• white and nerdy

question about southern California passes

I have a question from my co-worker. She is from California but doesn't have a current drivers license. Her husband does and they have a few kids....

What does disney look for when giving the southern California discounts... can one ID buy several tickets or does each ticket need a seperate CA ID?

Any help will be GREATLY... well... helpfull.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

Re: question about southern California passes

One ID can buy several tickets ... I think up to 6. We only used one when we got our SoCal AP's.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The CM's at the turnstyles have the right to check SoCl ID's (the offer clearly states that each person needs to be a SoCal resident).

That said, I have never heard of anyone having their ID checked at the turnstyles in regards to this offer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

The Main Entrance is supposed to check ONE person's ID in your party to verify SoCal / NorBaja residency. Not everyone has to be a resident, only one person in your party does on the first day of use. Now I said "supposed to", doesn't mean that they do all the time.

You can buy up to six or eight resident SoCal / NorBaja tickets at the Box Office (or the SCP Disney Desk) per resident ID. You can buy these for friends and stuff, but at least ONE resident needs to enter with them when they use their tickets on the first day.

Now the APs are different... you have to be the one that's the resident to activate and use a SoCal AP... so basically you can't buy them for friends who aren't residents.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Now the APs are different... you have to be the one that's the resident to activate and use a SoCal AP... so basically you can't buy them for friends who aren't residents.

In theory, that is correct, BUT...

Our neighbor (No. CA) has a sister who lives in Orange Co. They go to the Parks together some of the time (especially at renewal time) and her sister buys the SoCal AP's for our neighbor. They just "say" that they all live together at the same address. It has worked for her for three years now. I know it's deceitful (lying) and I don't approve, but they get away with it.

If someone wants to cheat the system, there isn't much to prevent it.

(she's also the same one that has her kids eat half their meal, then asks for her money back because the food was "bad") Among other things...

• white and nerdy

Thanks for all the great information!!!!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Our neighbor (No. CA) has a sister who lives in Orange Co. They go to the Parks together some of the time (especially at renewal time) and her sister buys the SoCal AP's for our neighbor. They just "say" that they all live together at the same address. It has worked for her for three years now. I know it's deceitful (lying) and I don't approve, but they get away with it.

(she's also the same one that has her kids eat half their meal, then asks for her money back because the food was "bad") Among other things...
    So basically, you're telling me that she's trash. There's no reason to be deceitful or to constantly try to scam the system... eh, anyways karma will bite that girl in the *** one day! 8

That second comment, the one about getting money back for food she's eaten, just gets me so angry. I hate people who are that lame to do things like that.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    The Main Entrance is supposed to check ONE person's ID in your party to verify SoCal / NorBaja residency.
    Actually, they changed the policy starting in January 2005, and EACH guest must be a SoCal resident.

Pull out one of your "Visit Disneyland Park on one day and Disney's California Adventure Park on another day for FREE!" (aka 2fer) ticket gift cards.

Check out the upper left corner of the lower (ticket) portion, back side.

*Guests must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 to use this ticket for admission and proof of residency will be required........
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com