Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Anniversary Tale

Day Nine.

Follow me now, through my photographs, as I leave my hotel, and walk to the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. Jody and I decided we needed the exercise, rather than waiting for our bus.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Opps... getting behind here...

You were busy taking picture of the signs and storefronts, and I was taking pictures of the window displays! I kept looking up and I saw you... then I stepped down a "side street" to put the polarizing lens on my camera and.... lost you!

And I never made it back to the Big Thunder Ranch area or Toon Town! Totally forgot about Big Thunder Ranch area! Darn it all!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are many things that I didn't do on this vacation. As I post this trip report I keep thinking of those things. It's like Walt Disney saying that Disneyland will never be finished. My vacations are never quite finished, or perfect, because there's always something that draws me back. Something I need to go back and see, or do, or ride, or eat, or......

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There were a lot of people at the ESPN breakfast. I got my plate of food, and sat at a table near the front, and actually pretty close to the kitchen I believe. That would prove to be a mistake. Actually being in the room at all that morning would prove to, not have been a good idea.

Now I am in no way talking about the meal, or the program, or the people in attendance. I enjoyed watching all the great pictures that were displayed on the monitors in the room. I enjoyed it as Dusty introduced the new President of the Resort. I tried to pay attention as to people's names, and titles, but all morning, since I entered the place, I was fighting a headache. It was distracting me from the business at hand.

Finally, I took a deep breath, and it dawned on me that I smelled garlic. Lots of garlic. It wasn't in the food that I ate, but they were obviously cooking with it in the kitchen that I was sitting right next to. Just a few feet away, in fact. If I had eaten any garlic, that might have caused me a worse reaction. I was in the beginning stages of a really bad migraine. I needed to get out of there, because the odor was causing the headache. I have the same reaction to eucalyptus.

I made my way to the back of the breakfast area, and found the nearest restroom. Luckily I had some ibuprofen with me, and so I took that. I stood in back long enough to see the presentation to Al Lutz. Nothing more, after that, and then I was out of there. I needed fresh air. I needed to get rid of that headache, before it did me in good.

The following are some of the few pictures I took while I was there, and before I made my exit, to deal with a really bad headache. A throbbing, nasty one.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-14-2013 at 09:28 PM.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Barbaraann, I do understand you're not taking pictures of the meet on Friday night...who wants to focus on photos when you're having a good time with Micechat friends!

But do you know if there are any pictures of the meet on this forum? I looked for some, but I think I am looking in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Personally, I haven't seen too many photos from the Anniversary events. Not sure if there was any on Facebook, since I don't use that site.
    Well, I actually have some photos from the Saturday breakfast. If Barbaraann doesn't mind, I'd be happy to post them here to fill any gaps from the breakfast! BTW, what do people use as photo sharing sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    There were a lot of people at the ESPN breakfast. I got my plate of food, and sat at a table near the front, and actually pretty close to the kitchen I believe. That would prove to be a mistake. Actually being in the room at all that morning would prove to, not have been a good idea.

Now I am in no way talking about the meal, or the program, or the people in attendance. I enjoyed watching all the great pictures that were displayed on the monitors in the room. I enjoyed it as Dusty introduced the new President of the Resort. I tried to pay attention as to people's names, and titles, but all morning, since I entered the place, I was fighting a headache. It was distracting me from the business at hand.

Finally, I took a deep breath, and it dawned on me that I smelled garlic. Lots of garlic. It wasn't in the food that I ate, but they were obviously cooking with it in the kitchen that I was sitting right next to. Just a few feet away, in fact. If I had eaten any garlic, that might have caused me a worse reaction. I was in the beginning stages of a really bad migraine. I needed to get out of there, because the odor was causing the headache. I have the same reaction to eucalyptus.

I made my way to the back of the breakfast area, and found the nearest restroom. Luckily I had some ibuprofen with me, and so I took that. I stood in back long enough to see the presentation to Al Lutz. Nothing more, after that, and then I was out of there. I needed fresh air. I needed to get rid of that headache, before it did me in good.

The following are some of the few pictures I took while I was there, and before I made my exit, to deal with a really bad headache. A throbbing, nasty one.
    Oh no! That really sucks I hope you ended up being okay and it's not some sort of serious allergic reaction or something.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Well, I actually have some photos from the Saturday breakfast. If Barbaraann doesn't mind, I'd be happy to post them here to fill any gaps from the breakfast! BTW, what do people use as photo sharing sites?

Oh no! That really sucks I hope you ended up being okay and it's not some sort of serious allergic reaction or something.
    By all means post your pictures. I use Photobucket. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet when we were in the same place at the same time. The big meets are great, but they have a drawback as well. Not a chance to spend too much quality time with enough people. With all the activity opportunities slip through the cracks.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-15-2013 at 06:04 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have an allergy to garlic, and so I know not to eat it. If I happen to, I can usually tell right away, because I will get very nauseous and the head will start to throb. Migraine variety headache, which normally won't go away unless I hide in a dark room somewhere for hours.

I never had that reaction to the just the smell of garlic. However, I was just feet away from the kitchen in the ESPN Zone where they were cooking with it. I was concentrating on what was going on at the time, and so it didn't dawn on me at first why my head suddenly started to hurt, and got increasingly worse.

After leaving the ESPN Zone, I headed for DCA. There I sat on a bench, and waited for the ibuprofen to kick in. I was enjoying the fresh air, and just enjoyed the people passing by. I saw Molly on her bicycle, two times at least, so I snapped a few pics.

The pain was not as bad, but I decided to get indoors at the nearest eatery. Don't remember which one I chose actually. I ordered a hot tea, and sat for quite some time. By now I was feeling a bit better, and decided to make my way slowly to the site of the next MiceChat event, which was lunch.

Thank you for taking the time to do such a wonderful trip report!!It makes my morning more magical to see some great Disney scenery before work! Looks like your trip was wonderful!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was starting to feel better, but not quite there, as I started walking conterclockwise around the pier. Here are the things that I photographed as I passed by.

There is usually a water fountain near the restrooms, so I swallowed one more ibuprofen for the headache. I then headed to the area where the MiceChatters were gathering for lunch.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-15-2013 at 10:45 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The MiceChat group was starting to gather near the Goofy Sky School and the restaurants back there. The Pizza Place for one.

I have lots of pictures of MiceChatters. Some of which I know, and others, I just recognize their faces from past events.

From left to right Mickey Maxx (Lu), Myself - Barbaraann, and Rixter (Rick).

Me, and the man of the hour Al Lutz.

The man in yellow facing the camera is Monorail Man.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

From left to right, Al Lutz, Pratt (Lisa). and Purple Dove (Margo).

That would be Trekkie Dad, and myself.

Seated is penguinsoda (Jody), and Lu and Rick in the background standing up.

I met Jason just recently, and it was good to see him again at the lunch.

That's Rixter, and Juliemouse waving in this picture.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This first picture is of Dustysage.

Monsters Go Boo, (Danielle).

I call her Lady N.

Jody, Myself, and Margo
    penguinsoda, Barbaraann, and PurpleDove.

Mamabot (Michelle).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here are the rest of the MiceChatter pictures that I took that day. Sorry, folks, no more labels, and by the way,

No More headache.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Once the official MiceChat Lunch was over, I stayed behind, and rested with a nice cold drink of sweet ice tea. The rest were off to play the Eye Spy Game in Cars Land. I knew it was in Cars Land, because I ran into some of the MiceChatters playing the game. That was after, and during the time period that I took, and or had these photos taken.

• LOL

Thank you so much for sharing your trip.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast