Disneyland in the rain -____-

My Grandparents are coming to visit me and I was going to surprise them with a trip to Disneyland on Friday. They havent been in over 15 years and my Grandma has been wanting to go for years. However, its going to rain and possibly even thunderstorm. Im thinking worst case it pours and they cancel the parade and fireworks show. Unfortunately, im not sure if its going to be worth $90 a ticket anymore because im a broke college student and this trip is kind of a small fortune in my eyes. lol

Because Disney is so expensive I can only take them once. Should I even bother taking them on Friday or should I just wait? Does anyone have any experiences with Disneyland on a rainy day? Any good/bad stories? Thanks
    Last edited by Disney559; 02-06-2013 at 09:37 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Re: (Need Advice) Disneyland during the rain -____-

Dress to stay dry, shoes too. Umbrella, rain coats, ponchos, and maybe consider renting a locker to stash your stuff.

It's really nice when it rains. Empty, quiet, and no lines. If it's just showers do the indoor attractions, like POTC, HM or almost anything in Tomorrowland while it rains.

Can you get discounted tickets through your school?

Its a $1 discount. lol we all know Disneyland doesnt care about those on a budget

Thanks for the tips Im praying for just a little sprinkle. I really want to take them.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Swampy has it on lock here. Dress appropriately, and be prepared. Personally, I love Disneyland in the rain, especially during the off season. It's the closest you'll get to having the park to yourself! Enjoy the short wait times and have fun!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'd wait. Dallas Raines said the snow level will be dropping to 3500 feet, which indicates that this is going to be a cold rain. Disneyland in the rain is nice. But a cold rain can be miserable. I'd postpone it to a nicer day if I were you.

• Selfie Expert

Since it involves grandparents, you may want to run it by them. I know a lot of people who are negatively impacted by rain, especially older people.

I personally LOVE Disneyland in the rain, but I know that my parents and grandparents would be miserable. Especially a cold rain, as stated above.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Im almost positive im not going to go. Its annoying that today and Saturday are sunny but Friday has thunder storms. lol Im just going to take that as a sign. Maybe, I can take them in the off season in September...

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I have done The park in the rain once. My wife threatened multiple levels of harm including divorce if I didn't take her and our then 2year old back to the hotel.

Everyone is right that it is quiet, peaceful and amazing during that time. However, the grandparents, run it by them or wait until later.

However if you are there, dress warm and maybe bring a change of clothes and stuck in the locker. Ponchos couldn't cover half of me and wound up getting beyond drenched.

Just go, but make dinner reservations inside somewhere and take the train to get around.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

If it rains hard enough and there are not a lot people in the park, Disneyland could shorten their hours and close early. Yeah, I would run it by them to see if it is worth it.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• World of Color

When was the last time they did that. I don't remember them doing that before

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Whenever the last time it rained hard. I don't remember. It happened the last several times I went during the rain.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Re: Disneyland in the rain -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Disney559 View Post
    My Grandparents are coming to visit me and I was going to surprise them with a trip to Disneyland on Friday. They havent been in over 15 years and my Grandma has been wanting to go for years. However, its going to rain and possibly even thunderstorm. Im thinking worst case it pours and they cancel the parade and fireworks show. Unfortunately, im not sure if its going to be worth $90 a ticket anymore because im a broke college student and this trip is kind of a small fortune in my eyes. lol

Because Disney is so expensive I can only take them once. Should I even bother taking them on Friday or should I just wait? Does anyone have any experiences with Disneyland on a rainy day? Any good/bad stories? Thanks
    Well if you could go another time soon to avoid the rain, do it. If not, like the other person said, dress to stay dry, plan ahead for torrential downpour (even if it doesn't happen, better to be safe.), and in worst case scenarios, you can buy ponchos or umbrellas at almost all of the shops there. I'm a california native, so I know this stuff. Enjoy your trip, and good luck!
    PS, very nice of you to spend your money to take your grandparents to Disneyland
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.