•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Trekkie Dad's photos from MiceAge weekend

The MiceAge anniversary was the main focus for this weekend in Disneyland, even though we didn't attend all the events. My picture taking seems to be a bit random, since I don't always think to take out my camera phone until it's too late. Must be all the fun I had. I'll try to keep my comments brief and let the pictures speak for themselves.

After a long Friday drive down I-5, what better than to have lunch at Jolly Holliday Bakery? This duck was at an adjacent table begging for scraps. I guess the sparrows had their fill.

Next are some shots of the New Orleans Square train depot.

The train was held up by the afternoon parade, but we got to see some of it as we passed by.

Hopping over to DCA, we decided to brave the single rider line at Radiator Springs Racers. The wait wasn't too bad, and the sun was just going down.

Buena Vista Street is a lot more lively these days.

But after a long day on the road, and a planned early start for the next day, we called it a night and watched the fireworks from our room at the Howard Johnson Hotel.

Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Re: Trekkie Dad's photos from MiceAge weekend

Did I say we had an early start? Our only opportunity for an early entry this weekend was at 7:00 am on Saturday.

We had hoped to get into DCA, but we had to "settle" for Disneyland. Didn't mind it all that much. Got to sit in front.

Made it easy to get on the monorail to head for the MiceAge anniversary breakfast. This was one event we made the trip for. Renewed friendships and got to hear some interesting stories.

A surprise visit from Disneyland Resort's new president. Did someone say it was his second day on the job? He's the guy holding the mic while Dusty looks on.

The main attraction: Imagineer Rolly Crump with co-author Jeff Heimbuch. Rolly worked on many of the iconic attractions at Disneyland.

A surprise gift for Al Lutz. His very own Main Street Window. (I hope someone comes up with a better picture.)

Later, it was an informal group lunch near the Paradise Grill.

Our son and one of my wife's closest friends joined us at this point, so we broke off from the group for a while. Outside Soarin' over California, we watched a short entertainment.

We later picked up Margo. What energy! Before you know it, we were riding Luigi's tires and the Tower of Terror. Margo's the one front and center with her hands in the air.

And we had our own car on Radiator Springs Racers. We won!

That pretty much capped off the day picture-wise. We dropped Margo off at the Tangaroa Terrace, our son went home, and the remaining three went back into Disneyland to watch the fireworks from the Rivers of America. Open sky, no one standing in front. Nice way to end the day.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Sunday morning wasn't quite as early. Breakfast at 9 with MiceChatters in Frontierland, followed by a short talk from artist Dave Avanzino. Dave is known for the shadow boxes he creates.

Next came a pleasant surprise. A few of us were invited to ride in the Lilly Belle parlor car on the Disneyland Railroad. We even got some background info from the conductor (though Sam G. told us later not all of the spiel was correct).

Of course there was the BIG noon meet. I'm sure you will find many pictures of this one in other threads.

Then I put the camera phone away for a while. We joined the lunch at Hungry Bear and went on the Yesterland tour. Check out other threads for pictures. I don't have any. What I do have are some shots I took at the Golden Horseshoe salute show. While not the original, there were familiar elements from it.

Afterwards, we rejoined the group in the Tiki Room and said our goodbyes in Aladdin's Oasis.

That's all I have for now. I've been tagged in a few in Facebook, and when I find them again, I'll add them here.

• Just drawn that way

Great photo's! Thanks for sharing.
    Little and broken, but still good.