• DL Vistor Since 1968

Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Guided Tour

Have any of you experienced this tour? If so, is it worth the cost? I was planning on taking the tour (my first) during my upcoming vacation in May, and would like to hear your opinion.

Re: Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Guided Tour

Quote Originally Posted by VintageMouse View Post
    Have any of you experienced this tour? If so, is it worth the cost? I was planning on taking the tour (my first) during my upcoming vacation in May, and would like to hear your opinion.

i think its all relative to how much you visit the park, and how much info you already know. Ive really only been going for about 5 years and have done all my learning of disneyland history since then. I can say i was REALLY let down by the tour when i took it last year. The tour guide didnt care about what he was doing. He also honestly knew less than i did about a lot of the questions being asked by the other people on the tour. I actually think he was high. It really was not worth the money to do it with this guide. Also club 33 is a let down. better you never go in it then see how sad a shape that 1st room is. The chairs needed repair and the whole room needed a dusting. That being said when i took the trip Walts apartment was NOT part of the tour then but honestly i dont really need to ever go in there to experience the park in a great way. Just my two cents but i really wouldnt waste the money if you have been there a lot. Now if you have not, by all means

I took the tour a couple of years ago, and while it was fun, I had a similar experience. As someone who has been following DL since 1955, I definitely knew more about the park than the guide. The short visit to Club 33 was fun, and we enjoyed a nice lunch together after the tour at tables setup right by the tour check in area. Dunno if that is still included. Very congenial small group of mostly European and Aussie tourists. They were out of the special pin, but took our names and addresses, promising to send them at a later date. I did receive two pins about a month later, with a nice note...a little bit of magic! I would probably do it again as it was just a fun experience. But not like the afternoon I spent in the old Disneyana shop on Main St. playing deep in the weed DL trivia with the CMs so many years ago.

• Hooterville, USA

Did it and it was fabulous!

It's up to you if you want to enjoy it or not. We chose to revel in it!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I have never taken this tour but from the review the VMK tour they had a few years go was better than that (it was free). I am wondering what is up with the lack of info the CMs have. I am sure the Pladds have more info but TDA does not want to offend people.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I am sure the Pladds have more info but TDA does not want to offend people.
    Accurate information should NEVER be offensive.

• Selfie Expert

I've been curious about this tour for a while, but have hesitated due to the cost plus I don't want to spend a huge portion of the morning in a tour (that's peak ride team!). The draw for me was finding out more information (though it sounds like that's not a huge offering for this tour), to go into Club 33 (which I've now been offered a different opportunity, and to go into Walt's Apartment. So I guess at this point I may just need to figure out another way into Walt's Apartment!

Thanks for those who have shared their opinions and the OP for starting this!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Appreciate the feedback. The tour isn't so much for me, but for a friend who lives on the east coast. It's been a while since he visited Disneyland and I thought this might be something worthwhile and fun for him. I've always wanted to tour Walt's apartment and take a peek at Club 33. I'll set my expectations low, but I draw the line at stoned tour guides :-)

• Down Pluto!

We went in 2005 and it was great. Dee was our guide and was one of the nicest Plaids I've ever met. Even for someone as knowledgeable about the park as I still learned a couple on new things. Dee gave out accurate information (as it squared with my info) and was willing to say she did not know, when she didn't. It was well worth the time and money. She spent time with us all personally during lunch.

I have heard from at least three friends since, that the tours have become quite pedestrian if not downright lame. Guides just making stuff up, acting like they were mad that they had to babysit a crowd of jerks, and one report of having the tour on a device with earphones and the "guide" just pointed and wouldn't allow anyone to interrupt the "flow" of the tour. If that is what the tour has become - then why bother?

I will be suspicious next tour I book...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I would love to take the tour just for the chance to see Walt's apartment. That would make it for me!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Aw, that's too bad that they don't do Walt's apartment anymore - I was considering doing that tour only for that part of it. It's still advertised on the Disney website but if they don't do it, I'd rather not spend the time on the tour.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Actually, per the park's website, Walt's apartment is still included. If not, I think we'll pass on the tour.