Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Anniversary Tale

Once the noon picture was taken, it was time for Lunch, and then the Yesterland Tour. I gave up my spot to another MiceChatter, and I walked away to spend some quiet time by myself.

I love the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough in the cast.e I edited these with the HDR feature on my Picassa program. Much better results than I can get on my own.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2013 at 10:56 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I traveled back over to DCA in what I figured would be my last time through their turnstiles. I wanted to eat at Flo's Cafe and try one of their great dinners. I had the BBQ pork, and it was indeed delicious, as MiceChatters had reported it would be. After my lunch/early dinner, I walked around just soaking up the new and wonderful atmosphere that is now at that park. I look forward to my next return there in October.

The last event of the day was to begin at the Tiki Room, and I was watching my time, because I did not want to miss that. I arrived just in time, as other MiceChatters began showing up.

I took a few photos inside the attraction.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2013 at 01:08 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We come to the "goodbye" moment of the weekend. The MiceAge/MiceChat event is over, and folks linger a bit to say goodbye, hug, and reminisce a bit.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I had some more hours to enjoy Disneyland, and I did just that, after picking up my photopass CD from the photopass shop.

I was planning on watching the Soundsational Parade from Town Square, and while waiting, I took a few photos inside City Hall.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There were many moments during my vacation where I wish that I had had the camera out. All the good food that I had tried. The juicy burgers at The Hungry Bear, and Tangaroa Terrace. The beignets in New Orleans Square. The BBQ Pork dinner at Flo's Cafe. The Pot Roast dinner at Plaza Inn. The Matterhorn Macaroon at The Jolly Holiday Bakery. Even the popcorn that I ate during the last parade I watched during my vacation. Definitely while I shared the Red Velvet Cake on the last night of my trip.

I won't take pictures of Construction Walls, but the camera could have been out more as I just wandered the parks many times during my vacation. Things that I saw that come to my mind, that I wish were on the memory cards of my camera. My son tells me to put away the camera, and just enjoy yourself, mom. Instead, I like to be sparked by the memories that I can see now, that I experienced during my visit. I guess it's all about balance. I had a wonderful vacation.

It finished up with one more night of fireworks. One more visit to Fantasyland. One more place that I visited that I definitely didn't think I would spend the last hours of my vacation. Come back in a while and discover that location.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Fireworks. One of the most wonderful things in the parks. I was able to see the Remember Fireworks more than once during my most recent trip. I was able to get pretty close to the castle as well. I wasn't always able to have an un obstructed view. Sometimes a head got in the way, or a child on top of someone's shoulders. I'll live with that. I'll go in saying that this one time, I'll leave the camera off. However, since I am always trying to get a shot of Tinker Bell flying, I somehow always find myself taking some pictures, during the course of the show. These are some of those that I took on the last night of my trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Did I mention that I met my friend Patrick at Town Square and we watched the Parade together? From there we went to Plaza Inn, where I had some nice hot tea, and shared a slice of Red Velvet Cake with him. The fireworks were next, and we watched those together. Next up was Fantasyland. I always love to spend my last night there. Patrick was kind enough to ride Dumbo with me, and he took my picture as I rode the ride. Let me tell you, he took some awesome shots. We then rode Casey Jr. I must say that I love riding these Fantasyland rides at night.

When we left Casey Jr. Find out where we ended up the night.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Patrick asked me if I got a chance to check out The Mad Tea Party during my vacation. I replied, that I hadn't. He thought we had time to get over to DCA before they closed, so we headed that way. It was a mad dash out of Disneyland, across the Esplanade, and through DCA. Patrick's friend was with us, and he knew a shortcut.

So, I spent the last 1/2 hour in DCA taking pictures of THE Mad Tea Party. Check out what I got, and Patrick took one of me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We exited DCA, and Patrick asked me if I wanted to go back to Disneyland until they closed. I replied No. I knew my vacation was now over. I had had a marvelous time, and I remember thinking what I always think when a vacation is over. "I will be back". There will be more fun at this magical place that is Disneyland. So we said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways.

Join me now, as I remember some of the moments that made me smile.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That's all folks. If you have stuck with me throughout the entire report, I thank you.

I had a great time. Living the experience, and sharing it with all of you.

........until next time.

• Selfie Expert

Wonderful report, Barbaraann! I'm glad I got to share a tiny part of your vacation with you! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your next adventure.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

The Mad T Party is fun to photograph! So glad you got to see it. You packed a lot of fun into just a few days- wow. Thanks for sharing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

Finshed off that gala with a party, very nice.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.