. The Anabella Reception would start at 6 p.m. I needed to return to my hotel, and rest up a bit before Jody and I head out. We were going to take the bus over there, although later on Jody did decide to drive her car. At this point in time, I didn't know that though, so I was headed for my bus to the Quality Inn.

My day had come full circle, because guess who I saw in Town Square, before I exited the park? Yup. The same rare couple that were there that morning. This time, I did get my photo with the White Rabbit, and the Queen of Hearts.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The only picture that I took that night was of the banner that announced the location of the area where the event was to take place. Sorry about that folks.

I saw the Fly Girls on my last visit and really enjoyed the songs and the Girls. I will make a point to watch it again on my next visit.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Next up is Day 9 of my trip, which was DCA Day. Lots of fun. Lots of MiceChatters, and a bit of unexpected trouble for me......

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Love your TR's Barb!!
    I love doing them, when I get great comments from my MiceChat friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    It appears that the theming of CarsLand is amazing. I get a kick out of the old Burma Shave style signs.
    I'll have to google that reference.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I am really enjoying your trip report Barbaraann!
    Thanks, and it was great seeing you during my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Did you see the fairies' wings sparkle?
    I admit to not noticing that, but I did notice their sparkling personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    I love your TR and your photos...especially Main Street...one of my favorite spots in the park!
    Walking down Main Street is one of my favorite things to do in the park, especially with the camera in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaskitten View Post
    Barbaraann Dumbo is my favorite ride in Fantasyland too. It makes me feel like a kid again I laugh and giggle everytime I ride it. My favorite Dumbo sports perriwinkle. I am really enjoying your post. I love the night pictures of Carsland they are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I think I have met a person just like me, and thanks for your great replies. They make trip reports worthwhile.

I have high hopes of someday meeting up with the Mice Chatters one Sunday. I am always in the park on Sunday when I visit but with the grandkids have never been able to make it. Next time.
    I live by the creed life is short, I don't care how much it costs to go to My Happy Place. I go and go. Dusty is lucky as well as all the others than can go anytime they please living there in So. CA. Montana takes some planning.
    I saw the Fly Girls on my last visit and really enjoyed the songs and the Girls. I will make a point to watch it again on my next visit.
    The MiceChat Meets are a whole lot fun. I have been to some big ones, and some small ones as well.

The Fly Girls sure are talented, and I hope that you get to see them perform in the near future.

Barbaraann, I do understand you're not taking pictures of the meet on Friday night...who wants to focus on photos when you're having a good time with Micechat friends!

But do you know if there are any pictures of the meet on this forum? I looked for some, but I think I am looking in the wrong place.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Personally, I haven't seen too many photos from the Anniversary events. Not sure if there was any on Facebook, since I don't use that site.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

In the 1950's, a shaving lotion called Burma-Shave became famous for advertising using poetry on a series of small roadside signs like these. Just one example:

On curves ahead
    Remember, sonny
    That rabbit's foot
    Didn't save
    The bunny
    Burma-Shave

That's what those signs in the pictures pay homage to...the product being "Rusteze" instead.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    In the 1950's, a shaving lotion called Burma-Shave became famous for advertising using poetry on a series of small roadside signs like these. Just one example:

On curves ahead
    Remember, sonny
    That rabbit's foot
    Didn't save
    The bunny
    Burma-Shave

That's what those signs in the pictures pay homage to...the product being "Rusteze" instead.
    Thanks for the explanation Barry. I loved those signs the minute I saw them. They are popular. In fact the entire area is very popular with everyone trying to take their own photos. It is an amazing land, and attraction.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast