Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Anniversary Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Some really nice night shots. I know you have a new camera. What are you using now?
    I still just have a small Nikon point and shoot. It has more megapixels, than my last one. Nothing fancy. I just like it better because it takes regular batteries. It also does take better night pictures. However, I can't get the inside stuff quite right.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Coming up next is day four. The hours at Disneyland/DCA were less than normal, but it didn't stop me from having just as much fun as the beginning days. Hanging out with favorite MiceChatters added to the fun.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Do you happen to recall who your skipper was on that Sunday morning Jungle Cruise? I know a few of them and they love hearing random compliments and it's fun to have a friend describe their skipper to me and I ask "did he do a joke about..." and when they say "YES!" I generally can guess who it was. Thank my darling now 8 year old Monkey for that - he loves that attraction and we have been known to ride it multiple times a day. After a while, you get to know the Skippers and have favorites. (sadly, our favorite is transferring to hotels sometime in the near future...)

Your evening/night photos are FANTASTIC by the way!

Now I'll sit back and wait for the next update to this report -- loving every bit of it so far!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Do you happen to recall who your skipper was on that Sunday morning Jungle Cruise? I know a few of them and they love hearing random compliments and it's fun to have a friend describe their skipper to me and I ask "did he do a joke about..." and when they say "YES!" I generally can guess who it was. Thank my darling now 8 year old Monkey for that - he loves that attraction and we have been known to ride it multiple times a day. After a while, you get to know the Skippers and have favorites. (sadly, our favorite is transferring to hotels sometime in the near future...)

Your evening/night photos are FANTASTIC by the way!

Now I'll sit back and wait for the next update to this report -- loving every bit of it so far!
    I don't recall the name of the skipper, but here is his picture.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Day Four.

I arrived at the park, and saw the lines. Normal in size considering that the park would be opening at 10 o'clock on this Monday morning. I sort of liked the 10 to 8 hours that the next four days of my vacation would have. An old lady, such as I needs a certain amount of rest, in order to keep up.

The sky was clear, and there was no wind. The weather was clearing up. Not the drizzly rain of the first few days of my trip.

Cast members welcomed guests on Main Street, the same way they did on Anniversary morning, July 17, 2005.

So, it's 10 a.m. and I am walking down Main Street, ready to have more fun in Disneyland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't ride a firetruck during that trip, but I remember recalling how I had ridden in the golden one during the anniversary vacation. I guess the waving cast member with the Mickey glove, sparked that memory.

I have a habit of stopping at the Pinocchio statue as I walk through the Hub. Jiminy is obviously counseling Jiminy about being a good boy.

Snow White's Grotto looked especially lovely that morning. I was delighted when I also saw the princess Snow White herself. She graciously accepted to be photographed with me.

My next stop was riding on Dumbo where I enjoyed my flight. It sure is fun flying high, and seeing everything from up in the air.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I received a message from my friend, and we met in New Orleans Square, just in time to hear some fine entertainment by these fellows.

A photo in the Hub was next on our agenda. Followed by a trip to the Tiki Room to see that great show. Word was that Maynard was in the room.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm not sure the name of this fine show in front of the castle, but it sure was fun to watch. I took a lot of pics.

• Mischievous Mouse

Wow, just wow. Fabulous TR. pics were great, story so cool, and the essence of it overall was incredible!

Thanks for sharing

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Wow, just wow. Fabulous TR. pics were great, story so cool, and the essence of it overall was incredible!

Thanks for sharing
    Thanks. There's lots more to come.

My trip was for 10 days, and I had a super fantastic time.

Hopefully, I can hold some people's attention, as I tell the rest of my tale.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

OH I love the Mary Poppins show!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

After we enjoyed the Mary Poppins show, we headed into Fantasyland, because I wanted to get my picture taken with Rapunzel. We lucked out, because Flynn Rider was there as well. We did a group shot, and I got my individual picture.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

OMGosh! They are to cute!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was a blast hanging out with them. Flynn Ryder was especially adorable, and played the part very well.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I forgot to mention that our small group spent some time taking in the Golden Horseshoe Revue. It was my 2nd time seeing the show, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My camera stayed in the camera bag, as I just enjoyed the show, and enjoyed hanging out with friends. We also rode Haunted Mansion as a group.

Our group shrunk, and we crossed the esplanade, and entered DCA. When I am with a group of people, I tend to take very few pictures. When I am by myself, I tend to document my day, by taking a whole lot of photos. This was a lite photo day.

We went back to Hollywood Land, and rode the Monsters Inc Ride. I like the ride. It has a lot of great stuff that is in the movie.

Coming back down Hollywood Blvd, we ran into Officer Blue, and I believe the lady on the great bike is Miss Molly. They spoke to us at length, and were kind enough to let me pose for a picture.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast