Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: Quiet Places At Disneyland Resort

Past the candy store that is across from the exit to Winnie the Pooh, there are a couple of benches tucked into a quiet little corner of the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

The spot back by Winnie the Pooh is nice unless the characters are outside. It gets pretty packed when they surface.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

All the good ones have been mentioned - Hungry Bear off peak lunch hours being my personal favorite. There is the Carnation Plaza Gardens most of the time....oh.....wait.....forgot they built a village that at least half the park will have little to no use for.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

These are all great ideas! Thanks everyone!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The spot back by Winnie the Pooh is nice unless the characters are outside. It gets pretty packed when they surface.
    Not the ones immediately outside the ride. The ones back in the farthest corner of the park just past those. In my experience, even when the characters are out they are empty.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

For sure the old Motorboat Cruise area. It's no longer a smoking area so it's always deserted and very quiet!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    All the good ones have been mentioned - Hungry Bear off peak lunch hours being my personal favorite. There is the Carnation Plaza Gardens most of the time....oh.....wait.....forgot they built a village that at least half the park will have little to no use for.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

There are benches on the porch on Main Street; it's a blue house, I think. Might be others that have benches, too. Opera House. The old Motorboat Cruise area. Court of Angels. Tom Sawyer Island has a few places to sit and watch things go by.

Not quiet, but nice to sit: French Market or River Belle. French Market tends to have jazz bands on the teeny stage. Catch the Hillbillies show in Big Thunder Ranch area.

Cruise on the Mark Twain!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    For sure the old Motorboat Cruise area. It's no longer a smoking area so it's always deserted and very quiet!
    It's a nice little oasis!

Name:  Project57.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  164.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My favorite quiet spot is at the BBQ restaurant behind Thunder Mountain Railroad... though it's only quiet when the band doesn't come out to play.

• Johnny and Me!

To the right of the Mark Twain dock, and across from Big Thunder's entrance, there is a raised platform with tables and umbrellas. It provides an excellent view of the Rivers of America, and people rarely use it. Next time you go to Rancho Del Zocalo, ask for your food "to go" and take it there.

Aladdinn's Oasis is rarely crowded; aside from the meet and greet, it is empty. There is also a private bathroom there!

Next time you see the red "freight cars" on the Disneyland Railroad, ask to ride in the caboose. You can ride for as long as you like, and it is usually empty. Here is a picture:

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    To the right of the Mark Twain dock, and across from Big Thunder's entrance, there is a raised platform with tables and umbrellas. It provides an excellent view of the Rivers of America, and people rarely use it. Next time you go to Rancho Del Zocalo, ask for your food "to go" and take it there.

Aladdinn's Oasis is rarely crowded; aside from the meet and greet, it is empty. There is also a private bathroom there!

Next time you see the red "freight cars" on the Disneyland Railroad, ask to ride in the caboose. You can ride for as long as you like, and it is usually empty. Here is a picture:
    Great suggestions! That area near the Mark Twain dock sounds nice. Never noticed that before. And wow -- riding in the caboose! How cool is that? Didn't know that could be done.

This isn't "quiet" (due to fairly loud music loop) and honestly isn't even that comfortable (due to no chairs anywhere) but the Main Street Cinema is a good place to hide out and just get away from the crowds. There is pretty much never anyone in there, the most I've seen was about 12 people right before midnight on NYE. My friends and I use it as our base at DL, we eat there, we regroup there etc..

As a few others mentioned, the Hungry Bear. Its why its my favorite restaurant.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• They call me the Mayor...

Redwood Creek over at DCA is usually pretty relaxing. I find the BGM to be very peacful too.
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Don’t forget that the Rum comes third!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast